Problem with charging the battery

Guest rafithegreat

Guest rafithegreat

So, I left the phone on charge all night. In the morning the LED was green as it was supposed to be, yet as soon as I disconnected the phone from the charger, it registered 92% on the battery logo.. Why is this, and how can I deal with it?

Another problem is the battery drains pretty fast, and this is with using SetCPU.. I can probably get about 5 hours of heavy usage.. Quite a pain.

Another problem is heating - It heats up pretty fast when playing music and running any other app.

And one more thing - I used ChompSMS, but apparently the phone was double-sending texts.. What could be causing this?

Thanks a bunch :)

Guest Zlatko Stamatov
So, I left the phone on charge all night. In the morning the LED was green as it was supposed to be, yet as soon as I disconnected the phone from the charger, it registered 92% on the battery logo.. Why is this, and how can I deal with it?

Another problem is the battery drains pretty fast ...

I have the same problem with the battery.

Edited by Zlatko Stamatov

Did you try wiping the battery data?

Advanced settings in Clockwork or somewhere similar. I don't remember at this moment.

Edited by bpivk

Guest BashyUK

Another problem is the battery drains pretty fast, and this is with using SetCPU.. I can probably get about 5 hours of heavy usage.. Quite a pain.

Another problem is heating - It heats up pretty fast when playing music and running any other app.

And one more thing - I used ChompSMS, but apparently the phone was double-sending texts.. What could be causing this?

Thanks a bunch :)

Which ROM? Some take a few 'loads' to sort themselves out, also as stated elsewhere, wipe battery stats via the advanced menu in CM.

Also have you ever calibrated the battery? Look at my post, it's in the thread re: Alex-V 1.7 ROM a bit further down.

Guest rafithegreat

It's a custom Hebrew version of LeeDroid, with whatever kernel he used, with the latest radio.. Will try wiping battery data.. Hope it works. Any info re. other problems I stated?

Thanks!

Guest shokka9

To quickly calibrate....i think u need to:

1. With Desire already powered on. charge till green light comes on, then disconnect cable, then power off

2. Whilst powered off, connect cable, wait for green light. After green light, disconnect cable, then power on

Repeat steps 1 & 2 again, then should be good to go.

I was super dubious this would work for me. But it did, i don't use my Desire much, but it goes 3 days with light usage.

I was also informed that it is best to do this 'calibration' after flashing a new ROM or any other major change to the Desire.

Good luck

Guest Diggedy

this is actually normal. HTC have it where the battery will charge to 100% and drain off to 89% before charging again (unless you remove the charger and plug it back in) Its some sort of overcharging protection. Some custom roms have the kernel changed to stop this from happening but im not sure if any of the sense roms have it yet

I have just replied in another topic, but just in case will repeat it here again:

it's absolutely normal behaviour. install JuicePlotter (free app) and see how the battery voltage changes. usually it charges all the way to the 100%, then waits for a couple hours, then drops the voltage to about 92-95% and starts conditioning battery, recharging back to 100% for another 30-40 minutes.

so, there's about 25-30% probability you unplug the phone while this conditioning process takes place, hence the small drop in the voltage.

post-709269-1287908952_thumb.png

Edited by lenik