Possible Bricked Nexus One

Guest Peanut_One

Guest Peanut_One

Hi all,

I've spent hours doing research before writing and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, which brings me to finally asking all of the smarter people. I bought a new Nexus One recently as a development handset. It came with Froyo 2.2. I wanted to root the phone, which was successful using the superboot for FRF91. I was still unable to flash the CM Recovery or the RANexusOne due to the 0.35.0017 bootloader. I attempted to pass it an older version of the bootloader using the PASSIMG.zip method. I was able to successfully flash the bootloader, but now I get nothing. When the phone is plugged in, I get the charging light, but nothing else. When turned on, the phone vibrates once, waits about 45 seconds, and then vibrates once again. I have no screen (no logos or anything...just a blank screen), no communication, etc with the phone. I'm on a mac. The phone doesn't show up with adb devices or fastboot devices, etc. I'm sort of at a loss on what to do. Did I break it beyond repair? Does it seem like I need to send it back to google? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

~P

Guest skreamz
Hi all,

I've spent hours doing research before writing and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, which brings me to finally asking all of the smarter people. I bought a new Nexus One recently as a development handset. It came with Froyo 2.2. I wanted to root the phone, which was successful using the superboot for FRF91. I was still unable to flash the CM Recovery or the RANexusOne due to the 0.35.0017 bootloader. I attempted to pass it an older version of the bootloader using the PASSIMG.zip method. I was able to successfully flash the bootloader, but now I get nothing. When the phone is plugged in, I get the charging light, but nothing else. When turned on, the phone vibrates once, waits about 45 seconds, and then vibrates once again. I have no screen (no logos or anything...just a blank screen), no communication, etc with the phone. I'm on a mac. The phone doesn't show up with adb devices or fastboot devices, etc. I'm sort of at a loss on what to do. Did I break it beyond repair? Does it seem like I need to send it back to google? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

~P

silly Q, but do you get anything if you (while power is off) hold down the mouse ball and turn on phone, keep holding the ball down untill you get the boot loader screen. (thats if i remember correctly).

Edited by skreamz