CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Yeah TomG fixed wifi in the latest build, it wasn't working in previous CM6 builds, but for some reason it still isn't working for me...

Wifi always worked. The only fix in this version is that it now returns correct link information.

Either you're using the wrong boot image (with old boot image wpa_supplicant will die because it tries to use the wrong wpa driver), or you haven't formatted the data partition since using the aosp based roms.

CM6 uses a codeaurora based wpa_supplicant with a aosp based framework, meaning the ctrl_interface directory doesn't match. To fix that I symlink the aosp directory to the codeaurora one, but if you go from using the old aosp based roms you must delete /data/system/wpa_supplicant (flashing userdata.img effectively does this) so that the symlink can be created.

grep wpa_supplicant /init.qcom.rc
The service line should have an argument -Dawext if the boot image is correct. If it is -Dwext you are using the old image.
ls -l /data/system/wpa_supplicant

should show a symlink to /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant (i think thats right).

It looks like it works sometimes. It work fine for me once but now won't work.

PS. FileManger and CMstats should still be there. They are still in the repo manifest but for some reason won't download. There are no errors, it just doesn't pull them from git.

gps does not seem to work for me either

edit

actually does work just takes some time to switch on and off; also gps icon stays on after switching off.

edit 2: hmm gps function intemittently/randomly

Edited by peelie

Guest DanWilson
Huawei butchered the kernel, so its hard to do anything with it (but would probably help if I knew what I was doing).

Wow. Huge reply. :)

Well, if you don't know what you're doing, couldn't ask someone else who does know what their doing? Like one of the recognized Cyanogen devs. We'd just need to give them a Pulse. And ask nicely / threaten the crap out them. Whichever is easiest.

Guest Gigahurtz

CM6.1-RCO-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip wont install with amonra 1.5.2 or clockwork 2.5.0.4? says "No signature (3 files)" and "verification failed".

Help please.

Also any one who has advice on how to get CyanogenMod 6 running at its best (current state/features) would be appreciated

Thx

Edited by Gigahurtz

CM6.1-RCO-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip wont install with amonra 1.5.2 or clockwork 2.5.0.4? says "No signature (3 files)" and "verifivation failed".

Help please.

Also any one who has advice on how to get CyanogenMod 6 running at its best (current state/features) would be appreciated

Thx

you need fastboot to install CM beta

Guest naniteboy

OK - after another SD full reformatting and installation from scratch in correct order (or I though so) I have only 2 or 3 apps from gapps-pulse-20100930-signed.zip (which flib was so nice to put up in one post).

When I try to flash it, the progress bar behind text in recovery goes to about 10-15% and then it stops and says it's done :)

Any ideas?

Maybe this will help ... I'm not so used to read it :)

Filesystem				Size	  Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs					52.4M	 12.0K	 52.4M   0% /dev

devpts					   0		 0		 0   0% /dev/pts

proc						 0		 0		 0   0% /proc

sysfs						0		 0		 0   0% /sys

tmpfs					52.4M		 0	 52.4M   0% /mnt/asec

/dev/block/mtdblock1	110.0M	 99.0M	 11.0M  90% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock2	 80.3M	 40.1M	 40.1M  50% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock3	 20.0M	  1.1M	 18.9M   6% /cache

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2	228.8M	 12.9M	203.7M   6% /sd-ext

/dev/block/vold/179:1	  1.6G	104.5M	  1.5G   6% /mnt/sdcard

/dev/block/vold/179:1	1.6G	104.5M	  1.5G   6% /mnt/secure/asec

tmpfs						0		 0		 0   0% /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure

Guest DanWilson
OK - after another SD full reformatting and installation from scratch in correct order (or I though so) I have only 2 or 3 apps from gapps-pulse-20100930-signed.zip (which flib was so nice to put up in one post).

When I try to flash it, the progress bar behind text in recovery goes to about 10-15% and then it stops and says it's done :)

Any ideas?

Maybe this will help ... I'm not so used to read it :)

Filesystem				Size	  Used Available Use% Mounted on

tmpfs					52.4M	 12.0K	 52.4M   0% /dev

devpts					   0		 0		 0   0% /dev/pts

proc						 0		 0		 0   0% /proc

sysfs						0		 0		 0   0% /sys

tmpfs					52.4M		 0	 52.4M   0% /mnt/asec

/dev/block/mtdblock1	110.0M	 99.0M	 11.0M  90% /system

/dev/block/mtdblock2	 80.3M	 40.1M	 40.1M  50% /data

/dev/block/mtdblock3	 20.0M	  1.1M	 18.9M   6% /cache

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2	228.8M	 12.9M	203.7M   6% /sd-ext

/dev/block/vold/179:1	  1.6G	104.5M	  1.5G   6% /mnt/sdcard

/dev/block/vold/179:1	1.6G	104.5M	  1.5G   6% /mnt/secure/asec

tmpfs						0		 0		 0   0% /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure

Have you used the UK 2.1 update?

I say use the Hungarian or Tre update. Or your own one for your phone.

Guest naniteboy
Have you used the UK 2.1 update?

I say use the Hungarian or Tre update. Or your own one for your phone.

Yes ... a loooooong time ago I used HU 2.1 update and had almost every FLB version after that installed.

This is why I don't get what's going on now.

I'll try to install full gapps package next, and then tiny ... one will succeed ...

EDIT: No, full and tiny gapps packages also quite before they are done installing - but without any sort of error.

They just stop. Hm...anyone said reinstall?! :)

Edited by naniteboy

Guest starkos

This is some excellent work Tom G, well done! Have a couple of small issues & wondered if others had them too?

1) The home button to access recent applications doesn't seem to be working - it is activated under the CyanogenMod settings?

2) Assisted GPS appears to be missing? Others have mentioned this, someone said that it is the 'use wireless networks' option but I'm pretty sure it's not as that option has always been in roms as well as A-GPS.

Also has anyone tried using the SetCpu app whether on stock or oc kernel? It crashes for me as soon as I try to change anything such as the clock speed or the scaling governor from performance to ondemand?

Guest TehOsiris
Also has anyone tried using the SetCpu app whether on stock or oc kernel? It crashes for me as soon as I try to change anything such as the clock speed or the scaling governor from performance to ondemand?

with the oc boot.img im defaulted to 691,SetCpu doesn't crash either

Guest starkos
with the oc boot.img im defaulted to 691,SetCpu doesn't crash either

Ah, I made a custom rom with it installed as default. Just re-installed it and it works fine now, silly me :) ! Thanks for your reply...

Guest DanWilson
This is some excellent work Tom G, well done! Have a couple of small issues & wondered if others had them too?

1) The home button to access recent applications doesn't seem to be working - it is activated under the CyanogenMod settings?

2) Assisted GPS appears to be missing? Others have mentioned this, someone said that it is the 'use wireless networks' option but I'm pretty sure it's not as that option has always been in roms as well as A-GPS.

We don't have a home button. You'll need to install the keylayout from the last post (or so) of Epic Emodudes thread.

Guest Roman Kapl

I had a similar problem, because I started of from UK update which apparently has small partitions. I've installed hungarian update and now I have all gapps.

But the line /dev/block/mtdblock1 110.0M 99.0M 11.0M 90% /system says you have enought free space. which is weird.

Guest naniteboy
I had a similar problem, because I started of from UK update which apparently has small partitions. I've installed hungarian update and now I have all gapps.

But the line /dev/block/mtdblock1 110.0M 99.0M 11.0M 90% /system says you have enought free space. which is weird.

Exactly - I was already thinking that I'm reading the df output wrong :/ It's enough space on system and on data (according to sizes that flib wrote and I checked inside the ZIP also). Installation should work normally.

Interesting enough - when I only installed (first time) only CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip without boot_flb_0_20.zip + dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip - gapps installed fully and everything was here. But then I wanted OC/swap kernel and A2SD and here we go ... when you want too much :)

Don't know what to do now since I already reinstalled everything about 4 times today ... a bit stressed now to do it again ... and if I do it all over again in the same order, I'll very likely end up with the same result.

Guest TehOsiris

i am unable to get mms to work, (same thing with flb's 2.2 mod), everything works on 2.1 stock, copied apn settings from there, 3g browsing works fine, mms's never send ('sending....' frozen forever :S)

imo it's 2.2 related

telenor hungary

Guest totiadrenalin
Exactly - I was already thinking that I'm reading the df output wrong :/ It's enough space on system and on data (according to sizes that flib wrote and I checked inside the ZIP also). Installation should work normally.

Interesting enough - when I only installed (first time) only CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip without boot_flb_0_20.zip + dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip - gapps installed fully and everything was here. But then I wanted OC/swap kernel and A2SD and here we go ... when you want too much :)

Don't know what to do now since I already reinstalled everything about 4 times today ... a bit stressed now to do it again ... and if I do it all over again in the same order, I'll very likely end up with the same result.

Flash in this order CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip, boot_flb_0_20.zip, dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip and after that gapps.

That way you will have enough space on system to install everything.

Or you can do it other way!

After installing the dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip via fastboot, reboot into recovery.

Then flash boot_flb_0_20.zip (if you want the oc and swap of course?).

After that via adb type this command lines

EDIT:

adb shell mount /system/

adb shell mount /data/

adb shell

cp /system/app/RomManager.apk /data/app/RomManager.apk

rm /system/app/RomManager.apk

And then you can install dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip and the gapps with no problem.

Also

The GPS works just fine for me.

Except the reboot after turn off/on the gps.

But in the compass application I see that the phone can see the satellites.

10/10 or 11/11

And the app really works just fine.

Even the GPS speedometer app works just fine.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Roman Kapl

Just a one thing I found and somebody might find useful.

DO NOT restore wifi AP's with Titanium backup, because it messes with your wpa_supplicant configuration. If you did, just edit the /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf and change the ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/misc/wpa_supplicant to ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.. That does not work, copy the contents of the old one from backup (/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf) but leave the old permissions.

Edited by Roman Kapl

Guest totiadrenalin

About the camera issue.

I think that after we take one shout!

something is taking busy the camera device.

so after closing the app it release it.

but if we don't close the app and take another shout, then while the cam device is still busy any cam application report error.

I'll try to provide logcat now and see what's going on with the camera after taking multishout.

Guest totiadrenalin
About the camera issue.

I think that after we take one shut!

something is taking busy the camera device.

so after closing the app it release it.

but if we don't close the app and take another shut, then while the cam device is still busy any cam application report error.

I'll try to provide logcat now and see what's going on with the camera after taking multishout.

Confirmed!

Here is the Logcat with taking one shut. and then clossing the app.

and second is with taking multishout.

EDIT:

And why on earth I can't hear the shutting sound in any cam application.

There are some cam applications which set there's own shuting sound, but no.

I still can't hear the sound.

And even the regular focusing before taking the picture isn't present here.

cam_single_shout.txt

cam_Multishout_error.txt

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest starkos
We don't have a home button. You'll need to install the keylayout from the last post (or so) of Epic Emodudes thread.

I thought holding the back button was supposed to be our home button, hence the picture of the house lol? I seem to remember from before that the keylayout is different to 2.1, so can it be done?

Guest totiadrenalin
You are probably right. I think compcache needs swap support. It should work with a kernel with swap support.

And also to be enabled in the kernel.

Not only the swap, but the compcache two.

EDIT:

Because when I try the command:

cat /proc/ramzswap

it return:

/proc/ramzswap: No such file or directory

So there ins't any chance to enable compcache in this kernel by the os.

It need to be enabled in the .config and compiled.

Here is one script that also is able to enable the compcache, but I thing so that it need some reediting.

copy it on your sdcard.

then from the terminal:

su

cp /sdcard/userinit.sh /system/sd/userinit.sh

chmod 755 /system/sd/userinit.sh

cp /sdcard/user.conf /system/sd/user.conf

chmod 755 /system/sd/user.conf

sh /system/sd/userinit.sh -s

reboot

Userinit.rar

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

You will need to edit the user.conf file before applying sh /system/sd/userinit.sh -s

Also you can try to reedit the userinit.sh file.

With this script you can configure your:

apps2sd, cache2sd, swap - partition, swap - swap file, swappiness, compcache, cpu freq, cpu scaling_governor,

cpuinfo_max_speed

scaling_max_speed and etc.