CyanogenMod 6 port for Pulse

Guest Tom G

Guest AntonioPT
I have a Class 6 SD-card and I've set the swappiness to 15, would it be all right for me to go all the way up to 60?

A swappiness of 15 is better than a swappiness of 60 :rolleyes:

So this is why I cant connect to wifi.

Is there a way to add a mac address manually? I notice that videos on you tube show wireless working on it.

I believe that in general, wifi is working fine for most people, even with the mac address problem.

What seems to be not working correctly is that if Wifi is on, and the screen shuts off, then when the screen is turned back on, wifi will not reconnect. But in that case, you can just disconnect and reconnect manually, or you can install an app to do that for you each time the screen comes back on.

hello everyone :huh:

just some help needed/advice :D

ive been using CM6 0.30 since it was released, and it used to be very fast.but now has to started to lag, to a point the phone is unusable, any ideas on what to do?

i ahev 32mb swap file with swappiness 60

compcache disabled

JIT enabled

surface dithering enabled

and

VM heap size of 24m

any ideas on what i can do to improve speed or make my phone not lag

jamie

Have you ever rebooted? :rolleyes:

Seriously, those numbers are very similar to what I have been running, except for swappiness has been 15 for me.

However, I made a few changes today after looking back over the last couple of pages of this thread, so I'll have to wait and see what the results are.

I do recall someone around here suggesting strongly that these phones should be rebooted daily, so if that is not your habit, maybe you could give that a try.

But honestly, I really don't know why things work so differently from person to person. :huh:

Edited by twrock

I believe that in general, wifi is working fine for most people, even with the mac address problem.

What seems to be not working correctly is that if Wifi is on, and the screen shuts off, then when the screen is turned back on, wifi will not reconnect. But in that case, you can just disconnect and reconnect manually, or you can install an app to do that for you each time the screen comes back on.

Oh that is not good for me then. Any ideas to solve the problem I am having? (I can switch WIFI on, it can see WIFI, I enter in the WEP key however then nothing happens and it wont connect.) I have no idea how to solve this one, so any help would be great.

Guest Otto222

Is it possible to uninstall the OC kernel? It uses alot of power and programs which are to load on startup, like taskmanager and Overclockwidget won't load on next startup. This is a bug in the mod.

Guest AntonioPT
Is it possible to uninstall the OC kernel? It uses alot of power and programs which are to load on startup, like taskmanager and Overclockwidget won't load on next startup. This is a bug in the mod.

Just use SetCPU to set the max frequency to 528MHz. If you REALLY want the default kernel, I'll provide you the boot.img (to fastboot).

Guest baotica

Been using these rom for some time, and have come to conclusion that it is crap, at least for now.Why ?

1.Camera isn't working as it should, native camera can't take multiple shots, camera360 isn't working at all, and autofocusing is busted, even with applied fix for it.Most other camera apps can't do more than 2 MP, and without focusing pics are a total s***, as bad as android 1.5, maybe worse.This is not acceptable, at all.

2.Some apps are simply not working.

3.I was unable to install a2sd or dta2sd.And I did follow instructions on this forum, without success.It was like black magic.So I could not transfer dalvik cache or apps to sd card, what was a compete horseshit situation.I could install few apps this way.Like android 1.5 again.Crap.Anyhow, this was excluding strike for me.

I don't say that this rom won't be a great thing when they integrate a2sd and fix the camera, but without either of those things the rom is a crap.Nice effort but not worth the trouble.

For now Fibblesan's FLB 1.6b -> rom rules.

Guest JimJam707
Been using these rom for some time, and have come to conclusion that it is crap, at least for now.Why ?

1.Camera isn't working as it should, native camera can't take multiple shots, camera360 isn't working at all, and autofocusing is busted, even with applied fix for it.Most other camera apps can't do more than 2 MP, and without focusing pics are a total s***, as bad as android 1.5, maybe worse.This is not acceptable, at all.

2.Some apps are simply not working.

3.I was unable to install a2sd or dta2sd.And I did follow instructions on this forum, without success.It was like black magic.So I could not transfer dalvik cache or apps to sd card, what was a compete horseshit situation.I could install few apps this way.Like android 1.5 again.Crap.Anyhow, this was excluding strike for me.

I don't say that this rom won't be a great thing when they integrate a2sd and fix the camera, but without either of those things the rom is a crap.Nice effort but not worth the trouble.

For now Fibblesan's FLB 1.6b -> rom rules.

Sorry, but please don't be ungrateful.

People spend hours trying to make this work just for you to come and slag it off. It's in alpha. No where does it say that it's bug free and stable. So please stop being uncool.

Guest AntonioPT
Sorry, but please don't be ungrateful.

People spend hours trying to make this work just for you to come and slag it off. It's in alpha. No where does it say that it's bug free and stable. So please stop being uncool.

+1

baotica, first of all, if you think the ROM is crap, go away. Tom G has spent countless work hours trying to get this wonderful ROM to work, so stop complaining. Don't like it, don't use it. Period.

Second, this is THE best ROM for the Pulse. There is absolutely no competition. CM = The best.

Lastly, hundreds of people have tried this ROM and 99% of them say it rocks. So you must be an unlucky fellow.

Guest InstantWater

I'm using it 0.20 ago. It's cool, but I wait for 0.4

Issues:

GPS can't turn on/off without reboot

Stock camera app works only in 2MP

Apart these problems, it's a fast, nice ROM.

NO MORE ANDROID 2.1.

2.2 ROCKS :rolleyes:))

Guest thisweb

Anyone able to post just the bluetooth fix from 0.3? I am using 0.2 but don't want to upgrade to 0.3 as its working lovely at the momemnt. I would only like the bluetooth fix. er... please? :rolleyes:

Guest david_dawkins

[blah blah it's crap whine whine it's horseshit blah blah]

Why don't you ask for your money back. Better still, sell your Pulse on ebay and buy a 2nd hand iPhone. You've clearly identified yourself as a can't-do guy.

Been using this ROM for weeks now, and I love it. AntionioPT's tips for speed were particularly welcome.

Swappiness means how percent of swap space is used maximum by the system. If You have large swap partition, then try to lower this setting, otherwise the system slowing down cause of continous SD reading and writeing. Ideal swap usage is around 10-15 MB, if You have Dalvik cache on phone (and if you have lots of apps, then yes, you have).

So, ideal swap partition is 32 MB with deafult swappiness 60, or, If You have larger swap partition/file (wasted space), try to lower it to 15-20 maximum, not use higher numbers.

And use App2SD lowmem-optimum if You like a snappy phone, this kill every unnecessary programs from memory, when You sent them to background. :rolleyes:

This is just my two cents.

Guest AdamBaker
Wrong permissions? Thats the first I've heard of it. What needs to be changed?

/data/app on my phone ended up owned by root, not system and with permissions of 755 instead of 775 which resulted in odd errors when trying to install apps from the market. Someone else reported similar problems with /data/app-private. After a chown / chmod it was fine. I used flibbles gapps-pulse zip to install the google apps which puts some of them in /data/app so that may be the culprit - I didn't try too hard to track it down, I haven't had much spare time lately either.

Guest spanner44

I use camera 360 most of the time, I have tried others but prefer this one, it takes multiple shots and the quality is very good, a lot better than the stock camera anyway.

I also was unable to install dta2sd as well, don't know why, but it just wouldn't work, so I use the internal Froyo apps2sd instead and although I have had to be a bit choosy what i have on, I still have over 100 apps on my phone so it isn't that big a deal.

Personally, although I wouldn't say that this is perfect, it certainly runs a lot better than the standard android that came with the phone, as as further tweaks and mods are done, it will be perfected even further.

I am just glad that some people, who have the knowledge can spend the time to bring this to us, as the manufacturer certainly doesn't care about us and any upgrades.

"I also was unable to install dta2sd as well, don't know why"

Your system partition is full, try to delete some unnecessary programs, like Twitter and Facebook. :rolleyes: TweetDeck is much better.

Guest spanner44
"I also was unable to install dta2sd as well, don't know why"

Your system partition is full, try to delete some unnecessary programs, like Twitter and Facebook. :rolleyes: TweetDeck is much better.

Sorry, i didn't make it clear, I did actually install it, but for some unknown reason, it just wouldn't work. tried several times, over several nights following every guide on this site, but it just would not work. Even reformatted the SD card, several times as well. Problem from what can fathom out is that it won't read or find the ext partition, in clockwork it says it is not mounted, and despite me fiddling and trying to find a solution, gave up so resorted to internal built in version - not as good but workable for me.

I just can't keep re-flashing the roms every night as it then takes me a day to get it back to where it started.

Oh s***, now that i've taken a closer look at this I don't think I have a SWAP-Partition, however... I have swappines set to 15.

How do I get one?

BTW, this is what Terminal says!

$su
# free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 107408 101284 6124 0 244
Swap: 0 0 0
Total: 107408 101284 6124
#
[/codebox]

Edited by Guest

Guest totiadrenalin
Oh s***, now that i've taken a closer look at this I don't think I have a SWAP-Partition, however... I have swappines set to 15.

How do I get one?

BTW, this is what Terminal says!

$su
# free
total used free shared buffers
Mem: 107408 101284 6124 0 244
Swap: 0 0 0
Total: 107408 101284 6124
#
[/codebox]

Even if you have swap partition.

This rom doesn't Swap on the /mmcblk0p3 swap partitom automatically by default.

You can swap it on manually from the terminal emulator application.

But first check if the swap partition exists.

[code]su find /dev/block/mmcblkop3[/code]
If you get : /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 back then everything is alright? You can create your own (swap) binary in some linux text editor:
[code]#!/system/bin/sh if [ -e /dev/block/mmcblk0p3 ]; then echo Preparing swap.; mkswap /dev/block/mmcblk0p3; swapon /dev/block/mmcblk0p3; echo setting swappiness; echo ** > /proc/swaps; echo Ram memory information; free; echo Swap state information; cat /proc/swaps; echo Swappiness state; cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness; fi;[/code]
[color=#0000FF]**[/color] = swappiness amount My suggestion somewhere between 30 and 45, down to 15 and up to 60. adb push to /system/bin/swap adb shell chmod 777 /system/bin/swap also rename it into 15swap and push it in: /system/etc/15swap But don't forget to chmod it to 777 also you could create a swaps file. for easier way to chechk the ram mem ory and swap.
[code]#!/system/bin/sh echo Ram memory information.; free echo Swappiness state information; cat /proc/swaps; echo Swappiness state; cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness;[/code]

this file just adb push to /system/bin/swaps

you won't need root permissions for this file to work.

after you set it all.

if you doesn't want to swap on the swap partition on boot time you can use the

swap

command from terminal emulator app

and to check the state:

swaps

before use both of the type

su

[color=#FF0000]

EDIT[/color]: [color=#0000FF]Before performing adb push of the files.

Type adb remount[/color]

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
I use camera 360 most of the time, I have tried others but prefer this one, it takes multiple shots and the quality is very good, a lot better than the stock camera anyway.

I also was unable to install dta2sd as well, don't know why, but it just wouldn't work, so I use the internal Froyo apps2sd instead and although I have had to be a bit choosy what i have on, I still have over 100 apps on my phone so it isn't that big a deal.

Personally, although I wouldn't say that this is perfect, it certainly runs a lot better than the standard android that came with the phone, as as further tweaks and mods are done, it will be perfected even further.

I am just glad that some people, who have the knowledge can spend the time to bring this to us, as the manufacturer certainly doesn't care about us and any upgrades.

First of all.

For some unkown reason Clockworkmode recovery doesn't partition the sdcard at all.

With AmonRa recovery you can do that part with no problems.

I don't know which recovery, or maybe linux PC you are using?!

That's ok.

Second.

Dta2sd will never work if you don't free up 2MB in /system

type:

df -h /system

to check how much freespace do you have in /system

If you have less then 2MB?

which is most obvious, because if you install the the older gapps you will fill up your system.

Type this in the terminal emulator application:

cp /system/app/RomManager.apk /data/app/RomManager.apk

rm /system/app/RomManager.apk

reboot recovery

and now install the dta2sd zip from recovery mod.

If you want to free up even more space in system you can move the CMWallpapers.apk to data.

Do the same as with RomManager.apk

And camera 360 is working Perfectly with me.

I have 200MB of picture data from camera 360 until Tom release this CM6.1_b30 rom.

I use 3MP with no problem and multi shuts.

Guest totiadrenalin

su

find /dev/block/mmcblkop3

If you get :

/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 back

then everything is alright?...........

First of all.

For some unkown reason Clockworkmode recovery doesn't partition the sdcard at all.

With AmonRa recovery you can do that part with no problems.

I don't know which recovery, or maybe linux PC you are using?!

That's ok.

Second.

Dta2sd will never work if you don't free up 2MB in /system

type:

df -h /system

to check how much freespace do you have in /system

If you have less then 2MB?...........

I hope that you found this as good information.

Edited by totiadrenalin

$su
# find /dev/block/mmcblkop3
find: /dev/block/mmcblkop3: No such file or directory
#

[/codebox]

Guest jamielockeymusic
Have you ever rebooted? :rolleyes:

Seriously, those numbers are very similar to what I have been running, except for swappiness has been 15 for me.

However, I made a few changes today after looking back over the last couple of pages of this thread, so I'll have to wait and see what the results are.

I do recall someone around here suggesting strongly that these phones should be rebooted daily, so if that is not your habit, maybe you could give that a try.

But honestly, I really don't know why things work so differently from person to person. :huh:

i installed oc kwrnal and used setcpu to 15 up threshold, cahnged swappy to 20 i think, compcache to 26% and disabled surface dithering, and its sped up to how it was :huh:, i used to reboot eVry morning, but got out of the habit! i will start doong this again :D thanks for telling me!