List your issues with the online kitchen here

Guest i00

--------------------------------------------------

7/10/2010

Decided to post this here - originally posted something similar in r9 online kitchen post ... but there are so many posts there that it quickly gets lost

The purpose of this thread is basically so that you can list (what you think are) issues with the online kitchen for the desire...

Here is my three cents:

1. (Major - would be of great benefit to alot of people) It would be good if there was an option to shrink the /system partition to the size that is actually used on it - that would allow more space in the /data partition.

2. (Minor) in r9 - most of the time when cooking, when "Stock Boot Animation" is ticked and "Disable startup sound" is unchecked, the sound on startup is still disabled and the boot animation is the default android one ... not the htc one - even though the "data\local\bootanimation.zip" appears to be the correct htc one.

3. (Don't care/Easy to fix) According to the online kitchen, the app quickoffice is stored in /data however upon further inspection of the rom it appears to be infact stored in /system - where it should be ... kitchen builder page should be updated.

The Major / Minor / Don't care etc is how much i want it done

8/10/2010

4. (Moderate) Ambient light sensor does not work

5. (Moderate) Bluetooth has no option to be always discoverable - this is needed for older bluetooth devices to connect to it

6. (Minor) When playing audio through bluetooth A2DP with HTC Music the music automatically stops when the connection is severed - it would be good that, if/when this happens, the next time it connects to bluetooth it automatically resumes play from where it left off

19/10/2010

7. (Minor) When alarm goes off and is not snoozed or dismissed it never stops.

8. (Minor)When all home screens are full and you click add when a folder is open it says the home screen is full - but this should not matter as it will add to the folder not the homescreen

31/10/2010

9. (Major) Modified version of Google navigation more often than not will just state that it is "Getting driving directions" - if TTS is installed you will eventually get a message saying "Data connection lost" - even when you have a constant data connection

10. (Major) Sometimes when you goto a conversation for a contact and type a text message then goto send it you will get a message along the lines of "Please enter a phone number for recipient".

3/11/2010

11. (Moderate) Alarm seems to never turn off if it is not dismissed

Thanks,

Kris

Edited by i00

Guest skinnypupp

There have been so many that I come across, I'll try to think of a few right now:

1) (Major) Gmail PUSH only syncs one account. Yes, the same bug the stock Desire rom had when it first got FroYo. Eventually HTC fixed it, but R9 still has it. Even with the Gmail app from the market.

2) (Major) Most music players stop playing when the screen is turned off. So far the only player I have tried that works is Lithium. HTC Music, RockPlayer, and PlayerPro all have the issue

Those are the two big ones that have bee bothering me that you haven't listed

2) (Major) Most music players stop playing when the screen is turned off. So far the only player I have tried that works is Lithium. HTC Music, RockPlayer, and PlayerPro all have the issue

I don't have this problem and I'm using the stock HTC app.

Guest BashyUK
There have been so many that I come across, I'll try to think of a few right now:

1) (Major) Gmail PUSH only syncs one account. Yes, the same bug the stock Desire rom had when it first got FroYo. Eventually HTC fixed it, but R9 still has it. Even with the Gmail app from the market.

Those are the two big ones that have bee bothering me that you haven't listed

Are you using Advanced Task Killer or Juice Defender? I have both and had to add last.fm in Juice Defender as an exception so that it wasn't killed when my screen is off (I have data turned off when the screen is off). Just a thought anyway, although my htc music player works fine with the screen off without it being added in any ignore lists.

As for the kitchen, not come across any issues personally. I have all my email accounts in Gmail and it works just fine.

Edited by BashyUK

Guest navodwickra

1. Minor - can't change the damn boot animation after installing the R9 ROM. it comes up with android logo always. Tried replacing the bootanimation.zip in /data/local manually but still comes up with that android logo :)

Guest skinnypupp
Are you using Advanced Task Killer or Juice Defender? I have both and had to add last.fm in Juice Defender as an exception so that it wasn't killed when my screen is off (I have data turned off when the screen is off). Just a thought anyway, although my htc music player works fine with the screen off without it being added in any ignore lists.

As for the kitchen, not come across any issues personally. I have all my email accounts in Gmail and it works just fine.

No I don't use any task killers. I do use Widget Locker but I tried disabling it to see if that was what caused the problem. It wasn't.

Also I noticed that audio playback quality isn't very good. There seems to be a 'hissing' sound when audio is played.

No I don't use any task killers. I do use Widget Locker but I tried disabling it to see if that was what caused the problem. It wasn't.

Also I noticed that audio playback quality isn't very good. There seems to be a 'hissing' sound when audio is played.

I don't get the hissing or the problem that you mentioned above with the audio turning off with the screen ... just thought of a few more tho ... added them to the 1st post

Kris

1. Minor - can't change the damn boot animation after installing the R9 ROM. it comes up with android logo always. Tried replacing the bootanimation.zip in /data/local manually but still comes up with that android logo :)

I believe this is linked to the other issue described in my 2nd point

Kris

Guest navodwickra
I believe this is linked to the other issue described in my 2nd point

Kris

Yeah it must be the missing symlink between /system/customize/ and data/local

Guest hassand

the wifi sleeps too much, it wasnt like this before on the previous roms. im using them since day1

cooked with the standard wifi option on r9 kitchen.

it even sleeps while im using it, i lose connection, phone uses 3g for a while then it comes back on and no the wifi signal is not in anyway problematic. my laptop computer does not lose connection for even a second.

the wifi sleeps too much, it wasnt like this before on the previous roms. im using them since day1

cooked with the standard wifi option on r9 kitchen.

it even sleeps while im using it, i lose connection, phone uses 3g for a while then it comes back on and no the wifi signal is not in anyway problematic. my laptop computer does not lose connection for even a second.

hrm ... i have never had a problem with this... i do use "Advanced - 802.11N" though when building the rom

Kris

Hi

My problems are:

(major) (R9) Some photos (10-20% of all) have a issue. The lower part of the picture is not "finish" and has a color issue.

(major) (R9) Free mem after reboot is fine. From day to day (without a reboot) free mem will be fewer and fewer. After a few days the phone is lagging so much. Taskkiller does not help. Reboot is only a solution.

ty

Hi

My problems are:

(major) (R9) Some photos (10-20% of all) have a issue. The lower part of the picture is not "finish" and has a color issue.

(major) (R9) Free mem after reboot is fine. From day to day (without a reboot) free mem will be fewer and fewer. After a few days the phone is lagging so much. Taskkiller does not help. Reboot is only a solution.

ty

I do not have either of these problems - with the camera issue your radio may need changing - With the 2.2 froyo Kitchen (R8) if i included the radio that came with that one, my camera did not work at all! - The one with R9 appears to work fine though.

Kris

• 2 weeks later...