New B7610 Collection Thread

Guest m0o5

Guest Thunder141

Here and here are some lists with download options for firmware files. First forum needs registration

I sent PM's about this to Paul and another staffmember but no reply. Who should I send a message to get it pinned/stickied? In the meantime: Please keep bumping this thread from time to time to keep it off page 2 ... lol

And I have some other questions: :)

The GPS fix for i8000 (pinned in Omnia II forum) works on b7610 too? And what about the i8000 pagepool changer?

Also, I would like to complete the list of official ROMs, preferably with CSCs. But where do I start? Someone can provide a list of all official ROMs? Or point me to their locations?

Above all, of course, I'd like to thank y'all for sharing your links, CABs, info etc. so far. Thanks for your support, together we keep the B7610 community alive! :)

Edited by Thunder141

Guest El Cazador

Hi everybody.

I have been reading this forum for just a couple of weeks, and I decided that today would be the day I flashed my ROM for the first time. Everything has gone OK so far. I Flashed Daskalos's Megalite ROM 21664 6.5.3. (thanks to Daskalos) The I tried to load a couple of the Samsung cabs I would need: camera application, XT9 keypad (and thanks to AncientWinds, Thunder141 and tjeerdos) .

But this is where I've stalled. I copied the cabs to the device and using file explorer, tapped on the cab files in turn to install them, then soft reset the phone. No camera app, no keyboard.

What am I doing wrong with these? Do I actually need to cook them into the ROM? (Not sure I'm ready for that)

Thanks a lot guys.

Guest Thunder141

if you tap on the cabs there should be some dialog for installing. When they are installed correctly, they should have shortcuts in start menu.

Hi everybody.

I have been reading this forum for just a couple of weeks, and I decided that today would be the day I flashed my ROM for the first time. Everything has gone OK so far. I Flashed Daskalos's Megalite ROM 21664 6.5.3. (thanks to Daskalos) The I tried to load a couple of the Samsung cabs I would need: camera application, XT9 keypad (and thanks to AncientWinds, Thunder141 and tjeerdos) .

But this is where I've stalled. I copied the cabs to the device and using file explorer, tapped on the cab files in turn to install them, then soft reset the phone. No camera app, no keyboard.

What am I doing wrong with these? Do I actually need to cook them into the ROM? (Not sure I'm ready for that)

Thanks a lot guys.

Guest El Cazador
if you tap on the cabs there should be some dialog for installing. When they are installed correctly, they should have shortcuts in start menu.

Ohhh OK I think I asked the wrong questions. I'll try agan and see how I get on.

Thanks for helping.

Guest El Cazador
Ohhh OK I think I asked the wrong questions. I'll try agan and see how I get on.

Thanks for helping.

RIght. I think I'm getting closer. I installed the "fixed" camera cab and that works. I reinstalled the keyboard cab and that works now.

Just a couple of little problems still to resolve:

1. I would prefer to use the Samsung volume control (the circular one) that came with the phone. I installed the Samsung volume control cab a couple of times, but I'm still only seeing the default windows volume slider. The Samsung control appears in the list of programs that can be removed, but not in the program list behind the Windows button.

2. The standard messaging application was on the ROM. I like it and would be happy to use it, except that I can't open any text messages. I can see the list of messages, but tapping on a message doesn't open it. Nothing happens. Do I need to reinstall the Samsung SMS-MMS app to make it work? I hope not, because I always found it really slow and laggy.

3. I am using SPB Mobile Shell. I can't get it to override the Windows start key. I would like to use Daskalos's ingenious tweak to remove CHome and free up the memory, but the windows key is always there, and tapping it accidentally always crashes the phone. Can I make the Windows menu key disappear altogether? Otherwise, can anyone here tell me if they made the tweak work with SPB Mobile Shell, and if so how?

Once again, thanks to all ou kind and knowledgeable people. I'm in awe of your expertise with this stuff. :) Thanks.

El Cazador

Guest Thunder141

The issue with sms and volume control is fixed in some other newer rom builds. Which rom do you use? The question with Daskalos tip could perhaps be answered by Daskalos.

RIght. I think I'm getting closer. I installed the "fixed" camera cab and that works. I reinstalled the keyboard cab and that works now.

Just a couple of little problems still to resolve:

1. I would prefer to use the Samsung volume control (the circular one) that came with the phone. I installed the Samsung volume control cab a couple of times, but I'm still only seeing the default windows volume slider. The Samsung control appears in the list of programs that can be removed, but not in the program list behind the Windows button.

2. The standard messaging application was on the ROM. I like it and would be happy to use it, except that I can't open any text messages. I can see the list of messages, but tapping on a message doesn't open it. Nothing happens. Do I need to reinstall the Samsung SMS-MMS app to make it work? I hope not, because I always found it really slow and laggy.

3. I am using SPB Mobile Shell. I can't get it to override the Windows start key. I would like to use Daskalos's ingenious tweak to remove CHome and free up the memory, but the windows key is always there, and tapping it accidentally always crashes the phone. Can I make the Windows menu key disappear altogether? Otherwise, can anyone here tell me if they made the tweak work with SPB Mobile Shell, and if so how?

Once again, thanks to all ou kind and knowledgeable people. I'm in awe of your expertise with this stuff. :) Thanks.

El Cazador

Guest El Cazador
The issue with sms and volume control is fixed in some other newer rom builds. Which rom do you use? The question with Daskalos tip could perhaps be answered by Daskalos.

Thanks for your help here Thunder141.

I was looking for a 6.5.3 MEGALite ROM and came across Daskalos's build number 21664, which is the one I have been using. Maybe I should use 23144. From the number can I presume it is more recent?

Thanks

El Caz

Guest Thunder141

23144, 23145 and 23146 are more recend builds

Thanks for your help here Thunder141.

I was looking for a 6.5.3 MEGALite ROM and came across Daskalos's build number 21664, which is the one I have been using. Maybe I should use 23144. From the number can I presume it is more recent?

Thanks

El Caz

• 2 weeks later...

ROMs update, other minor changes (skins added, dial code corrected)

Please report missing (or double, or dead links, wrong name, any other faults/errors) ROMs. There are so many ... :) Well done chefs! :)

Thanks for the heads-up madmid! B)

Bumping this great thread by m0o5. Definitely worth sticking-up!

missing my english armani rom and netcf messages in german, if you find it

Found NETCFv35.Messages.DE.cab on pocketpc.ch and the link to NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab was dead; both attached.

You mean "English B7610 Armani Lite ROM based on 28244" ? It's already there ...

NETCFv35.Messages.DE.wm.cab

NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab

Edited by m0o5

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigDeep

So people, can somebody give me a wm 6.5 ROM for my B7610, because Im very confused about which should I chose, so anybody who has a perfect 6.5 ROM, reply the link.Please? (this is my christmass present)!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Chin the Diver

Question about the Camera tweak/patch.

So I took some photos and have there stored in my MicroSD card, simple enough. Problem is, every now and the the phone or the camera or whatever, erase every thing in the DCIM directory. That say, all my photos are gone......

Does anyone has similar problem?

How do I solve it?

Thanks.