Do you want a spare battery?

Guest jsplace

Yes, that's what I was meaning.

If a VAT registered entity does the import, then they can claim the import-VAT back (so its not part of the 'cost' that has to be passed on). BUT they do have to charge VAT when they sell on, and VAT-registered user-buyers can then reclaim that VAT.

Wont be able to cater for that so anyone who is VAT registered will have to live with not being able to claim back the £2.23 to £2.97 that would be VAT

Guest kissofjudas

the more I experience this phone, and the more I read about problems makes me glad I didn't waste too much money

virtually no support if you have problems. will run it for a while then fleabay it

Wrong size, it does not fit in the battery bay, by about 2mm...

And you could try ZTE, although bear in mind that they don't manufacture the batteries themselves, I approached the company that makes the batteries for them and was told that they cannot supply me as they are under contract to ZTE.

What mAh is the battery and how are the dimensions different? (smaller or bigger and does it effect length or thickness?).

Guest speakeasy
the more I experience this phone, and the more I read about problems makes me glad I didn't waste too much money

virtually no support if you have problems. will run it for a while then fleabay it

The longer I have the phone, the happier I am with it.

And I speak as a smartphone user of 5 years (3 or 4 different HTCs @ around £400 each)

• 2 months later...
Guest richardtkemp

So this is basically not happening? I'd anyone is still investigating this, I for one could really go for an extended battery. While the battery life me this device far surpasses my old HTC dream, bigger is always better. It annoys me that manufacturers almost without fail seem to value aesthetics over function in this department.

Guest Matty-p
So this is basically not happening? I'd anyone is still investigating this, I for one could really go for an extended battery. While the battery life me this device far surpasses my old HTC dream, bigger is always better. It annoys me that manufacturers almost without fail seem to value aesthetics over function in this department.

sounds stupid but you can buy a sanfran for what £80 someone could easily calf one up for spare parts and make a profit.

£9.99 back cover

£39.99 toch screen

£19.99 battery

£14.99 original charger,usb cable and headphones

£4.99 memory card

£9.99 outher stuff like buttons chrome strip , mobo ect

total

£100 = £20 profit

Guest Arr Too

I like this bit best:

Having spoken to a guy in Orange sales it seems unlikely that anyone is likely to manufacture spare batteries as the expected sales volume is quite low.

;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest richardtkemp

For everyone's reference, extra batteries are now being made and sold on ebay (from Taiwan, obviously..), they even come with a separate battery dock thing for an extra £2. I found this while looking for an extended battery option, so won't be buying myself, but will leave it here for others' reference. The base price is £14, plus £4 postage, plus optional £2 for the 'with charger' option.

Link available for 15 days or so:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-ZTE-Blade-V880-O...=item3a62544d0f

If that is dead, you should be able to find it by searching for "zte blade battery". The seller is wifigadget88. Hope this helps some. I also hope sales of this encourage someone to produce a larger battery!

• 1 month later...
Guest jonathan bowley

sorry for resurrecting an old thread but i found an extended battery for the Blade on the Mugen Batteries website. it's described as "Mugen Power 1400mAh Extended Battery for Softbank 003Z Libero / ZTE P729B / Orange San Francisco".

i used Mugen extended batteries on my G1 (3900mAh) but i am unsure as to the benefits of 1400mAh hover 1250mAh. i'm not entirely sure the cost to benefit ratio is justifiable.

anybody have any experience with this battery?

Edited by jonathan bowley

• 1 month later...

Looking at the thread Mugen do the biggest replacement and that's at 1400mah - I'm no expert, anyone know what sort of improvement that might give?

Looking at the thread Mugen do the biggest replacement and that's at 1400mah - I'm no expert, anyone know what sort of improvement that might give?

Guest pa49

A number of after market batteries have been labled with a certain "higher" capacity only to have been found to be the same as the original So beware.

This is no reflection on any particular product, just a statement of users observations across many brands.