19/Nov r14: VISIONary + one click root

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Bloodbeard

It did the infinite loop thing for me too, until I rebooted, then it went through.

loving the 4g here in irvine,ca over 7000 mbps

Curse you! I'm just around the corner (Redlands/San Bernardino) and I only have 3.5G (H, not H+), 1MPS down and up. :)

Guest wrxtc714

One thing I'd like to mention is that after rooted the phone runs really choppy

and takes literally twice as long to do anything.

I don't mind just rooting to use my wifi tethering though

and then rebooting after for now.

is anyone else experiencing the choppiness?

It's not Paul's app at all because the original temp root method

did the same thing to my phone

edit: I uninstalled this task manager that I had and that seemed to have made a difference.

running smoothly now.

Edited by wrxtc714

Guest Housetek

So i downloaded the file, put on sd card, installed using appinstaller.

Ran the app and it force closed on me.

(usb debugging is on btw)

Reboot the phone and first thing that pops up is visionary has force closed.

then nothing loads up, no applications my home screen my call button doesnt work nada.

so i let the phone sit for a lil bit and eventually after a minute every thing loads up like normal.

Open up visionary again and it says rooting device please wait. its been stuck on this screen for about 10 minutes.

No flashing or any thing, it just stays on that screen.

Am i doing something wrong?

should i uninstall my advance task manager?

Paul any chance you are going to adapt this to work with other phones that dont need it run more than once?

It works on a DX but after reboot it needs to be run again.

Thanks

Er, so i'm confused... you talk about adapting it to phones that don't need it run more than once (in which case download the 'non run on boot' version and run it once?) but then you talk about running it on every boot.

Confused!

P

Er, so i'm confused... you talk about adapting it to phones that don't need it run more than once (in which case download the 'non run on boot' version and run it once?) but then you talk about running it on every boot.

Confused!

P

Sorry should have been more clear.

I used the non run on boot app but after a reboot anything that tried to get superuser permissions gave me an error. If I ran it again it after rebooting then superuser permissions would work correctly. I am not sure exactly whats causing superuser to break after a reboot though.

Right now there arent any apps that root with Rageagainstthecage (I assume thats what your using) Everything out there right now requires a pc in order to root. There are a bunch of 1 click options for rooting on a pc but less for mac and linux. Would be great to an app rooting solution.

Guest Elijah Lynn

Am I correct in assuming that you do not need to hook this up to a computer even though one might logically assume that since USB Debugging needs to be enabled that it may imply you need to be hooked up to a computer with a USB cable?

Guest Elijah Lynn

I am helping my friend root her G2 with this method (remotely), she now has a superuser app. I told her to search for "Wireless Tether for Root Users" in the Market but it isn't showing for her.

What apps are you guys using for wifi tethering? Barnacle isn't working on my EVO right now so I can't walk her through that.

Guest Co.Ag.05
I am helping my friend root her G2 with this method (remotely), she now has a superuser app. I told her to search for "Wireless Tether for Root Users" in the Market but it isn't showing for her.

What apps are you guys using for wifi tethering? Barnacle isn't working on my EVO right now so I can't walk her through that.

Use app brain market and also install "Fast Web Installer" on your android phone.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/wireless-tethe.../android.tether

Once App Brain Market and Fast Web Installer are installed on your phone, you should be able to go to the above URL and click "Install" and it will push the app to your phone. This worked for me using barnacle using a Nexus One on US AT&T

Am I correct in assuming that you do not need to hook this up to a computer even though one might logically assume that since USB Debugging needs to be enabled that it may imply you need to be hooked up to a computer with a USB cable?

Correct!

P

Guest Elijah Lynn
Use app brain market and also install "Fast Web Installer" on your android phone.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/wireless-tethe.../android.tether

Once App Brain Market and Fast Web Installer are installed on your phone, you should be able to go to the above URL and click "Install" and it will push the app to your phone. This worked for me using barnacle using a Nexus One on US AT&T

We got it working by using this version http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-teth...mp;can=2&q=, a bit buggy but the normal version wouldn't work with a Mac anyways. It is a bit unstable but it works and she was getting nearly 20Mbps on her Macbook with Hspa+ in Brooklyn!!

Guest PC_LOAD_LETTER

its still running on my G2 -i guess it takes a while?

also a side note:

the status message "rooting device, please wait" is not visible in landscape mode. i wasnt sure what it was doing because I was in landscape when i first ran it.

Changelog

r5 - MAJOR UPDATE!

• Process is now faster and ultra reliable!
  • Run on boot can now be toggled from the main screen
  • Application will no longer let you root if you're already rooted

Guest Zeus1022
Changelog

r9

• Much faster - thanks lilHermit for your help with the native code

Is the new version suppose to flicker the screen???

Disregard, had to uniinstall and reinstall the new version....all good now =)

Edited by Zeus1022