Increasing Touchscreen sensitivity

Guest Morris Lee

Guest Morris Lee

So there is something I think everyone might want to look into, well, at least I think there is enough problems for this to get its own thread.

Once the touchscreen sensitivity is increased significantly to values such as 25/75, things goes pretty wild where some people has random touches. I myself has been experiencing the same problem, and this is what it came down to:

1. someone reported that using a screen protector allowed them to have like below 10 without random touches

2. it only happens when the phone is used for a while, this lead me to think,

3. that it is the screen getting dirty, cleaning it seems to have positive results

What are your workaround to this issue? Please share :)

Morris Lee

Before screen protector, I could use 8 or 9 before the screen scruwed up. Now i think i can use 7.

Use ADB and run the script, (if not installed on the rom, just browse to the directory on the memorycard, and write, 'sh sens.sh' sens.sh being the script name. )

Guest dennerjw

Set the sensitivity and noise to both 1 and become frustrated when your screen becomes useless.

Yes, I was curious. Also not near a pc so i could use adb. Ended up having to reflash LCR-F to get a working phone again. Restoring 70 apps with Titanium is tedious.

Guest Morris Lee
Set the sensitivity and noise to both 1 and become frustrated when your screen becomes useless.

Yes, I was curious. Also not near a pc so i could use adb. Ended up having to reflash LCR-F to get a working phone again. Restoring 70 apps with Titanium is tedious.

Whoh! 70 apps? How do you get a total number for apps you installed and the total number of apps?

Guest dennerjw
Whoh! 70 apps? How do you get a total number for apps you installed and the total number of apps?

When you do a batch restore in titanium backup it tells you how many apps there are, but you still have to click install for all of em

Guest Morris Lee
When you do a batch restore in titanium backup it tells you how many apps there are, but you still have to click install for all of em

Is there an app counter in the os? Pretty useless but nice to know : D

Guest cbtendo

hi.. :P

currently, im experiencing this very annoying random touch problem... my current setting is 20/50....

however, in my case, this only happened when my phone temp reached 37.5 and above....

and, strangely, this problem stops when my phone temp reached 39.7 and above...

in short, this problem only occured if my phone temp is around 37.5-39.7 C...

so i'm thinking that this might be some kind of hardware problem...

does the same thing happened to you?

Guest Koki1337
hi.. :P

currently, im experiencing this very annoying random touch problem... my current setting is 20/50....

however, in my case, this only happened when my phone temp reached 37.5 and above....

and, strangely, this problem stops when my phone temp reached 39.7 and above...

in short, this problem only occured if my phone temp is around 37.5-39.7 C...

so i'm thinking that this might be some kind of hardware problem...

does the same thing happened to you?

I smart guess is due to thermionic emission from the internals of the phone.

I realized this at first, but I don't think it's affected due to it.

Guest cbtendo
I smart guess is due to thermionic emission from the internals of the phone.

I realized this at first, but I don't think it's affected due to it.

errr.... what?? :P

would you explain that in idiot's term?

i still doesn't get it after reading wikipedia....

Guest Delnar_Ersike
errr.... what?? :P

would you explain that in idiot's term?

i still doesn't get it after reading wikipedia....

AFAIK, thermionic emissions are the movements of charged particles caused by temperature. Basically, after reaching a certain temperature, charged particles are able to move off the conductor because the energy caused by the temperature becomes greater than the energy that restrains the particle to its conductor. I'm no electrical engineer, however, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest Morris Lee
AFAIK, thermionic emissions are the movements of charged particles caused by temperature. Basically, after reaching a certain temperature, charged particles are able to move off the conductor because the energy caused by the temperature becomes greater than the energy that restrains the particle to its conductor. I'm no electrical engineer, however, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you guys might be right, however, I need to do more testing when my screen protector arrives.

Morris Lee

Guest Koki1337

Partially it is :P

Thermionic emission is the emission of electrons from a metal surface after a certain temperature due to gaining of kinetic energy from heat

Since capacitive touch screens are doped semiconductors, I think that the internals of the phone actually emitted electrons to the inside of the capacitive touch screen

Screen protectors didn't help me at all, it still moves.

Another guess would be the background radiation (noise), which is weird because it happens even when I'm on my bed, in the cafe, etc.

Edited by Koki1337

Guest Koki1337
So I am thinking is the a type of material that cancels/blocks the electrons? Put a layer in the back of the lcd and block them!!

Crazy idea to put something there though. What/how do you wanna put in?

Might interfere with the heat distribution

Guest Morris Lee
Crazy idea to put something there though. What/how do you wanna put in?

Might interfere with the heat distribution

I don't think it will be too bad

Guest Koki1337
I don't think it will be too bad

Might harm the device...

I found out that one the LCR-F (on the Liquid E with the bin file that LCR-F is based on) while I'm dragging down the scroll bar on contacts, somehow the notification bar jumps.

By the way another theory is did you guys try setting sensitivity to about 50 and noise to 10?

Since low/small numbers means higher sensitivity, does high noise sensitivity means it detects more noise to be cancelled out???

Just my guess, correct me if there's a misconception.

Guest Morris Lee

So I was looking for a material that might beable to block the static from the internal components, I thought of ati static bag. It does block the sensitivity when it was above the screen at 75/75, but at 20/50, it is actually creating a negative effect