CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest maxter.by

i have a strange problem, I can't change volume of played music when the screen off. When I see lockscreen, all ok, but when the screen is off nothing changed when I pressed volume buttons (

Guest totiadrenalin
i have a strange problem, I can't change volume of played music when the screen off. When I see lockscreen, all ok, but when the screen is off nothing changed when I pressed volume buttons (

Same problem with all devices runing on froyo.

:)

And also to be enabled in the kernel.

Not only the swap, but the compcache two.

EDIT:

Because when I try the command:

cat /proc/ramzswap

it return:

/proc/ramzswap: No such file or directory

So there ins't any chance to enable compcache in this kernel by the os.

It need to be enabled in the .config and compiled.

Here is one script that also is able to enable the compcache, but I thing so that it need some reediting.

copy it on your sdcard.

then from the terminal:

su

cp /sdcard/userinit.sh /system/sd/userinit.sh

chmod 755 /system/sd/userinit.sh

cp /sdcard/user.conf /system/sd/user.conf

chmod 755 /system/sd/user.conf

sh /system/sd/userinit.sh -s

reboot

getting 'unable to find compcache modules' error?

Guest TehOsiris

Another bug: no backlight on buttons, odd, they flash once when i press any in scree turned off mode, then they stay dark..

managed to reproduce the gps icon bug, after using navigation for a while (igo) thy icon gets stuck on the notification bar, no matter what i do (turning gps on and off) altho it seems just a cosmetic bug, they battery is not getting drained..

Guest maxter.by
Same problem with all devices runing on froyo.

:)

omg, no fix? This is very uncomfortably (

managed to reproduce the gps icon bug, after using navigation for a while (igo) thy icon gets stuck on the notification bar, no matter what i do (turning gps on and off) altho it seems just a cosmetic bug, they battery is not getting drained..

same bug.

Edited by maxter.by

Guest naniteboy
Flash in this order CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip, boot_flb_0_20.zip, dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip and after that gapps.

That way you will have enough space on system to install everything.

Or you can do it other way!

After installing the dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip via fastboot, reboot into recovery.

Then flash boot_flb_0_20.zip (if you want the oc and swap of course?).

I tried this combinations now ...

CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip --> boot_flb_0_20.zip --> dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip --> gapps (first try)

CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip --> boot_flb_0_20.zip --> gapps --> dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip (last try)

CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip --> gapps --> boot_flb_0_20.zip --> dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip

CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip --> gapps --> dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip --> boot_flb_0_20.zip

... and on neither one was gapps able to install properly - it did go a bit further, to about 40-50% but then stopped again!

But now after a reboot I see that I have all the mentioned apps in data/app folder and all the mentioned apps in system/app folder

and icons are shown so installation seems to be really done - maybe all this did the trick and apps are really installed but progress

bar messes about and stops at 50% instead of 100% :)

I'll report back if any issues arise even now ...

Now when I think about it - I didn't really do anything differently now - except rebooting between dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip --> gapps :)

Still - thank for helping out - if nothing else, to forcing me into 5th reinstall today :)

Guest whackster
Wifi always worked. The only fix in this version is that it now returns correct link information.

Either you're using the wrong boot image (with old boot image wpa_supplicant will die because it tries to use the wrong wpa driver), or you haven't formatted the data partition since using the aosp based roms.

CM6 uses a codeaurora based wpa_supplicant with a aosp based framework, meaning the ctrl_interface directory doesn't match. To fix that I symlink the aosp directory to the codeaurora one, but if you go from using the old aosp based roms you must delete /data/system/wpa_supplicant (flashing userdata.img effectively does this) so that the symlink can be created.

grep wpa_supplicant /init.qcom.rc
The service line should have an argument -Dawext if the boot image is correct. If it is -Dwext you are using the old image.
ls -l /data/system/wpa_supplicant
should show a symlink to /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant (i think thats right).
Well I unpacked your .img files and made a flashable zip update, and flashed that through CMR. Don't know what the problem is I made sure I wiped everything, although I just checked the script and there's no format DATA command , fixing that now. Everything else seems to work, fixed touchpal, but I'm missing some basic linking, (I think busybox) for commands like rm, ls, they are there, linked to /system/xbin/ but I can't call them from anywhere, need to input the whole path to the command... Still learning here, any help is appreciated if it was win environment it would have been a different story :) -------------------------------- flashed images through fastboot, now everything works.... back to the drawing board! :)
grep wpa_supplicant /init.qcom.rc

mkdir /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant

chown wifi wifi /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant

chmod 770 /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant

symlink /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant /data/system/wpa_supplicant

service wpa_supplicant /system/bin/wpa_supplicant -Dawext -ieth0 -W -c/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf
sh-3.2# /system/xbin/ls -l /data/system/wpa_supplicant

/system/xbin/ls -l /data/system/wpa_supplicant

lrwxrwxrwx	1 0		0			  30 Oct 11 10:35 /data/system/wpa_supplicant -> /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant

The permissions seem correct, bit it still won't connect? I'll re-flash and report back...

Edited by whackster

Guest thisweb
Just a one thing I found and somebody might find useful.

DO NOT restore wifi AP's with Titanium backup, because it messes with your wpa_supplicant configuration. If you did, just edit the /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf and change the ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/misc/wpa_supplicant to ctrl_interface=DIR=/data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.. That does not work, copy the contents of the old one from backup (/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf) but leave the old permissions.

Yeh I noticed this, its the same with all froyo releases but only if you backed up wifi from 2.1 release. Froyo to froyo is fine.

Guest thisweb
I tried this combinations now ...

CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip --> boot_flb_0_20.zip --> dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip --> gapps (first try)

CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip --> boot_flb_0_20.zip --> gapps --> dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip (last try)

CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip --> gapps --> boot_flb_0_20.zip --> dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip

CM6.1-RC0-Pulse-beta-0.20.zip --> gapps --> dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip --> boot_flb_0_20.zip

... and on neither one was gapps able to install properly - it did go a bit further, to about 40-50% but then stopped again!

But now after a reboot I see that I have all the mentioned apps in data/app folder and all the mentioned apps in system/app folder

and icons are shown so installation seems to be really done - maybe all this did the trick and apps are really installed but progress

bar messes about and stops at 50% instead of 100% :)

I'll report back if any issues arise even now ...

Now when I think about it - I didn't really do anything differently now - except rebooting between dtapps2sd-2.7.5.2-signed.zip --> gapps :)

Still - thank for helping out - if nothing else, to forcing me into 5th reinstall today :)

You must boot phone once before installing gapps or it will fail. So after flashing images, flashing a2SD etc boot phone then reboot to recovery again, then install gapps. This will work I am sure but if it doesn't check your gapps file isn't corrupted too.

Guest thisweb
anybody else notice really poor battery life with CM?

I would say 50% compared to FLBalpha3...

Not noticed at all, I have overclock and swap too. I haven't used it much but I am at 90% and unplugged it at 8am this morning. Its now 7.25pm. Thats seems pretty good I think? Will keep an eye on it tonight when start fiddling around and report back...

Guest thisweb

TomG, I think it was you that mentioned the MUIU. Is this open source and can it be put on any android version fairly easily or does it require a lot of work, rewrite of kernels etc? Froyo specific perhaps?

I think this is the smoothest ROM yet - awesome work :).

Only problems I've had are slightly intermittent t-mobile coverage (probably poor network related), and no 3G (probably config related.)

Guest thisweb
And also to be enabled in the kernel.

Not only the swap, but the compcache two.

EDIT:

Because when I try the command:

cat /proc/ramzswap

it return:

/proc/ramzswap: No such file or directory

So there ins't any chance to enable compcache in this kernel by the os.

It need to be enabled in the .config and compiled.

Here is one script that also is able to enable the compcache, but I thing so that it need some reediting.

copy it on your sdcard.

then from the terminal:

su

cp /sdcard/userinit.sh /system/sd/userinit.sh

chmod 755 /system/sd/userinit.sh

cp /sdcard/user.conf /system/sd/user.conf

chmod 755 /system/sd/user.conf

sh /system/sd/userinit.sh -s

reboot

How much extra ram do we get from compcache on average? WOuld it be better to use this than jit, I know both are processor intensive, but with overclock we could take the hit if it gives us a lot more 'real' ram, which is more useful than processor speed, esp for browsing..

Guest naniteboy
You must boot phone once before installing gapps or it will fail. So after flashing images, flashing a2SD etc boot phone then reboot to recovery again, then install gapps. This will work I am sure but if it doesn't check your gapps file isn't corrupted too.

Well this is exactly what I did the first time around on CM6 and gapps failed ... this time I flashed all images, booted once, got to recovery, flashed gapps and then, without reboot, flashed small flib's zip with a2sd and stuff. Everything seems to work correctly! Obviously we all have a bit different experience with this one :)

EDIT: apps from gapps package work, WiFi works, GPS works (found my location in few seconds, faster than any 2.1 ROM, although Maps can not sign in into my google acc - don't know why but I'm guessing it's not connected to my gapps install problems :)), Bluetooth doesn't work at all for me (neither is important currently), and all else seems fine ... a2sd works, cpu is overclocked, no jit (don't need to crunch numbers faster when I don't feel it in real usage :)), swap works ... all in all - very satisfied for now! Hopefully I won't have any more bad mornings with completely rebooted and erased phone :D We'll see... Great work until now guys - but honestly, I never doubted in tomg, flib and the rest of the currently engaged crew! Even battery seems to behave normally - but this is for a longer test, not for a hour or so off the juice.

Edited by naniteboy

Guest thisweb
Well this is exactly what I did the first time around on CM6 and gapps failed ... this time I flashed all images, booted once, got to recovery, flashed gapps and then, without reboot, flashed small flib's zip with a2sd and stuff. Everything seems to work correctly! Obviously we all have a bit different experience with this one :)

EDIT: apps from gapps package work, WiFi works, GPS works (found my location in few seconds, faster than any 2.1 ROM, although Maps can not sign in into my google acc - don't know why but I'm guessing it's not connected to my gapps install problems :)), Bluetooth doesn't work at all for me (neither is important currently), and all else seems fine ... a2sd works, cpu is overclocked, no jit (don't need to crunch numbers faster when I don't feel it in real usage :)), swap works ... all in all - very satisfied for now! Hopefully I won't have any more bad mornings with completely rebooted and erased phone :D We'll see... Great work until now guys - but honestly, I never doubted in tomg, flib and the rest of the currently engaged crew! Even battery seems to behave normally - but this is for a longer test, not for a hour or so off the juice.

Well I'm glad its working for you. Bluetooth would be nice but can live without it too, other bugs aren't too much of an issue for me, mostly minor and workable. What I really really want is MIUI, something brand new to play with, it looks great!

Guest MarcusHenrique

What must I do to get OC working?

I've flashed flibbs boot, but SetCPU still returns 528mhz as maximum core speed.

Linpack: 3.78mflops =/

Thanks in advance

Guest totiadrenalin
How much extra ram do we get from compcache on average? WOuld it be better to use this than jit, I know both are processor intensive, but with overclock we could take the hit if it gives us a lot more 'real' ram, which is more useful than processor speed, esp for browsing..

Well?

If we use only compcache and jit with OC CPU, it'll resold first with bigger power consuming by the CPU.

So less battery live.

Swap is even more increase the power consumation by the CPU.

But if we use compcache with swap?

Well with the CPU overclocked,

To compress and cache the unused apps and process which stays in ram, the OS will need slide bigger power by the CPU, but the rest of the ram will be used more rationally by the os.

So increase of the phone reactions.

The swap is reacting part like a virtual memory in windos (to cache the index paged files), but I find out that the OS is using it like a ram whet the internal ram is overloaded.

So once again it'll result with increasing of the phone reaction and speed.

Jit will only increase the speed, but it depends.

First this is just in time compiler.

Well?

Read this,

and also watch this.Android JIT Complier GOOGLE I/O

android_jit_compiler_androids_dalvik_vm.pdf

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

If somebody is interested in enabling the compcache in the kernel here is all he need.

Compcahe - code.google.com

this line in the .config file need to be corrected from

CONFIG_RAMZSWAP is not set

to this

CONFIG_RAMZSWAP=y

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest MarcusHenrique
If somebody is interested in enabling the compcache in the kernel here is all he need.

Compcahe - code.google.com

this line in the .config file need to be corrected from

CONFIG_RAMZSWAP is not set

to this

CONFIG_RAMZSWAP=y

I'm at windows right now, can you add this config to flibbs oc kernel and make the boot image for us please?

Thanks! =)

Guest MarcusHenrique
What must I do to get OC working?

I've flashed flibbs boot, but SetCPU still returns 528mhz as maximum core speed.

Linpack: 3.78mflops =/

Thanks in advance

When I deny root permissions to SetCPU I can see that it's set to 691mhz max, and 122 min, but when I grant permissions again and move the bars, the higher I can set is 528mhz.

Thoughts?

Guest totiadrenalin
I'm at windows right now, can you add this config to flibbs oc kernel and make the boot image for us please?

Thanks! =)

I will give it a try.

But sorry now I don't have time enough.

Because I'm just about taking a shower and going to bed right now.

Because tomorrow morning ant 6:30 I need to go to work.

I'll do it tomorrow but I can't promise the time.

If somebody make it until then it'll be great.

But as I can see there's quite much patches that has been done in the cyanogen mod .29, .32 and .34 kernels.

Not only the compcache. but a lot of more other patches.

We gonna need a lot of hard work to do this on our pulse.

See it your self.

cyanogen mod 2.6.34 kernel

Edited by totiadrenalin