Introducing... the HTC 7 Trophy

Guest PaulOBrien

embargoHTC7Trophy.jpg

HTC have just announced the Windows Phone 7 equipped HTC 7 Trophy.

Specifications are included below, further details to follow!

P

• 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250
  • Windows® Phone OS 7
  • 512MB ROM, 576MB RAM
  • 8GB Internal Storage
  • Size 118.5 X 61.5 X 11.96 mm (4.67 X 2.42 X 0.47 inches)
  • 140 grams (4.94 ounces) with battery
  • 3.8" inch SLCD touch screen with 480 X 800 resolution
  • HSPA/WCDMA (900/2100 MHz) Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
  • Bluetooth® 2.1 with A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
  • IEEE 802.11 WiFi b/g/n
  • 3.5 mm stereo audio jack
  • Standard micro-USB (5-pin micro-USB 2.0)
  • 5.0 megapixel colour camera with auto focus and flash including 720p HD video recording
  • Removable and Rechargeable Lithium ion or Lithium-polymer battery, 1300 mAh
  • AC input: 100 ~ 240V AC, 50/60 Hz
  • Motion G-sensor
  • Proximity Sensor
  • Ambient Light Sensor
  • Dolby® Mobile and SRS surround sound

Guest thelondonthing

Other than the inferior camera and the comparatively dull aesthetic, I'm struggling to see the point of the Trophy being offered alongside the Mozart.

HTC's own description for the Trophy reads:

"HTC 7 Trophy harnesses the power of Xbox LIVE. Gamers will enjoy the speed and responsiveness of fast action gameplay supported by the phone’s high-performance 1GHz Snapdragon processor, and controlled through the vivid WVGA 3.8″ touchscreen. High-fidelity, virtual surround sound – through SRS WOW HD™ – brings a rich audio experience whether the user is playing a game, watching a video or listening to their favorite music."

...but Xbox LIVE obviously isn't unique to this handset, and neither are the SRS WOW HD feature or Snapdragon processor that's in all their other WP7 releases.

I've been holding off on my Vodafone upgrade for six months, and it looks like the Trophy is the only HTC WP7 handset they'll be stocking, which sucks. That said, even the 'mighty' HD7 isn't really a step-up in terms of hardware over my HD2.

From a hardware point of view, I've got to say that today's announcements were pretty disappointing!

Edited by thelondonthing

Agreed, the Trophy is the weakest of the handsets for me. No redeeming specifications (I suppose the 3.8" screen is an improvement over the 3.7" on the Mozart), but it loses the unibody construction.

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.