15/Jan [GUIDE] Installing the MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM from scratch (and other ROMS)

Guest StevenHarperUK

Guest Ralph Martin

Another thumbs up for these instructions, which helped me reinstall the Stock ROM when I thought the Wifi was trashed.

You could add a pointer about using Titanium Backup to restore the applications and user data afterwards...

Guest schteffe

Just installed the alpha3-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned and have the following problem.

Getting the following messages again and again as soon as I start the phone:

- Sorry! The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

- Sorry! The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I have tried to remove borth sim and/or SD-card, and I have wiped it and cleared the cache in clockworkmod several times.

Please help with this problem so I can start use the phone again, or give a suggestion how I can revert my phone back to it's

previous state (sadly I didn't make any backup before trying this). Thanks.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Just installed the alpha3-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned and have the following problem.

Getting the following messages again and again as soon as I start the phone:

- Sorry! The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

- Sorry! The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I have tried to remove borth sim and/or SD-card, and I have wiped it and cleared the cache in clockworkmod several times.

Please help with this problem so I can start use the phone again, or give a suggestion how I can revert my phone back to it's

previous state (sadly I didn't make any backup before trying this). Thanks.

Please redownload the Rom and reflash it. Stage 2

Guest matlock

Hi

I've rooted my phone using this guide and applied the DoMaCo R4.

The problem I'm having is I keep losing my internet connection, it works if I get a G or 3g connection but if I get an E connection the data service says connection Failed in the network settings.

I didn't have this problem with the stock orange rom.

Is there an issue with this rom or is it possible I've got my setting wrong?

I'm using the phone on the giffgaff network.

Mat

Thanks for the 'How To' it filled in a few blanks in the process for me and gave me the confidence to be a first time flasher and dump the stock ROM.

It would have been nice to have the checksum for r4-update-modacocustomrom-blade-noadditions-signed.zip as well.

Hello, Im new to the Andriod scene, after having a number of iPhones, and the new HD7. I have clocked using MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM Alpha3-4 (based on new Chinese leak), super smooth, but my wifi continually drops as does the phone network, any ideas?

Cheers

From an Android noob

Guest matlock

Hi

I was having data connection issues using the MoDaCo Custom R4 rom so I have switched back to the Orange stock rom.

I am having the same problem with data connection on giffgaff.

however I cannot boot back into Clockwork Mod Recovery to go back to my previous backed up MoDaCo Custom R4 rom (which is on the sd card), the phomne starts to boot then the orange logo is displayed and the FTM is displayed in a white box.

Do I have to reinstall fastboot / clockworkMod recovery?

Mat

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi

I was having data connection issues using the MoDaCo Custom R4 rom so I have switched back to the Orange stock rom.

I am having the same problem with data connection on giffgaff.

however I cannot boot back into Clockwork Mod Recovery to go back to my previous backed up MoDaCo Custom R4 rom (which is on the sd card), the phomne starts to boot then the orange logo is displayed and the FTM is displayed in a white box.

Do I have to reinstall fastboot / clockworkMod recovery?

Mat

Did you factory reset?

Guest khannie
If you use this guide and it works, please give me a post so I can see that it's doing it's job and also so that it stays near the top of the fourm.

I used this guide and it worked a treat. First time android user. Installed clockwork and the alpha 3 froyo rom without any troubles. Thank you. I used the linux version of fastboot on an ubuntu 10.10 install.

One small suggestion: When you're giving the command line for fastboot, maybe put two spaces between the arguments. I thought the format was: sudo ./fastboot-linux flash <romname> because the romname and the partition both start with "recovery". Anyway, a very *very* minor issue that just required me to look more closely. :)

Many thanks. Very helpful stuff that is much appreciated.

Guest StevenHarperUK
Thanks for this great guide. Installing the new rom was surprisingly easy :)

Updating the next version of the same ROM is even simpler:

Just go into clockwork and use the "install update ZIP" and it will go over the existing ROM and you keep all your Data and Apps and Settings.

Guest schteffe
Please redownload the Rom and reflash it. Stage 2

Plug your phone into the USB cable, and let the SD card mount (this works without any drivers in Ubuntu).

Copy the r4-update-modacocustomrom-blade-signed.zip file off your desktop into the ROOT of the sdcard (this means copy it onto the sdcard - but not into any of the directories)

The problem is, I can't find the phone in windows and thus can't transfer any files to it. I've tried to use the usb_driver that is referred to in the text, but the system won't recognize any drivers from that. I instead am using ZTE_Android_Driver, an official usb-driver that worked before I began this little project. But as I said, now it doesn't work.

However, I don't understand how it would change things. I ran a md5-check and it was correct (4208c2c1a29d157eafe5b8c63b96f5af), so the file I've used should be ok right?

When I've installed the modaco-zip it has worked well, also to clear cache. When doing factory reset it has worked but also the phone stated "No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext." Don't know if it matters.

Now, any way to save my phone at all? Right now I don't really care about the version of android just as long as I get the thing back in a state were it works.

Thanks /schteffe

Guest schteffe
Can you get into clockwork recovery

Maybe this wasn't adressed to me, but nevertheless, yes I can.

And I just realized, I can take out the SD-card, put it in my old phone, connect it to the PC and transfer any new version of the ROM that way (right?)

Guest panteraz

Hi! I have installed ClockWorkMod 5.1.3. Can I restore a nadroid backup or flash a new one, with the phone charging?

Edited by panteraz

Guest tonimeloni

hello,

i'm new here. at sunday i'd ordered a new unlocked zte blade with oled display in the uk. this week i get it, i hope so!

now i want to prepare me to install a new rom. there are many diverent roms on page one.

what do i need for the installation...

and whats the best (fastest, stablest ...) rom?

thank you!

Guest StevenHarperUK
Hi! I have installed ClockWorkMod 5.1.3. Can I restore a nadroid backup or flash a new one, with the phone charging?

I honestly don't know : Anyone answer this?

Guest StevenHarperUK
hello,

i'm new here. at sunday i'd ordered a new unlocked zte blade with oled display in the uk. this week i get it, i hope so!

now i want to prepare me to install a new rom. there are many diverent roms on page one.

what do i need for the installation...

and whats the best (fastest, stablest ...) rom?

thank you!

You need a PC, the USB cable you get with the phone and about 1 hour of time (assuming your new to this).

Get the new phone - turn it on and make sure it all works.

Download the mdssum checker, fastboot and the ROM you want to use.

Follow the first post (Stage 1 and Stage 2).

Stage 1 - installs Clockwork onto the phone

Stage 2 - installs your rom (using clockwork)

The Fastest ROM is one of the 2.2 ROMS - I suggest MaDaCo Alpha 3 (prebuilt)

The Stablest are the most recent 2.1 ROMS - I suggest Sebastian's R7

Just follow the guide - read it through.

Guest DasReich

hey guys, i just wondering whether I should rename a specific ROM to update.zip or just leave it like it is?

I´m following this guide and there is also recommended to choose the option to update from sd, but i think it´s meant to install from sd. is it right?

i´ve just found this picture. can somebody explain me what the second line means? to clear everythig out, I simply choose the 5th line... to install a ROM?

can anyone help me? please! THX

post-809036-1293059398_thumb.jpg

Guest Al_Jolson
hey guys, i just wondering whether I should rename a specific ROM to update.zip or just leave it like it is?

I´m following this guide and there is also recommended to choose the option to update from sd, but i think it´s meant to install from sd. is it right?

i´ve just found this picture. can somebody explain me what the second line means? to clear everythig out, I simply choose the 5th line... to install a ROM?

can anyone help me? please! THX

If the zip file on your SD card is called "update.zip" then choose the 2nd line. If it is called anything else, choose the 5th line, which will list you all the .zip files on your SD card to choose one.

Edited by Al_Jolson

Guest fkjartan

Hi,

my build number is:

YESSS_P729W1.0.0B01

i wanna update it to android 2.2 which is not supported by the branding company (Hofer in Austria), so i wanted to use a custom rom but i do not know which kind of display etc. it is.

Best Regards,

a man with a new phone :)

Guest schteffe
Plug your phone into the USB cable, and let the SD card mount (this works without any drivers in Ubuntu).

Copy the r4-update-modacocustomrom-blade-signed.zip file off your desktop into the ROOT of the sdcard (this means copy it onto the sdcard - but not into any of the directories)

The problem is, I can't find the phone in windows and thus can't transfer any files to it. I've tried to use the usb_driver that is referred to in the text, but the system won't recognize any drivers from that. I instead am using ZTE_Android_Driver, an official usb-driver that worked before I began this little project. But as I said, now it doesn't work.

However, I don't understand how it would change things. I ran a md5-check and it was correct (4208c2c1a29d157eafe5b8c63b96f5af), so the file I've used should be ok right?

When I've installed the modaco-zip it has worked well, also to clear cache. When doing factory reset it has worked but also the phone stated "No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /sd-ext." Don't know if it matters.

Now, any way to save my phone at all? Right now I don't really care about the version of android just as long as I get the thing back in a state were it works.

Thanks /schteffe

Problem solved. I mvoed the SD-card to my old phone, downloaded and transferred another ROM (Fillyjonk RLS3) and installed it with clockwork. Yes, the phone finally works again! Now I just need to understand what I've actually done and whats in this ROM really...