CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

We can all agree that the CM6 is the ultimate version for pulse and it works really fast & nice.

BUT - v0.30 has some bugs that should be sorted and it would be great if it would be official CM port.

So - firstly we NEED Tom's source, how to get it? Nobody has heard from him?

Guest rulerofkaos
Also the same questions are repeated all of the time.

Me and 1000's like me has answered this questions for billions of times.

I'm so disappointed from this thread.

The problem is, that this thread is about 80 pages at the moment, so nobody can read the complete thread to find his answers and the search function gives you just the thread. So maybe it would be good to collect the problems and solutions in an FAQ thread to avoid such questions in a developement thread.

Guest spanner44
The problem is, that this thread is about 80 pages at the moment, so nobody can read the complete thread to find his answers and the search function gives you just the thread. So maybe it would be good to collect the problems and solutions in an FAQ thread to avoid such questions in a developement thread.

+1

It would be nice and useful for especially the newcomers if there were a thread for FAQ and also a Thread for useful or necessary tweaks, as whenever I use the search Function, I find it next to useless and it can take hour to go through such a long thread, especially as some of it is related to 0.20 rom and some to 0.30 rom.

Guest totiadrenalin
+1

It would be nice and useful for especially the newcomers if there were a thread for FAQ and also a Thread for useful or necessary tweaks, as whenever I use the search Function, I find it next to useless and it can take hour to go through such a long thread, especially as some of it is related to 0.20 rom and some to 0.30 rom.

I think so, and a bit I know so that all of the speed problems with pulse lays on the kernel.

If somehow we port the new .32 or .34 kernel to this phone?

We'll get pretty big improvements.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest mikeb90

i agree with you totiadrenalin, but i think that, even if the port of CyanogenMod reached his apex, different users (like me for example) are waiting for a new bug-less release, becouse i think that there are not much problems to solve, i'm talking about the biggest bugs, that solved could give a smooth experience to the user, even if there could be one or two bugs unresolved (manifactures ROMs have thousends of minor bugs... for example-.-).

In the end: i think it's time to release THE LAST version of CM6 for pulse... a fixed one, so we can just use our fantastic low-cost terminal in a full and smooth way...

(PS: sorry for some contorted periods, but i've been not speaking english for about a year XD)

v0.30 has some bugs that should be sorted and it would be great if it would be official CM port.

The topic was started and its a start. Come on people get on the cyanogen forum and start replying to our thread!

Why the Barnacle Tether Wifi not working in this version?? It is possible to repair?

Ps: I put the Barnacle, he says he is doing Tether but when I try to find the net I can not find ..

Tick "skip wpa supplicant" in settings and it's working...

Hey just a quick question, is anyone else in talks with the official cm developers about making this official or has it died down when tom went onto doing better things

I'm still around, I've just been busy (and my other projects haven't been getting much time either).

Back when I started playing with the Blade I broke my Pulse source a bit, so I've been avoiding going back to it. It should be easy enough to fix I just didn't want to look at it.

I still haven't spoken to the cyanogenmod guys about contributing to their source. The config stuff (which will basically get it running) should be easy to merge with the main source, but there are a couple of big patches I have done which will probably break other devices, so there will be a bit of work modifying those to work with everything.

I will try to get the source fixed over the weekend. Then I should be able to at least do a release off current cm6 source (but it will probably still have all the same problems).

Guest totiadrenalin
I'm still around, I've just been busy (and my other projects haven't been getting much time either).

Thanks MAN.

I truly hope that you could fix the broken source and at least try to speak with the Cyanogen Developers.

We don't ask you to continue with this port.

At least try to contact with the CM devs, to release this ported rom under official Cyanogen mod for Pulse.

Or if they do not agree wth you then at least release the source as unofficial ROM on github.

Some other devs here on this Forum could continue with the work for you.

I thing that this is fear enough for both parts.

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin

And TOM.

I pretty sure, that all of ass can understand you if you are to busy and don't have time to continue on this project.

So don't understand me wrong.

I'm maybe the most busy man here on this forum.

I'm working about 11 hours a day.

Every working day.

:P

Guest baotica

Word of advice.Do not use Swapper 2 with 0.30 it will give you trouble with camera app, not defaut one but also with every other camera using app out there.

Best leave cm6 performance settings at default.Compcache 18%, jit disabled etc.As I said default.You can tinker with them but it will just lead you to shity performance, well in most cases.

Guest spanner44
I'm still around

Glad to see you are still around, and look forward to any help you can give either personally or by releasing the source, so that the Pulse can try and become perfect.

Guest AntonioPT
hey masters, the kernel 2.6.35 is to do change for pulse cyanogen? thanks for port the froyo for we mobile phones... yours is the best...

Podes repetir a pergunta sobre o kernel em português? Não percebo o que queres dizer em inglês :P

Can't get camera working. Tried disabling compcache,JIT,swap. All of them, no luck. I can't take two sequential photos. Tried a lot of apps. Some crash, some freeze and one (eCamera) replied a gentle 'Picture capture failed'

Strange thing 1: Google Goggles do not freeze ever

Strange thing 2: You can take a photo, kill the app, take a photo, kill the app, take a photo. Just don't take two photos.

Can't get camera working. Tried disabling compcache,JIT,swap. All of them, no luck. I can't take two sequential photos. Tried a lot of apps. Some crash, some freeze and one (eCamera) replied a gentle 'Picture capture failed'

Strange thing 1: Google Goggles do not freeze ever

Strange thing 2: You can take a photo, kill the app, take a photo, kill the app, take a photo. Just don't take two photos.

Lower the resolution, it's a known bug. This is the workaround, take uxga pictures.

How about 1.3.2 :P

It looks like the cm6 source is still at ADW 1.3.0.

I've got the source working again. Looking at fixing a couple of problems now. Should have an updated rom up in the next day.

The apps that mysteriously disappeared a couple of releases ago are back again. The gallery is still broken. I'm trying to figure out whats going on with the camera now.

I've got some details on how to contribute code to the main project, so i'll try to start pushing code up this week, but as I said earlier some of it will need to be modified before it will be accepted as it would break other devices and that could take a while.

I will also be putting up an update for improved arabic support in the browser. I'm not sure how many users will make use of it, but i've been looking into it for a user and it looks like it is working.