DELL STREAK Froyo Build Beta - Version 1.2.0 Released

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest jamesturley28
I might have a few solutions to some of these...

1) I don't get the rotation sticking problem at all on my Streak, but I did try using the G-sensor calibration tool in EMList a while back. Perhaps that fixed it for me? Worth a try anyway...

2) I got true 720p recording working using the build.prop mod by fards - I agree, will be nice when camera.apk works properly as a whole.

You can fix problem 5 for now by installing Music Mod from the market (free) and making it default player. It adds extra features to the Froyo player as well as fixing the pause problem. :)

I too had the mms problem. but have no fixed it. I did a factory reset. then deleted both apns. I then rebooted the handset. then installed apn following the settings supplied from o2 website. then once saved reboot handset again wait for few hrs to kick in to action and mms should work.

Guest luckyauto

hi i have follow this 2.2 update from v1 beta to r1 , below is still got some bug or problem.

it may be hardware limitation or driver limitation ( steve did mention )

1. auto rotation ( g sensor ) , is lag , and slow reaction , some time , not even work

2. gps to locate take longer time , compare to the stock 1.6 version

3. video not support 720

for above problem ,

can i reinstall the updater1.zip , by deleting user and system data (in clockworth) ?

b4 installing the update.... is it help ?

"G-sensor calibration tool in EMList" -- someone did it ,

but i could not find the tool and EMlist , how to do it ? by step ?

anyone did give us some guide and opion

we still like this 2.2 rather than stock one...

Edited by luckyauto

Guest pompeyboyz

I am totally stuck.

Have got Clockwork Mod installed and have tried to install release 1 but it seems to have failed as I am only getting as far as the Dell Static screen and occasioanlly the animated Dell screen. I can feel the device vibrate a little but have now got a duff device. Any idea what I have done wrong and need to do?

Recovery to previous should be a problem as I amnot to noobish but wanting 2.2 so badly :P

You need to read the past few pages of this thread or use the search on the bottom left as this has been mentioned and fixed about 30 times now...

I am totally stuck.

Have got Clockwork Mod installed and have tried to install release 1 but it seems to have failed as I am only getting as far as the Dell Static screen and occasioanlly the animated Dell screen. I can feel the device vibrate a little but have now got a duff device. Any idea what I have done wrong and need to do?

Recovery to previous should be a problem as I amnot to noobish but wanting 2.2 so badly :P

Guest pompeyboyz
You need to read the past few pages of this thread or use the search on the bottom left as this has been mentioned and fixed about 30 times now...

It cannot be as simple as a factory reset from the first recovery screen can it???? :P

Guest strvmarv
It cannot be as simple as a factory reset from the first recovery screen can it???? :P

Yeppers, I had a similar problem, it was all sequence. Wondering if the challenges with flashing on the streak are unique?

What didn't work for me:

1. Install update.zip from cw-mod
  2. Factory reset from cw-mod
  3. Factory reset from dell recovery menu (1st screen) - after getting stuck on boot logo

What did work for me:

1. Factory reset from dell recovery menu (1st screen) - to fix previous attempt
  2. Install update.zip from cw-mod
  3. Factory reset from dell recovery menu (1st screen) - if streak doesn't boot within 5 minutes or so

I'm really not certain why you might use the cw-mod factory reset over the dell recovery menu's version. Anybody have any ideas of the differences, if any? It would be awesome if we could convince koush to update cw-mod for additional compatibility with the streak (button flashing - kernel?, certain versions of the mod not loading the menu - have to use alt, OTA ROM updates for the upcoming CM for streak, unable to use the SDCard Partitioning Feature - reboots, but even if you put it into cw-mod it doesn't do it's thing, etc).

Now that we have Froyo, has anyone ventured into moving a large quantity, if not all, of your apps to the SDCard? Not sure if there's really any perks other than retaining your apps after a reset/flash of your ROM. I've just moved over my core apps (Root Explorer, Rom Manager, Titanium Backup, etc).

- Paul

Guest Niner86

Thats me now running froyo, no hassle at all! Was stuck at the dell logo but a factory reset as described sorted that no problem.

Done an amazing job Steve and anyone else who has helped! Streak has never performed so well!

Guest Chaleman

Hi and thanks to all again...

Everything working here after I had the same problems as Niner86... Had to do everything all over again... The only problem so far I can detect is camera not recording at 720pp. Steve rules!

Other than that, the only other problem I have is that Root Explorer crashes as soon as I try to go into the "/system" folder. Every other folder it works OK. Of course, I'm rooted... I get this error with and w/o mountind as R/W.... I had to go into Terminal and modify build.prop to get lcd to 160... Any clues as why is Root Explorer crashing? Any other GUI alternative to Root Explorer?

Thanks!

Carlos

Guest jnovello

I skipped over v.3 so I don't know when the battery life changed. I was very happy with v.2. I could leave the phone on with out using airplane mode and only lose 5% battery. Now on v1.0 I'm going to bed with a full charge and it is off and dead in the morning going on 3 days in a row. I wish I still had that version zipped.

Guest strvmarv
I skipped over v.3 so I don't know when the battery life changed. I was very happy with v.2. I could leave the phone on with out using airplane mode and only lose 5% battery. Now on v1.0 I'm going to bed with a full charge and it is off and dead in the morning going on 3 days in a row. I wish I still had that version zipped.

My battery life on 2.2 is almost identical to 2.1. Wondering if battery life issues are related to the seemingly random wifi issue where it disables your AP if it fails to connect after so many attempts. Only had that "wakeup-dead" thing once over several weeks of use.

- Paul

Guest alert_bri

Hi Stephen, just a quick note to say that my replacement Dell Streak arrived and I've installed your version 1 first time... Needed to clear data and the cache and now running smoothly.

Will send you a donation this weekend... You have earned it my friend! Dell should be sending you a big tip too imho - you've started to unlock the potential of this beast!

Thanks again, to you and your fellow hackers for all you've given to the Dell Streak community.

Kind regards

Brian

Guest jnovello
My battery life on 2.2 is almost identical to 2.1. Wondering if battery life issues are related to the seemingly random wifi issue where it disables your AP if it fails to connect after so many attempts. Only had that "wakeup-dead" thing once over several weeks of use.

- Paul

It actually seems to catch my wifi network right away. Previous versions always said the network was available, but I always had to connect manually. I really don't know what's going on, but its nearly dead after a full charge in 2 hours and I've only gotten 5 texts and put it down. I guess I'll just wait for what's next.

Guest strvmarv
It actually seems to catch my wifi network right away. Previous versions always said the network was available, but I always had to connect manually. I really don't know what's going on, but its nearly dead after a full charge in 2 hours and I've only gotten 5 texts and put it down. I guess I'll just wait for what's next.

Did you do a full factory reset? Odd, what does the battery status in settings say is using the battery? Android system, wifi, or cell?

- Paul

Guest jnovello
Did you do a full factory reset? Odd, what does the battery status in settings say is using the battery? Android system, wifi, or cell?

- Paul

Yes I did factory reset before and after first boot. It says Cell standby is at 39% Phone Idle 27% Android.process.acore 13% Android system6%

Battery is @12% after full charge less than 3h20mins if very lite use. { no live wallpapers, no weather apps, no bluetooth, no wifi}

Edited by jnovello

Guest strvmarv
Yes I did factory reset before and after first boot. It says Cell standby is at 39% Phone Idle 27% Android.process.acore 13% Android system6%

Battery is @12% after full charge less than 3h20mins if very lite use. { no live wallpapers, no weather apps, no bluetooth, no wifi}

Ah, gotcha, wifi is off... If I'm not on wifi for the majority of the day I run into issues with the battery lasting all day as well, but I had the same issue with the O2 2.1 build. I didn't notice any difference between v.2, v.3, or v1, but I didn't try v.1. I'm confident that if there is a problem Steve will knock it out in due time. Looks like someone has already logged a bug in his spreadsheet about "Massive battery drain".

I haven't needed to try it yet, but you could turn off 3G and just use Edge. I've heard that helps with battery life, at the cost of speed of course.

Sorry, wish I could be more help with this one...

- Paul

Guest jnovello
Ah, gotcha, wifi is off... If I'm not on wifi for the majority of the day I run into issues with the battery lasting all day as well, but I had the same issue with the O2 2.1 build. I didn't notice any difference between v.2, v.3, or v1, but I didn't try v.1. I'm confident that if there is a problem Steve will knock it out in due time. Looks like someone has already logged a bug in his spreadsheet about "Massive battery drain".

I haven't needed to try it yet, but you could turn off 3G and just use Edge. I've heard that helps with battery life, at the cost of speed of course.

Sorry, wish I could be more help with this one...

- Paul

I think I'm going to flash back to v.2 until Steve has a chance to look at it. I can't only have a working device for 3 hrs at a time and no 3G would not be acceptable.

Guest Tim6772

First a massive thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread (and others) i've read it a 100 times over. Your support has been invaluable.

So far i've managed to :Upgrade to 2.2, Downgrade back to 2.1, Downgrade even lower to 1.6, upgrade back to 2.1 then 2.2, all in the space of an evening.

I love this 'learning' stuff. I am/was used to the iOS style of modifications, but this 'New' language is so much more, umm...readable :P

For those thinking about upgrading, all i'll say is Read the Guides, Read them Again, and when you think your confident, Read them ALL again. The knowledge you seek is written within this thread.

My Tips (yes, i AM new to this too)

Create a directory in C drive called streak

When copying or unzipping to C:\streak make sure the files you place in there are not in a subfolder just directly in C:\streak

CHANGE FASTBOOT-WINDOWS to just fastboot

and my biggest failing was forgetting to copy the recovery.img file to the same directory as fastboot

Finally re-read the guides again, especially the one by Homeiss

About me: 42, suffering Short Term Memory loss after a motorbike accident. Every day is '50 first dates' for me, and if i can do it, so can you. Dont be afraid to make notes, they help, hope this may help someone out there too.

Once again, a massive thanks to all

Guest Niner86

Read through the thread and done a search but can't se anything...

Is there a fix then for the 720p problem with the camcorder? Its been mentioned but not put up (That i can find anyway)

Cheers guys :P

Guest maskaler
Read through the thread and done a search but can't se anything...

Is there a fix then for the 720p problem with the camcorder? Its been mentioned but not put up (That i can find anyway)

Cheers guys :P

+1 - I hate nagging busy devs but I've posted the same question twice now hehe. Fards mentioned it's a build.prop change, could a copy be placed here / on StreakDroid?

Guest Warpedflash

To get this out of the way...

THE 720P CAMERA FIX IS UNSTABLE AND HAS BROKEN SOME USERS WIFI, WHEN IT IS READY IT WILL BE IN THE NEXT RELEASE

Please think... if Steve pushed out 3 updates in 4 days there is a reason the camera fix isnt out yet... If you want to help testing then you can ask fards but he dosent want 100 people moaning at him that xyz is now broken because of teh camera :P

So patience people there will be an update when the camera is sorted out and working properly

Edited by Warpedflash

Guest Niner86
To get this out of the way...

THE 720P CAMERA FIX IS UNSTABLE AND HAS BROKEN SOME USERS WIFI, WHEN IT IS READY IT WILL BE IN THE NEXT RELEASE

Please think if Steve pushed out 3 updates in 4 days there is a reason the camera fix isnt out yet... If you want to help testing then you can ask fards but he dosent want 100 people moaning at him that xyz is now broken because of teh camera :D

So patience people there will be an update when the camera is sorted out and working properly

:D :P