Yey!

Guest Danh2122

Guest Danh2122

Having partaking in the Tweetdeck for Android Beta, Which I enjoyed, I discovered that the App recorded the Name and Android OS of the Device, For good cause of course. It actually realised that a huge number of useres were using 2.2 and 2.1.

Anyway more to the point, After looking through the devices and Roms, i did a quick find (Usually Ctrl+F) and searched "Mini" Two results the first being Pulse mini with 8 Users in the beta, (and found 10 more for the U8110 (same phone) ) then for the second result, MY Phone, Well I renamed my phone to "Dan H's Pulse Mini with MG Rom" (comes in handy if I ever lose my phone), and there it is with 1 user (ME).

My phone is Famous :)

Link to list

That said, this is a completely pointless story :)

Edited by Danh2122

Guest Danh2122
Not completely pointless if you tell us how you renamed it!? :)

If your phone is rooted and you are using a custom rom follow these

Basically get a File Manager that allows for Root Access (Root manager, ES File Explorer)

in ES File explorer first press menu>settings>root settings> Tick both boxes (choose HiAPK when asked)

Go back to file manager, press "/" in top left, System> Build.prop> open in ES Edit Note.

Now scroll down about half way until you find "ro.product.model=" now next to that = write whatever you like, (mine reads for that line "ro.product.model=Dan H's Pulse Mini with MG ROM"

Once done press MENU, Save. If it doesn't save longpress anywhere in the text and click cut all. Now go back to /System/ delete build.prop, then create a file named "build.prop" open as text> ES edit note, now longpress and paste all the text.

Now restart your phone and look under Settings> About phone.

:) Done!

Guest CodeWarrior
If it doesn't save longpress anywhere in the text and click cut all. Now go back to /System/ delete build.prop, then create a file named "build.prop" open as text> ES edit note, now longpress and paste all the text.

Now restart your phone and look under Settings> About phone.

:) Done!

I tried this before but didn't realise that is didn't save because of permission so just assumed it was something else. Tried it now with write permission and it works. Thanks.

Guest Danh2122
I tried this before but didn't realise that is didn't save because of permission so just assumed it was something else. Tried it now with write permission and it works. Thanks.

No probs! :)