CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest elkikin
Here you go, just flash this zip in the recovery and it will install Touchpal + Touchpal PT language pack :)

If you want the raw apks just extract the zip, they're in /data/app.

touchpal-pt-signed.zip

Can't seem to download from that link, for some reason. I'll try again in a while. Thanks! :)

Just install another keyboard, the default Android keyboard IMHO sucks.

Touchpal is nice :)

Touchpal FTW! I don't think anyone should have to suffer with the default keyboard. :)

Even though I exclusively use Swype for English, Touchpal gives me Zhuyin for Chinese phonetic input, which is at times critical. And on top of that I need a Chinese character handwriting input method! I'd pay big bucks to someone who can integrate all three! (Although I can can't imagine how to do it.)

Edited by twrock

Someone an answer for my question about Recovery? :)

I think the problem about froyo and amonra is that you can't FLASH froyo with amonra.

It should boot with amonra.

I don't think that a rom depends on wich recovery is present to be able to boot.

So your theory should do the trick.

Edited by Nielzs

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen
I've tested 0.3 and 0.4. With both of them any incoming call is forwarded to the voicemail. Had to go back to 2.1.

Has anyone experienced the above?

So all incoming calls go directly to voicemail?!

No problems with that for me.

Not with 0.3 and not with 0.4.

At first this: rom's really fast, thank you for that, but i have a problem with it. It drains my battery in just a couple of hours. At 1am my battery was fully charged, even so my phone woke me up at 10am with a notification said i had to connect the charger.

At "Battery use" i don't see any suspicious item (cell standby 26%, display 19%, voice calls 18%, android system 17%, phone idle 15%), so i couldn't figure out what cause this.

If you have any idea, please lighten me up.

Edited by drobee

Do you have used the camera? I have sometimes the same issue and think maybe the crashing camera app still works in the background. But OSMonitor says no. Try a reboot before your last charge and test it.

Guest rulerofkaos
:-(((((((((((( i'm so sad cause of rotation bug :-(((((((((((

does FLB also have bugs like that?

I'm using darktremor a2sd and since i moved all apps to internal with froyo a2sd and let dartremor do the things, I have no rotation bug anymore.

Do you have used the camera? I have sometimes the same issue and think maybe the crashing camera app still works in the background. But OSMonitor says no. Try a reboot before your last charge and test it.

Thanks, it seems it was the problem. Yesterday i shot a picture and the camera app immediately force closed, maybe it stuck in the background.

Guest AntonioPT
At first this: rom's really fast, thank you for that, but i have a problem with it. It drains my battery in just a couple of hours. At 1am my battery was fully charged, even so my phone woke me up at 10am with a notification said i had to connect the charger.

At "Battery use" i don't see any suspicious item (cell standby 26%, display 19%, voice calls 18%, android system 17%, phone idle 15%), so i couldn't figure out what cause this.

If you have any idea, please lighten me up.

Use SetCPU to limit the CPU frequency when the screen is off to max 528 MHz and disable 3G connection when you're not using it.

My phone gives me average of 2 days using this simple tips.

Guest AdamBaker
I think the problem about froyo and amonra is that you can't FLASH froyo with amonra.

It should boot with amonra.

I don't think that a rom depends on wich recovery is present to be able to boot.

So your theory should do the trick.

That's my understanding too but I reflash more often than I repartition the SD card so I preferred to use fastboot boot amaonra-xxxxx in place of fastboot flash amonra-xxxxx to run amonra without overwriting clockwork.

Guest Neodiamond

Hello everybody!!

I have a question to make, im using the last version of the CyanogenMod 6 on my u8220 a.k.a. pulse, and i have to say it work flawless, maybe my question have no sense, but how can i change the funtion of the end button?, cuz before i use it to go back to home screen and now it only lock the device is very annoying.

Guest tavorwm

I installed it, and..

I have a bug, the gps icon. When the gps is enabled and a app uses it, it does not disappear.

I configured the camera resolution to 2mpx and it seems that the camera bug disppeared.

Sometimes when i come back to adw launcher it freezes some seconds, and the "sorry, the activity.. asdasds" message appears.

The rom by default was laggy for me, a lot of services and apps where opening in the background (automatically). So i installed dta2sd (swap enabled) with lowmem-optimum profile, tweaks from antoniopt and twrock, and the 691Mhz oc kernel. Now the phone feels faster.

Guest Fusion0306
Hello everybody!!

I have a question to make, im using the last version of the CyanogenMod 6 on my u8220 a.k.a. pulse, and i have to say it work flawless, maybe my question have no sense, but how can i change the funtion of the end button?, cuz before i use it to go back to home screen and now it only lock the device is very annoying.

Spare Parts/End button behavior

Guest Neodiamond
Spare Parts/End button behavior

Thank you very much, i already did it (Y)

I'm using darktremor a2sd and since i moved all apps to internal with froyo a2sd and let dartremor do the things, I have no rotation bug anymore.

rulerofkaos how do you install darktremor a2sd?, am new in the android world, the pulse is my first droid device :)

Guest suriya83

to internal or external?

to internal or external?

If I have understood correctly, I think he had the built-in apps2sd working first. He then moved all the apps back to internal storage before installing DT Apps2SD. Then DT automatically moved apps to external. At least that is how I interpreted things. (Maybe rulerofkaos will return to set things straight.) :)

I still find DT Apps2SD to be significantly superior to Froyo's built-in version. Google should have implemented something closer to that, IMHO.

Edited by twrock

Guest rulerofkaos

I first used froyo a2sd and installed darktremor a2sd for swap. Then after a few days I moved all apps to internal with froyo a2sd. So darktremor moved them to the ext partition. Now my phone is faster than before and I have no rotation bug after holding the phone upright at startup. Something kills rotation when it tries to rotate at startup.

To install darktremor (it was asked), download it (I have 2.7.5.2), move rom-manager to the data partition, and flash the darktremor zip. Ok you need to format your sdcard with first partition ext2, second partition fat32.

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest suriya83
I first used froyo a2sd and installed darktremor a2sd for swap. Then after a few days I moved all apps to internal with froyo a2sd. So darktremor moved them to the ext partition. Now my phone is faster than before and I have no rotation bug after holding the phone upright at startup. Something kills rotation when it tries to rotate at startup.

To install darktremor (it was asked), download it (I have 2.7.5.2), move rom-manager to the data partition, and flash the darktremor zip. Ok you need to format your sdcard with first partition ext2, second partition fat32.

If this helps i will give you a french kiss!