CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

I've looked at the changelog, but what does Changed Source mean?

Is it worth upgrading from 0.30?

means he'sgot latest version of cyanogen mod - 6.1 RC2

but this seems to have problems installing apps

edit

tried just flashing 0.4 rom and applications seem to install fine now;

so i guess don't try to install DTa2sd; and tom's new rom seems to work fine :P

Edited by peelie

moi aussi, c'est pareil ,aucune application n'est installer aprés le rdémarage

DON'T flash DTA2SD; i reflashed just tom's new rom and install of applications seems to be working fine

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen

Installed 0.40

Have an issue with installed widgets for some Apps.

After reboot the widgets can not be found.

Tweetdeck

Battery Widget

Android Agenda Widget

With TweetDeck the App is still there, but the associated widgets (i.e. Post Bar are gone).

Any One??!!

Installed

dtapps2sd_2.7.5.2_signed

gapps-pulse-20102010

Edited by Richard van Nieuwenhuizen

Installed 0.40

Have an issue with installed widgets for some Apps.

After reboot the widgets can not be found.

Tweetdeck

Battery Widget

Android Agenda Widget

With TweetDeck the App is still there, but the associated widgets (i.e. Post Bar are gone).

Any One??!!

Installed

dtapps2sd_2.7.5.2_signed

gapps-pulse-20102010

well seems dtappd2sd does not work on thsi version of rom; and froyo appstosd only has problems with widgets stored on external sd i seem to recall?

I've looked at the changelog, but what does Changed Source mean?

Is it worth upgrading from 0.30?

By 'updated source' I meant that I pulled the latest source from the main cyangenmod project. The previous release was from a couple of weeks before RC1. This one is label RC2 (as are many of the other devices in the current source), but as far as I know RC2 is not actually released yet, so this isn't really RC2. I should have label it 'nightly'.

The only change I have made is to fix the gallery rotation, but there were many changes in the upstream source. The performance improvements and a2sd issues people are seeing are probably from the upstream changes (there could be a small performance increase from using one of the dream/sapphire egl libs to fix the gallery).

The only change I have made is to fix the gallery rotation, but there were many changes in the upstream source. The performance improvements and a2sd issues people are seeing are probably from the upstream changes (there could be a small performance increase from using one of the dream/sapphire egl libs to fix the gallery).

Both dta2sd and froyo a2sd work for me.

Edited by ogiogi

Guest totiadrenalin
anyone package an overclock patch for this 0.4 version? starkos? :P

edit - nevermind seemed to install okay;

anyone get to install any apps from their sd card? when i try keeps rebooting

edit 2

reboot only seems to happen when i try to install setcpu 2.04? hmm

Use older gapps.

the problem is with the gapps.

Wrong permissions in the update-script

In v0.4 does album art now display correctly, and do ringtones loop again ?

Also, I assume WiFi reconnecting after coming out of sleep is still an issue

These are the main problems I have encountered with the CM port

Thanks

Guest totiadrenalin
By 'updated source' I meant that I pulled the latest source from the main cyangenmod project. The previous release was from a couple of weeks before RC1. This one is label RC2 (as are many of the other devices in the current source), but as far as I know RC2 is not actually released yet, so this isn't really RC2. I should have label it 'nightly'.

Tom.

The integrated froyo a2sd issue with the widgets is present in all froyo roms.

As I saw on the cyanogenmod forum.

I don't see any issue with the a2sd.

I totally like the froyo a2sd which I'm using since your cm6 ported rom release.

And I don't see any issue here.

You just have to update the gapps on the first page.

There are wrong permissions in the update-script

And that is the main and only reason for the reboots if somebody try to install app.

Everything else is simply perfect.

Not much fixing has left now.

Thank you for your work man!

Edited by totiadrenalin

updated to 0.40 1 hour ago

everything works fine except for the camera. i now that the default camera crashes after one shot but

now the camera fails no matter what app you use to take the picture... i tried with camera 360, camera FX,

Edited by sayaxp

eeww another reason not to like froyo apps2sd - shortcuts default to google green icon after reboot if shortcut app is on sd!

Edited by peelie

No. Just flashed 0.40 without wiping.

ah i see so you did not need to flash a2sd? somehow my nandroid backup from rom 0.2 does not work so forced to use 0.4 rom and flashing a2sd does not seem to work - getting segmentation error message

Guest Lord_Shaithis

On the SD front, I had a nightmare with 0.30 and never got it working from install.

In the end I just manually moved all the apps to a directory on the SD card and deleted the one in /data/, then created a symbolic link to the one on the SD card instead.

Guest Lord_Shaithis

On the SD front, I had a nightmare with 0.30 and never got it working from install.

In the end I just manually moved all the apps to a directory on the SD card and deleted the one in /data/, then created a symbolic link to the one on the SD card instead.

Now apps do install to the SD card, as well as Froyo being able to move them.

Thanks Tom for his great work! The speed of the new rom is better than the 0.3 version. Apart from the a2sd issue, i found an other problem for the new rom. When I switch to 2G only, "no signal" is shown. So, it forced me to switch off the data usage when the phone is in standby mode.

Guest totiadrenalin
the 710 OC patch and the 748 OC patch for CM6 0.3 is also worked for the 0.4 version. Great!!

Can somebody paste a link of the 748 OC kernel here on this forum?

I just want to test it.

With the 710 OC kernel I can't get Brancle wifi tether working.

Thank you anyway.