DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest killerbz
nm found it...thanks man!

Couple of quick questions..this will show my nubness.

Do I need to flash http://build.streakdroid.com/amss.mbn?

I still need to copy the 1.4.6 to my sd card right?

When copying 1.4.6 to my sd card, do I just name it "update"? I noticed when I name it update.zip, clockwork will not see it, I have to search for it and when I find it, it's named update.zip.zip.

• 2 weeks later...
thats why - you used qdl didnt need to with new update - go to 2.1 then flash to 2.2 using update zip only

I don't understand.

I have the same problem, but I'm not sure what QDL is or how to fix the 'PreloadNetworkSetting is still at work' error.

Thank you

edit: and I'm not exactly sure how to get back to 2.1 now. :)

Edited by dvowel

• 1 month later...
Guest jbrough42

hey, nearly every link on the original post seems to be dead (all of the install files and the vid link). Is anyone else experiencing this and does anyone have a working link to the most current version of Stephen Hyde's 2.2?

-Btw... I'm specifically looking for the update-new.zip listed in homeiss's guide (linked in the original post as well)

Edited by jbrough42

Guest goodwoodone

No expert myself but this is the link to the latest build http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...a-release-post/

If you are a relative novice read it through a couple of times also read up on flashing with clockworkmod and how to flash a new baseband in fastboot if you take your time and verify at all stages it should be a painless install and you will love the Streak how Dell should have released it.

Guest brokenpixel
hey, nearly every link on the original post seems to be dead (all of the install files and the vid link). Is anyone else experiencing this and does anyone have a working link to the most current version of Stephen Hyde's 2.2?

-Btw... I'm specifically looking for the update-new.zip listed in homeiss's guide (linked in the original post as well)

http://streakdroid.com/?page_id=15&category=1

there is 1.2.0 if that is what you are looking for.

Guest madd_dog

YOu dont specifically need to go to the exact update_new.1.2.zip.. All you need is get the clockworkmod recovery and follow the instructions to the T from 1.6.0 update.

i have done this twice now and it works

• 1 month later...
Guest sideshowbob01

Hi, im running official 2.2 on my stteak.. This was its stock version when bought a few weeks ago.. And I wamt to use a rebel sim for my talk mobile sim to work for this.. How can I do that? Shud I just follow the no basebans rom flash instructions or do I need to downgrade to 2.1? If so how? Thanks!

Guest jmhalder
Hi, im running official 2.2 on my stteak.. This was its stock version when bought a few weeks ago.. And I wamt to use a rebel sim for my talk mobile sim to work for this.. How can I do that? Shud I just follow the no basebans rom flash instructions or do I need to downgrade to 2.1? If so how? Thanks!

You should probably start by reading and NOT bumping threads that are outdated and a few months old. realistically you should look into getting your Streak unlocked, its apparently not too expensive, and will be more reliable.

• 2 months later...
Guest ash78

I have the stock.froyo 2.2 from att/dell and i'm having a problem with the auto rotate. Can anyone help? I saw the earlier post about erasing or changing that one line but when I browse I don't see that file. Do I specifically have to use one of the paid browsers to see that file or is it that my build doesn't have that specific file?

Guest flamingsamurai
I have the stock.froyo 2.2 from att/dell and i'm having a problem with the auto rotate. Can anyone help? I saw the earlier post about erasing or changing that one line but when I browse I don't see that file. Do I specifically have to use one of the paid browsers to see that file or is it that my build doesn't have that specific file?

Lol necro