CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest thisweb
We're far from the end. We still have a few bugs to fix in CM6. Then we can work on getting a CM kernel ported. Then theres CM 6.1 and then probably a. .35 kernel to port (hopefully these will be easy once we have CM 6 and .34 in the first place). Then theres some other random shizz that people want ported (like MIUI) and other ways to keep making the phone a little better for the next 2 or 3 years untill evryone moved on =)

Well miui would be excellen5 but as we haven't managed .32 kernel I doupt well get the others if only because most of devs have moved on but I admireyour optimism! :)

Guest Simon O
Flib any chance you'd have time to do a 0.20 zip version with OC/Swap kernel and 2.5.7.2 DT_A2SD please. I think this maybe the finale bar a few very minor bug fixes!!! ;)

Tom is going to make these himself soon. :)

Guest Simon O
Damn theres a lot of apps!

I've updated the old 2.2 Discussion thread (so it says CyanogenMod 6 really) All I need to do is update the bugs.

As much as I think it's a good idea (my thread) I don't think it's needed other than for the few new people having problems. It's quite clean here.

Yeah good idea, thank you. I only posted this as several people seem to think you have to install the full version of gapps which won't fit on the Pulse properly. So making a modified gapps that puts some on data helps everyone :)

And how to switch to frontal camera?

Maybe using Camera application from Android 2.1 helps?

I don't think the CM6 camera app supports the front camera since most android devices only have one cam. The 2.1 camera app doesn't work, but maybe there are more camera apps out there. Try the market maybe?

Guest Pq2son2

Hey! Thanks Tom G for this port!!

But I have some problems with the flashboot. I don't know what i'm doing bad.

All the time that I execute Flashboot (system,boot or userdata) has the same error "FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))". Have any one this problem too?

Thanks!

Pd. Windows 7 64bits is my OS.

Guest Simon O
I don't think the CM6 camera app supports the front camera since most android devices only have one cam. The 2.1 camera app doesn't work, but maybe there are more camera apps out there. Try the market maybe?

I don't know any app that can use the front camera. It's not standardised in Android so each implementation will be different. And the quality is only VGA.. not good enough for anything.

Guest Simon O
Hey! Thanks Tom G for this port!!

But I have some problems with the flashboot. I don't know what i'm doing bad.

All the time that I execute Flashboot (system,boot or userdata) has the same error "FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))". Have any one this problem too?

Thanks!

Pd. Windows 7 64bits is my OS.

Might be incorrect commands. Try it like:

fastboot-windows flash boot boot.img

fastboot-windows flash system system.img

fastboot-windows flash userdata userdata.img

fastboot-windows reboot

I've seen the error you gave when you miss out the partition name from the command.

Guest Pq2son2
Might be incorrect commands. Try it like:

fastboot-windows flash boot boot.img

fastboot-windows flash system system.img

fastboot-windows flash userdata userdata.img

fastboot-windows reboot

I've seen the error you gave when you miss out the partition name from the command.

LoL you're incredible!! you answer me with less than one minute! xD

I write correctly the command, I paste all the command and return that I can read:

C:\SDK\android-sdk-windows\tools>fastboot-windows.exe flash boot boot.img

sending 'boot' (2436 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))

Thanks for your answer!

I might add swap later, but I'm not sure about overclocking. It will depend on how easily it can be turned on/off.

I won't be adding a2sd. If I can fix the android apps on sd then a2sd shouldn't be required (CM6 lets you run everything off sd using the built-in android function).

Guest thisweb
I don't know any app that can use the front camera. It's not standardised in Android so each implementation will be different. And the quality is only VGA.. not good enough for anything.

Apple have a big advertising campaign at the moment - for their front camera feature - 'facetime' i think its called. People say its useless but I think it is a nice feature, even at VGA, it'd be good for talking to my young kids when I am away on work trips. (I can see a lot of similar people wanting this). I don't understand why there isn't any app for this yet, android might also be loosing people to apple because of this. Fring is a good app that has potential for this feature, except it doesn't use front camera. Like fib, I can't find any other app that uses front camera. Hmmm - wish I could code.

Guest flip360

CM6.1 Rocks.

Tom G i dont think that there is a way for anyone of us to say thanks. You ROCK also :)

Also, flibble good to see you are still here ;)

I noticed that apart from not containing CMStats there is also no filemanager? Maybe thats how CM6.1 is?

Also there is no more artifacts on the drop down menu.

cheers

Edited by flip360

Guest Simon O
LoL you're incredible!! you answer me with less than one minute! xD

I write correctly the command, I paste all the command and return that I can read:

C:\SDK\android-sdk-windows\tools>fastboot-windows.exe flash boot boot.img

sending 'boot' (2436 KB)... FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))

Thanks for your answer!

And you have your phone in fastboot mode with the blue screen? Check that the drivers are installed correctly.

Guest Simon O
I won't be adding a2sd. If I can fix the android apps on sd then a2sd shouldn't be required (CM6 lets you run everything off sd using the built-in android function).

Yeh and it's easy to flash Darktremor A2SD anyway if people want the old style a2sd.

Guest thisweb
I might add swap later, but I'm not sure about overclocking. It will depend on how easily it can be turned on/off.

Really... so cyanogen doesn't just allow official 'supported' froyo apps onto SD but any app!.. Thats very cool.

Overclock in flibs kernal can be turned off or varied with OverclockWidget in market (its totally free, unlike SetCPU). You could allow default to be no overclock @528Mhz if your worried about breaking the phone. Seriously, its a massive improvement on linpack and I've not experienced any issues. Swap kernal definitely a must for most of us I am sure.

Guest thisweb

"Damn. So I have a choice;

Wifi

Or

OC and SWAP

Dammit. Can someone make me a working kernel with OC, SWAP and working Wifi?"

This is a tough choice. I see very little advantage in froyo over FLB1.7 without swap and OC. Perhaps just a patch on the kernal rather than a new zip

Guest Pq2son2
And you have your phone in fastboot mode with the blue screen? Check that the drivers are installed correctly.

Yes, I reboot my phone in "fastboot mode" (blue screen, "red button" + "vol down"). I reinstaled the drivers (drivers for Windows 7 64bits, http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...rs-7-vista-xp/) , because the computer only tells me about unknowed device called "Android 1.0". Now the computer discover the device as "ADB Interface" - "Android Sooner Single ADB Interface", and when I execute the command "fastboot-windows.exe devices" it returns "? devices"....

What am I doing wrong?

Guest thisweb
Yes, I reboot my phone in "fastboot mode" (blue screen, "red button" + "vol down"). I reinstaled the drivers (drivers for Windows 7 64bits, http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...rs-7-vista-xp/) , because the computer only tells me about unknowed device called "Android 1.0". Now the computer discover the device as "ADB Interface" - "Android Sooner Single ADB Interface", and when I execute the command "fastboot-windows.exe devices" it returns "? devices"....

What am I doing wrong?

Your using microsoft windows. :)

Probably something to do with admin permissions, I ahd this in linux, your driver is definately working it seems, need to use Superuser in linux when this happens. In windows try open CMD in admin mode first (right click it in start menu)

another camera bug?

if you look at a picture taken from camera; then return to camera, the phone stays on camera app can't exit it. all camera settings buttons don't appear

Guest totiadrenalin

SetCpu.apk

easier then ever.