Power Button/Waking from Sleep

Guest DaveMac

Guest DaveMac

Has anyone found out a way of enabling any other of the buttons to wake the SF from sleep other than the power button?

My power button has become quite de-pressed now, and although it still works, it hardly presses down at all any more. As the button is attached to the back cover, I'm worried further continued use will make it worse, and even stop working altogether.

Any ideas??? :)

Guest J_____C
This issue bothers me a little as well. IIRC someone started a similar thread but there were no solutions found as yet :)

Anyone know of any workarounds yet????

thanks

take the back off and work out why it's depressed, you might be able to stick a bit of plastic underneath the button and improve it

or return it as faulty

Edited by rjm2k

Guest mike557
http://code.google.com/p/mylockforandroid/...mp;can=2&q=

Just installed this and it seems you can set any key to unlcok by pressing twice. It seems to get rid of the slide to unlock function completely though so I may not have it set up right as yet.

Seems to have a few problems - It DOES allow you to press the front keys to power on the screen (which was what I wanted). The volume keys need to be pressed twice - would prefer the same for the front keys (like on the Pulse)

Although I have enabled the security lock screen, this is bypassed if this app is running, so something to be aware of.

Guest waj1234
Seems to have a few problems - It DOES allow you to press the front keys to power on the screen (which was what I wanted). The volume keys need to be pressed twice - would prefer the same for the front keys (like on the Pulse)

Although I have enabled the security lock screen, this is bypassed if this app is running, so something to be aware of.

Yeah it does seem buggy and does something different each time. It would be good if you just say hit any button at the bottom to wake it and then slide to unlock as its a strange button to have to press being at th top.

Guest mike557

Not sure what you mean by a button at the top?

One thing which this does fix is the wifi disconnect problem :)

Since installing this I have had no wifi disconnects which is great !!!

I assume the app stops the wifi/phone from going into a deeper sleep so disconnects do not happen (with wifi sleep policy set to Never).

Just trying with wifi sleep policy "When screen turns off" as this will save power (I assume).

Guest Kaiser Wilhelm II
Has anyone found out a way of enabling any other of the buttons to wake the SF from sleep other than the power button?

My power button has become quite de-pressed now, and although it still works, it hardly presses down at all any more. As the button is attached to the back cover, I'm worried further continued use will make it worse, and even stop working altogether.

Any ideas??? :)

I'm not too sure what's happening but sometimes my SF quite happily 'wakes' (into the sliding unlock screen) when I push one of the three front buttons, even when the screen has been off for ages. Other times, I must press the 'power' button on top to get to the unlock screen.

I think it might be linked to the data sync function - sometimes the sync icon is always on at the top of the screen - maybe something requiring sync is constantly running and preventing the phone from going into full 'sleep' mode when I hit power and just turning off the screen? Of late, the syncing icon only comes on when an app is actually syncing some data and that seems to coincide with the need to press the power button to wake the phone.

Also, that might explain some of the getting warm/rapid power drain issues that have affected me intermittently.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Stryke69

I'm using the MyUnlock-App as mentioned above. I think it doesn't completly work as intended, when pressing the "MENU" or the "POWER" button there's no unlock screen, but that's fine for me.

Best feature of this app is of course, that it solves the well known wifi issue :P

Guest cliche guevara

Hi, picked up a SF today to replace my aging HTC Magic. One thing that really bugs me about this phone is pressing the power button to wake it, it's not a natural action as the button is out of reach when the handset is held normally. If I use the solution listed above, can I go back to the standard set up if I don't like it? Or use a lock screen app on top of it?

Guest bear807

over almost 2 weeks i have notice when u use the top button to put device on sleep you need to use slp button to activate it again, if you let the device sleep by justing letting the screen dimmer u will able to wake youe device by pressing home, this what happens to mine

Guest john306
over almost 2 weeks i have notice when u use the top button to put device on sleep you need to use slp button to activate it again, if you let the device sleep by justing letting the screen dimmer u will able to wake youe device by pressing home, this what happens to mine

Don't work with mine.

I now use mylock and works perfectly using any of the bottom 3 buttons

Works with mine - thanks for tip.

By Jove he's right! Spread the word...

You am new legend sir bear807. This finally adds balance to my overuse of the back key. Have some man-love.

Guest meinnit

WOW you're a genius!! Can't believe it took so long for someone to notice this feature! Thanks!

A bit annoying because you have to wait until screen times out which wastes a bit of battery.

Guest meinnit
WOW you're a genius!! Can't believe it took so long for someone to notice this feature! Thanks!

A bit annoying because you have to wait until screen times out which wastes a bit of battery.

Hmm very random behavior. Do you have any unlock apps installed such as NoLock or MyLock?

Guest meinnit

I think it only works if the device hasn't totally slept, eg if you press power and then immediatly press any button, it wakes up.

Would be interesting to see if you have any unlock apps installed because when I uninstalled these apps it stopped working (unless I was mistaking it for the above)

Guest koalauk

Mine wakes up anytime by pressing any of the 3 buttons as its been like this since new, and I am on the same line as the microswitch and on/off button design is very bad microswithc probably last for a long time but the plastic button which is attached to back cover will fail thats for sure

I think I spoke too soon. After my phone was asleep for a while and I pressed the Home button I got no response, and this time my phone wasn't plugged in to charge. I wish someone would shed some light on this...

Guest oh!dougal
I think I spoke too soon. After my phone was asleep for a while and I pressed the Home button I got no response, and this time my phone wasn't plugged in to charge. I wish someone would shed some light on this...

If its on charge/usb, the front 3 buttons wake it. This has been noted before.

I think you can wake it if not on charge/usb by pressing a front button 'soon' (less than 30 sec?) after the screen goes off.

Guest igors_s

I'm having similar problem. if the phone sleeps for more than 5 minutes, it takes 4-6 button presses to unlock which is extreemly annoying.

that's 5-10 seconds just to unlock the device.

Once screen is on everything works flawlessly.

Any ideas?

P.S. I'm using MoDaCos unofficial 2.2 froyo rom with a-gps fix.

This has to be one of the most annoying glitches of the SF, it seems totally inconsistent when the front buttons will bring it out of sleep. Any one found a definitive fix?