help

Guest rickywyatt

Guest Gjole86

if im not wrong its in boot.img filename is: initlogo.rle

the android logo should be : waiting.rle

fileformat is crazy, RLE is a Run Length Encoded Bitmap. there are few apps that can open / edit them.

Edited by Gjole86

Guest rickywyatt
if im not wrong its in boot.img filename is: initlogo.rle

the android logo should be : waiting.rle

fileformat is crazy, RLE is a Run Length Encoded Bitmap. there are few apps that can open / edit them.

how do i extract the boot.img in windows lol

Guest kallt_kaffe

You can actually unpack it in Windows... but putting the pieces together again is a bit more difficult...

Use a hexeditor, I use i.Hex.

Search for the second (the first is the kernel) occurance of 1f 8b 08 (gzip magic number).

Mark everything from (and including) the gzip magic number to the end but skip all the "00 00 00 00" in the end (it's padding).

Make sure the end is a 32-bit step, every line in i.Hex is 16 bytes so move 4-bytes at a time.

Choose "Save selection to file" and name it anything you want but end it with .gz, for example initrd.gz.

Open it with 7-zip and you should see one file, initrd (if that was the name you choosed). Double click initrd and you should see the contents of the ramdisk.

If you get an error here about data corruption, redo the Mark and save thing but add 4 bytes with 00 in the end until 7-zip stops complaining.

Edited by kallt_kaffe

Guest rickywyatt

C:\android\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell

adb server is out of date. killing...

* daemon started successfully *

# cat /proc/mtd

cat /proc/mtd

dev: size erasesize name

mtd0: 00500000 00020000 "boot"

mtd1: 00500000 00020000 "recovery"

mtd2: 00140000 00020000 "misc"

mtd3: 00060000 00020000 "splash" <----------whats this for?

mtd4: 0aa00000 00020000 "system"

mtd5: 04600000 00020000 "cache"

mtd6: 0d1a0000 00020000 "userdata"

#

Guest rickywyatt
You can actually unpack it in Windows... but putting the pieces together again is a bit more difficult...

Use a hexeditor, I use i.Hex.

Search for the second (the first is the kernel) occurance of 1f 8b 08 (gzip magic number).

Mark everything from (and including) the gzip magic number to the end but skip all the "00 00 00 00" in the end (it's padding).

Make sure the end is a 32-bit step, every line in i.Hex is 16 bytes so move 4-bytes at a time.

Choose "Save selection to file" and name it anything you want but end it with .gz, for example initrd.gz.

Open it with 7-zip and you should see one file, initrd (if that was the name you choosed). Double click initrd and you should see the contents of the ramdisk.

If you get an error here about data corruption, redo the Mark and save thing but add 4 bytes with 00 in the end until 7-zip stops complaining.

ok ive extracted it what do i do next?