HD7

Guest nsaspooks

Guest nsaspooks

It seems like a conspiracy, but all the new windows phone 7's have fixed memory. There is no option for your micro-sd card and you have only the choice of 8 or 16Gb devices.I can only guess Microsoft has restricted memory size too.

Microsoft believe in freedom and liberty for all so long as your WM7 phone does not exceed 16Gb :P

If microsoft are hoping to compete against Apple then they have failed before they start. Apple offer 8-16 and 32Gb devices.

I hate Zune, and why no compatability with outlook! Only way around it is to copy all your outlook files and transfer them to windows live.

OK It was pretty easy to personalize my HD7 but for one thing!! Ringtones, yes they give you a choice of a few million :D but I want my own mp3 ringtones. Why no mp3 editor or facility to put in your own ringtones.

Maybe Microsoft have left it out on purpose so they cannot be charged with aiding and abetting copyright infringement while I trim up my new ringtone from some chart hit :D

Build quality is as expected! Great! just a shame they did not follow through with a metal battery cover like on the HD2.

Guest awarner

At least the O2 version is 16Gb others are reported at only being 8Gb.

But according to reports here and on other sites technically you can change the memory is you want to pay around £70 for a 32Gb but it will hard reset your device.

• 1 month later...
Guest Deano019S

You seriously complain too much.

If you have a think, you will notice that when the iPhone first came out, it did NOT have a lot of features as it does now. Same thing with Windows Phone.

So stop complaining.

Guest excalibur1814
It seems like a conspiracy.......

Hardly, MS wanted a stable platform to release it's OS onto. As all the phones are pretty much the same, they could be sure that everything would be fine with no speed differences as I'm sure that some oems would have release 600Mhz devices, 4Gb storage, all the usual silly things.

Anyway, the phones are now unlocked and 'if' you decided to do so, you can update the memory at your own risk.

• 1 month later...

agreed with awarner. but also really no one does use that much storage. who listens to 8 or 16GB of music per day? no one - just delete and add as required! plus most people use MP3 players for music...not phones :lol: