HD7 unlocked for $25 usd

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Found a site that listed the HD7 as unlockable, most don't mention it in their handset lists. Entered my IMEI, computer said yes, paid my $25 by paypal (about £16 ) and a whole 8 MINUTES later got my code emailed to me. Tested on t-mobile PAYG, handset works fine, even prompts to update operator settings.

http://www.HTCimeiUnlock.com/

no affiliation to me blah blah blah....

Hope this helps someone ;-)

M.S

I presume the o2 branding remains after the unlock?

not a massive problem, just wondered.

Yeah but that's to be expected. This is just an 8 digit code unlock like a network would give you and doesn't reset or wipe the phone or load any software like the xda-dev hacks to unlock usually do. Not much branding on it anyway tbh.

M.S

I presume the o2 branding remains after the unlock?

not a massive problem, just wondered.

Yeah, there's a generic RUU floating around though, so a goldcard might let you flash it?

P

The O2 branding is LITERALLY the boot screen only tho...

P

And the dome o2 arena picture. And their blue theme. But the rom still has other operator settings in it ;-)

M.S

Yeah, there's a generic RUU floating around though, so a goldcard might let you flash it?

P

Got the generic rom - how's an SD goldcard gonna work with no micro SD access?

Back in the day I always thought of a goldcard to be a programmable sim not an SD, for use with satellite decoder boxes - has anyone started to develop a programmable test sim type goldcard?

M.s

No code available for my phone as yet, guess I'm in a waiting game for now.

Gutted. Got mine in 10 mins, as have others on xda-devs. They use a code sheet i.e not generated and may not have the updated codes yet. When you entered IMEI before paying did it say it was available?

M.S

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Guest Killian
No code available for my phone as yet, guess I'm in a waiting game for now.

Now that's what I didn't want to hear :P I'm going to be picking one up on Thursday and hoping to use my Tmob contract with it. If I can't get it unlocked how easy is it to return the phone? Will they take it back no questions asked or am I screwed?

Now that's what I didn't want to hear :P I'm going to be picking one up on Thursday and hoping to use my Tmob contract with it. If I can't get it unlocked how easy is it to return the phone? Will they take it back no questions asked or am I screwed?

They have to take it back no questions asked. Your refund may take a few days though dependant on cash or card. If cash you usually get a cheque theough the post. You never know, your hd7 may be on their list and available.

M.S

Guest Killian
They have to take it back no questions asked. Your refund may take a few days though dependant on cash or card. If cash you usually get a cheque theough the post. You never know, your hd7 may be on their list and available.

M.S

That works for me. Need to make sure I can pick it up in a shop now though as I really don't want the hassle of messing around with posting things. If I do pick it up from a store quite a way away, does it need to be returned back to that store should I decide not to keep it or can you take it back to any o2 store?

That works for me. Need to make sure I can pick it up in a shop now though as I really don't want the hassle of messing around with posting things. If I do pick it up from a store quite a way away, does it need to be returned back to that store should I decide not to keep it or can you take it back to any o2 store?

Any o2 store would be fine to refund. TBH if you find one and can't unlock it I'd put it on eBay ;-)

M.S

Guest Bibbleq
And the dome o2 arena picture. And their blue theme. But the rom still has other operator settings in it ;-)

M.S

Its also the Yahoo search from pocket IE - that's the bit that annoys me most of all

Incidentally I got mine unlocked by sending the IMIE to O2 via a friends account. Got 3 replies saying they couldn't unlock it as the phone wasn't valid but then the 4th worked. I think it depends who answers the query at the other end.

Guest Killian

I've just been sent mine from

http://www.unlocking SPAM link removed.co.uk/HTC/HD7/

Ordered last Thursday (when the phone arrived - ordered from 02.co.uk) but got an email saying not available and an 'agent' would get back to me. Heard back a while later saying they couldn't get the key but they would continue to check the IMEI every day until available and email me either way each day. Alternatively I could of had a refund but chose to leave it and see. Had an email everyday since and finally got my code today!

Would assume that means every other DB will be updated but not sure how it works plus it depends on when yours was manufactured. My handset only came last week but god only knows how long it was sat at the o2 warehouse.

Edited by Killian

Guest Killian

However I'm posting the site its saying SPAM link removed..... hmm.

It's "mobile" "unlock" (...uk) if anyone wants to give it a go.

Edited by Killian

• 3 months later...
Guest Qwertzycoatl
Fine!!!

Is this method for unlocking HTC mobiles are safe ?

Last week, i unlock my HTC HD2 model mobile, through this site http://www.prounlocking.com/unlock-your-phone/rs8wp2/

It has the easy instructions and new methods for unlocking mobile phones...........

My WORD they are expensive!

$45 to unlok a ZTE Blade and in 2-4 working days?

I paid (stupid I know as there are now free methods) $2 for my Blade unlock and it was done in under 10 minutes!

Definitely worth checking out alternatives to those prices!