Arranged for an Orange return, failed power button, how's the exchange work?

Guest Winston69

Guest Winston69

Can't suss out how the exchange works as the orange returns department are the strangest bunch of people I have ever spoken too!

I'm sure he said to take the back off the phone, take at the battery, sim card and memory cards and just to exchange to 'main body' of the phone with the people that bring the new mobile

Seems very strange to me???

I just want a new handset, surely i'd send it back to them as it was received and get a brand new box with a new phone in it???

Has anybody experienced this before, should of just gone to an Orange shop to exchange it but guess it's too late now after going through 3 phone calls to get somebody who doesn't try to get me to 'Factory reset the phone'!!! Lol, they won't understand that it's not bloody that, i'm not even running the standard ROM for gods sake

Any rant over but i'm not too happy with the durabilty of this handset as it's only one week old :P

Guest StevenHarperUK

That's the Orange standard, a courier will bring a new main BODY of a phone, anything that is user removable will not be in the replacement,

You WILL have to be there in person, not someone else (and sign for it).

That's it : the new body WILL be brand new - not refurbished.

(obviously if you can get it back to a standard ROM you should)

Edited by StevenHarperUK

Guest bear807

no worries returing is very easy,sometimes it depends, i exchange mine last week, there is nothing really wrong with it but i got something wrong when flashing the thing but the phone still work, take it back to the shop and they ask me to ring up for an exchange code. Obviously thats not the case for some other people, they get exchange immediatly, after sometime i think the sales went fed up and say will exhange the handeset with me, just keep saying quality defects and if the store get busier you get higher chance of exchanging it too,because there is a guy who instrested in the same phone get turn down after seeing me returning the phone lmao. you would need to get everything in, and like what above said is all brand new, they basiclly take back the whole box and exchange the phone number sticker and give you a brand new set! :P thats good isn't it

When I had mine replaced the courier turned up with a new boxed SF. I'd taken everything out of the phone (battery, SD, SIM) and he just wanted the phone and the battery.

I ended up with 2 SD cards & chargers after the swap. If he asks for the battery just make sure the replacement has one before you sign...

Guest magicpork
When I had mine replaced the courier turned up with a new boxed SF. I'd taken everything out of the phone (battery, SD, SIM) and he just wanted the phone and the battery.

I ended up with 2 SD cards & chargers after the swap. If he asks for the battery just make sure the replacement has one before you sign...

same here....i ended up with 2 sd cards...2 chargers..2 cables and 2 batteries... :D the delivery guy just took my old phone and didnt even look what's inside...

my old phone wasn't really faulty....it was the wifi on/off issue bugging me..and i guess it's normal after reading some posts here... :P

Edited by magicpork

Guest lovelldr

Hi.

So, when you did the return, how old was your phone?! Did you buy it online or from a shop?!

Also, what was the problem?! Just wondering, as mine seems to be having a problem with the power button, but it just seems to be the crap case... If I take the case off, and press the power button, it works fine. But, with the case on, I have to push in a certain position. When I first had the phone, it never had this problem...

Guest Winston69
Hi.

So, when you did the return, how old was your phone?! Did you buy it online or from a shop?!

Also, what was the problem?! Just wondering, as mine seems to be having a problem with the power button, but it just seems to be the crap case... If I take the case off, and press the power button, it works fine. But, with the case on, I have to push in a certain position. When I first had the phone, it never had this problem...

Mine was exactly the same problem that you're experiencing and it got so bad I couldn't hardly turn the screen on. I bought it over the phone and it was 10 days old

Guest lovelldr
Mine was exactly the same problem that you're experiencing and it got so bad I couldn't hardly turn the screen on. I bought it over the phone and it was 10 days old

It's weird... Mine is working perfectly fine this morning now?! Anyone else who has had same problems?!

Guest igors_s

mine's starting to develop the problem. the power button would click but not register with the phone. To get it to work you have to press rather damn hard, way past the click.

Deciding whether to change the phone or not. Everything else seems good.

Guest Chrishas

Does the courier check anything about the phone?like screen,theback? and if after the exchange they find sth that voids the warranty can they do anything?

Can i just how anyone was able to get an exchange, ive rang orange 3 times today and theyve said everytime the only thing i can do is return the phone, wait for refund and re-order?!?!?

Guest igors_s

Took me 3 calls, (they kept promising to call me back).

First guy said the IMEI needs to be registered, he'll call back in 30-40 min.

2 hours later... nothing. I rang again.

Second guy said i need to wait 24 hours before applying for replacement. could not get me off the phone, promised to check with manager and call back.

An hour later i called again. This time it was better, after explaining the problem 4-5 times. He agreed to send replacement next day in the evening time slot (6 to 10pm).

At half past 6 a courier arrived, scanned the old phone, checked that the everything was taken out (including back cover) and gave me the new phone.

That's it. quite easy and painless. apart from orange phone support.

As far as i can tell the phone is brand new, the screen cover is intact and there are no markings whatsoever on it.

Guys,

How did you manage to return you phone? I called 450 yesterday, who sent me over to faults. They said I had to wait 24 hours to do the reutrn. I call back today and 450 say I need to talk to Channel Returns on 0800 079 0103 (as the phone is under 28 days old), I just called them and there's just an answering machine saying we are only open Monday to Friday 9 till 6 :)

Guest igors_s
Guys,

How did you manage to return you phone? I called 450 yesterday, who sent me over to faults. They said I had to wait 24 hours to do the reutrn. I call back today and 450 say I need to talk to Channel Returns on 0800 079 0103 (as the phone is under 28 days old), I just called them and there's just an answering machine saying we are only open Monday to Friday 9 till 6 :)

Keep on calling them. the 24 hour thing is bullshit. Just something to get rid of you.

i was told to wait 24 hours, called back and they set up next day delivery for me.

It's all about getting a good sensible person on the other end.

Keep on calling them. the 24 hour thing is bullshit. Just something to get rid of you.

i was told to wait 24 hours, called back and they set up next day delivery for me.

It's all about getting a good sensible person on the other end.

thanks, was this through 450 or channel returns?

Orange CS is utterly dreadful.

thanks, was this through 450 or channel returns?

Orange CS is utterly dreadful.

I called Channel Returns again and it connected, they then placed me through CS again. Luckily I got a useful CS guy, and they are sending a replacement. Not holding my breathe!

Guest Gibbo501

My power button failed yesterday. I noticed pressing it wouldn't put it in standby.

I removed the battery just in case it needed a reset. It came on after a few presses but again wouldn't go into standby.

I removed the battery again but now it won't power on.

Edited by Gibbo501

Guest Gibbo501

Just a quick update to let you know how I got on.

Rang Orange at around 08:50, spoke to a guy and explained the problem. He asked if there'd be someone home between 1 and 5 to do an exchange. I said no, so he scheduled a 6-10 appointment. By 6.15 last night a very pleasant guy did the exchange and I have a nice new phone (albeit with my SIM, battery, SD card and back).

So, an exchange within 10 hours, although it could have been much less. Can't fault Orange, especially as I thought they'd treat PAYG customers as second class citizens.

• 10 months later...

hi Guys,

needed a bit of help here. do the orange call center guys ask when the handset has been bought, or do they check what the fault is and arrange for a replacement?

any help in dealing with these guys will be appreciated.

regards,nitsy