CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest thisweb
Yes, it shows the normal speed, but when it shows 528 MHz, it runs at 710.

Nice. Is 710 stable enough/ issues with reboots? Flib was using 690 I think and he did something so you could change the frequencies in android - would you know how to do that?

Guest gusthy
Nice. Is 710 stable enough/ issues with reboots? Flib was using 690 I think and he did something so you could change the frequencies in android - would you know how to do that?

It is stable for me, I use this kernel for weeks without problem.

Flb was a bit more careful than me.

Yes, I could do the same as Flb, but I have a busy evening, so I will simply repack Flb's kernel to CM6

Guest Simon O
Yes, it shows the normal speed, but when it shows 528 MHz, it runs at 710.

Oh, you're using the kernel that doesn't actually overclock properly.

Guest gusthy
is it the same kernel as CM6 is using? do we loose some of the functionalities (if built in)?

This CM6 port runs on normal Pulse 2.6.29 kernel, Tom didn' t port the kernel, so using this kernel doesn't affect functionality except for swap and overclock.

Guest Simon O
is it the same kernel as CM6 is using? do we loose some of the functionalities (if built in)?

Nah it's the Pulse kernel for the moment. CM6 normally uses a .34 kernel which we currently aren't able to build. But soon :)

Guest gusthy
so i can repack the boot.img with the flib`s OC and Swap one? :)

Yes, if you do it and post it here, you save me 5 minutes of work, which is a valuable time for me now, since I am alone here at home with my 3 kids ;)

Guest Simon O
Yes, if you do it and post it here, you save me 5 minutes of work, which is a valuable time for me now, since I am alone here at home with my 3 kids :)

I tried doing it myself but the tool I use seems to be using the wrong value for the kernel.... unless the CM6 ROM is using a different value?

Guest gusthy
Oh, you're using the kernel that doesn't actually overclock properly.

No, I use a kernel that overclocks absolutely properly as the linpack and other scores show it. Just when I built this kernel, I didn't care to change the speed label from 528000 to 710000, and I didn't need many speeds too. Therefore I only changed the original kernel by adding 710 MHz and swap. ( 710 MHz is achieved the same way as 690, even 730 was stable for me - as you can see in Linpack's score table -, but for safety I only overclocked to 710).

Guest gusthy
cant we just flash the flb v2 swp oc zip? :) tried to repack it but it failed to boot. :\

No, ramdisk.cpio is different.

Okay, wait some minutes, I will do that.

Guest gusthy

thanks gusthy, say hello to the kids from me! :)

Nah, they are sleeping.

You guys now can choose between pure 710 and modifiable 0-690 ;):)

Edited by gusthy

Guest gusthy
I tried doing it myself but the tool I use seems to be using the wrong value for the kernel.... unless the CM6 ROM is using a different value?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

All I did was

unpack-bootimg.pl boot.img

mkbootimg --cmdline "mem=128M console=ttyMSM2,115200n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0 androidboot.console=ttyUSBCONSOLE0" --kernel /home/attila/pulse21source/kernel/arch/arm/boot/zImage --ramdisk ./boot.img-ramdisk.cpio.gz -o ./boot-flb.img

after copying your boot.img to an empty directory.

Guest thisweb
Nah, they are sleeping.

You guys now can choose between pure 710 and modifiable 0-690 :):)

Thank you very much!!! This is great news - i'm gonna play now!

Guest peelie

gone back to tomg's original boot image;

the 710oc image was unstable

and the flb_image wifi could not connect and unstable

but thanks anyway gusthy!

Guest stealthstealer
tried selecting appropraite APN in mobile network settings? i.e. make sure the radio button is checked?

think so... it just has no data symbol next to the signal