Suitable Silicone Case & Screen Protector for San Francisco by Orange

Guest H2ohaZZ

Guest That-Guy
the back of the packet mine came in says available in 6 classic colours

clear, black, green, blue, pink and purple

so from that i would say that there is more colours to come try sending sohogopher a message on ebay see what they say

Yeah but she is a fussy cow and wants a solid pink colour and not the translucent kind :lol:

Guest Timeblast

Hi,

Nillkin only do three colours so far for the San Francisco cases and my factory source told me they are not bringing the other colours out anytime yet. The card you find with my cases and others are generic cards for all their cases, therefore those colours are avalible but for other models.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Guest Ced_Gee
I'm guessing that the nail polish remover problem is because most don't contain acetone (the strong smell!) any more. :lol:

The stuff I used was acetone based but would barely touch it, I think mine just came off with excessive brute force and friction. I actually struggled to remove the remnants and had to scrape the last bits off with my finger nail.

Has anybody ordered a white case for their white OSF?

I am not sure whether to get a silicon case or maybe wait for some leather ones to come out and I'm just wondering what it would actually look like as every picture I've seen of a white case has been on a black OSF.

Edited by calza

Guest zaphan58

Does anyone else find the screen protector in the Nillkin set to be rubbish? It's kind of matt and the screen doesn't look half as good. I'm going to go back to a gloss one I bought a while back. The case it great though! It feels so good to have a case that fits properly at last.

Guest milkykung
Hi,

As promised orders made yesterday after 3:30 and during the early hours this morning were sent at noon today. All other orders will be sent on Monday.

:lol:

Woot :) Thanks for the update. Hope to receive it soon :)

Cheers,

Guest Len Ash
Does anyone else find the screen protector in the Nillkin set to be rubbish? It's kind of matt and the screen doesn't look half as good. I'm going to go back to a gloss one I bought a while back. The case it great though! It feels so good to have a case that fits properly at last.

Yep - fuzzy and awful.

I tried one some time back and ripped it off sharpish. Mirrored ones are utter cackage too... any sunlight and you're staring at a brick.

I only use the crystal clear ones....

Time, my case arrived this morning so thank you will leave you some ebay feedback a little later. Right side of the case doesnt seem to fit that snug, but ill have a better fiddle with it over the next few days.

Hmm so the screen protector is a little naf, not sure if ill fit it. I got a Zagg invisible shield for the wifes iphone 4(spits) the other day and it was pretty damn good. Might get one of their generic ones and cut it down to the SF.

Guest ezablade
Wow you guys are quicker than me. Thanks! :lol:

Mine arrived this morning... unfortunately I wasn't in, so gonna have to call in to the Post Office first thing Monday to get my hands on it! It's like waiting for Christmas to come :)

Guest Rotmann
OK I've just removed the Orange logo completely, using nail varnish remover. If you use a white tissue and you see any orange at all on the tissue, it's working. It took me about 5 minutes rubbing, but it's history! No sign at all of it ever having been there. :lol:

I wouldn't risk that on a grey SF (not even on a white one) because the rubber coating may come off. You're way better off with an android sticker.

It didnt really work for me on my grey sf. The orange logo would barely budge, so I applied more elbow grease which removed the logo plus the grey coating from the housing. I'll have to get a sticker to cover up the mess now. :)

That's what I meant

Just a heads-up... don't buy screen protectors from this ebay seller http://stores.ebay.co.uk/protectionfilms24

They're cheap, but they're complete rubbish.

Thanks for the feedback, wanted to buy some from "schutzfolien24". The are the same as "protectionfilms24". Some other users reported air bubbles with the cheap ones too. Could you try these? People did not complain.

Guest Nandroid
I wouldn't risk that on a grey SF (not even on a white one) because the rubber coating may come off. You're way better off with an android sticker.

That's what I meant

Thanks for the feedback, wanted to buy some from "schutzfolien24". The are the same as "protectionfilms24". Some other users reported air bubbles with the cheap ones too. Could you try these? People did not complain.

The problem with these screen protectors isn't bubbles. Even the cheapest screen covers can be put on without bubbles using the right technique. The problem is that they scratch even with normal use. After 2 days my screen was a web of scratches, seemingly caused by my fingers! There is also a nest of scratches where I put the phone in a shirt pocket along with a plastic pen drive... with no metal exposed. The covers are also just a shade too big. This is a real pain because they don't seal to the screen around the edge, leaving about 1mm lifted all the way round. They come not as individual covers, but on a sheet of 6. It looks like cheap clear vinyl that has been laser cut.

Regarding the logo removal. All I can say is that it worked for me and I'm so glad I did it.

Edited by Nandroid

Guest friederike
Has anybody ordered a white case for their white OSF?

I am not sure whether to get a silicon case or maybe wait for some leather ones to come out and I'm just wondering what it would actually look like as every picture I've seen of a white case has been on a black OSF.

I ordered the white jelly case for my white phone yesterday and will take pictures as soon as it arrives. It may be end of the week though, due to the shipping to Germany.

Guest thedandyp

Does anyone have any advice on full bodied screen protectors? The ones I had been using up to this point had been for the i900 from ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-PACK-LCD-SCREEN-PR...=item414908ea36

Howeverhaving used the one in timeblasts case package I love the size, but would prefer one that isn't matte, but rather crystal clear. All the ones on ebay use stock images like this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-x-screen-protector...=item41554608d6

Anyone got any recommendations from experience? Cheers

I ordered the white jelly case for my white phone yesterday and will take pictures as soon as it arrives. It may be end of the week though, due to the shipping to Germany.

Thanks, I am looking forward to your pictures.

Guest thedandyp
the screen protectors i use are these ones,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...T#ht_1358wt_782

they do actually seem to fit the SF really well I've found, and not bad value too.

Cheers, do they go from just above the physical buttons, all the way to the top of the phone, with a hole for the speaker and sensor.

Or does it finish underneath the speaker?

Guest FrankieADZ
Cheers, do they go from just above the physical buttons, all the way to the top of the phone, with a hole for the speaker and sensor.

Or does it finish underneath the speaker?

yeah, it starts from the buttons(Not covering them) to the top of the phone;next to the speaker..either side BUT NOT going over the speaker.

fits mine really well. :lol:

Also that seller is really good, most of the time, when I've ordered something from them it's arrived next day.

Guest thedandyp
yeah, it starts from the buttons(Not covering them) to the top of the phone;next to the speaker..either side BUT NOT going over the speaker.

fits mine really well. :lol:

Also that seller is really good, most of the time, when I've ordered something from them it's arrived next day.

Thanks for that, they do sound remarkably like the i900 ones though.

I think i'm going to give these ones a try, just so that with the case, it means the entire phone is protected:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Edited by thedandyp

Just an update

Took the cover off used a hair dryer and heated up the side with the volume buttons

and then folded it inwards until it cooled seemed to have done the trick

post-197547-1295807692_thumb.jpg

Guest FrankieADZ
Thanks for that, they do sound remarkably like the i900 ones though.

I think i'm going to give these ones a try, just so that with the case, it means the entire phone is protected:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I thought that too, but there not, i ordered i900 ones before these and there completey different, So if your unsure I'll post a picture of some more I've got coming,

Guest That-Guy
Just an update

Took the cover off used a hair dryer and heated up the side with the volume buttons

and then folded it inwards until it cooled seemed to have done the trick

post-197547-1295807692_thumb.jpg

Great Thanks :lol:

Still waiting for mine to turn up but will do this if I have any problems!

Guest thedandyp
I thought that too, but there not, i ordered i900 ones before these and there completey different, So if your unsure I'll post a picture of some more I've got coming,

That would be great if you wouldn't mind.