FREE SIM unlock codes for Orange San Francisco and ZTE Blade

Guest Arr Too

Unlocked my phone y-day, no problems & took 1 min to do this, thanks for sharing links !

BTW. free unlock was actually final thing which convinced me to buy SF ( had T-mo Pulse but lost it ) and looks like i'll be buying another one for my GF ( Christmas present ) as she loves the screen ...

regards

This method doesn't work with my HTC Desire from Romania. Network Orange. :P

This forum (and the advice in this thread) is for the ZTE Blade, also known as the Orange San Francisco. You have a different model of phone - try the HTC Desire forum instead.

Got my phone today, but the Code did not work... (and yes, I checked my IMEI about 20 times)

Also the unlock screen looks different from the one in the posted video.

Any ideas?

(Only got one try left ... )

Model number:

Orange San Francisco

Firmware version

2.1-update1

Baseband version

P729BB01

Kernel version

zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Build number

OUK_P729BV1.0.0B05

Edited by Krain

Guest Arr Too

Does it still say "SIM network unlock PIN"? Or something else? If it is asking for the SIM PIN (rather than the network unlock PIN) then you've set a PIN on the SIM you're trying to use and you have to enter that first (4 digits?).

Ahhh! Thank you so much!

Everything works fine and I made a fool of myself (and now I can finally calm down). I just forgot that I did use a pin on my old phone.

So grateful, was just too excited about this wonderfull phone!

BTW if I put in the old Orange sim card *still got 20P on it* would that cause some kind of problem? As I recall the unlock is permanet...

Edited by Krain

Guest Arr Too
I just forgot that I did use a pin on my old phone.

Don't worry -- I did exactly the same thing!

As I recall the unlock is permanet...

As far as we know, yes. There are some ROMs around that don't look for the network lock status so the phone appears to be unlocked on them and locked again on (say) the standard Orange ROMs, but once you're unlocked all ROMs will see that.

Hey guys

I got my Oranage San Francisco yesterday. Flashed a custom ROM onto it. Anyway, just 5 minutes ago I dedcided to unlock the phone, however I didn't need to enter a SIM unlock code when I booted my phone with a new SIM. Funny thing is, the SIM actually works fine and it's T-Mobile! I'm assuming if you have a custom ROM you do not need to insert an unlock code? I'm not complaining :P Thanks for the guide!

Edited by Guest

Guest Arr Too
I'm assuming if you have a custom ROM you do not need to insert an unlock code?

As mentioned a couple of posts above, some ROMs do not check for a network SIM lock, e.g. the Froyo leak and the Finnish 2.1. Based on this, it's possible that one day somebody will find the bit(s) to twiddle on other ROMs and then it won't actually be necessary to do the real unlocking.

Edit: Finnish 2.1 (not Hungarian).

Edited by Arr Too

As mentioned a couple of posts above, some ROMs do not check for a network SIM lock, e.g. the Froyo leak and the Hungarian 2.1 (I think). Based on this, it's possible that one day somebody will find the bit(s) to twiddle on other ROMs and then it won't actually be necessary to do the real unlocking.

Ok, I'll restore my old Oranage backup from the recovery and unlock it permanently so I don't have to worry about it later. Thanks for the quick reply! :P

Edited by Guest

Guest Arr Too
just wondering if anybody recommends this as dont fancy making the warranty void.

Personally I'd use the FREE unlock code rather than something potentially dodgy like this.

Guest leetalb

Hi all.

I think this is my first post! I've been lurking on the Pulse forum for ages now (since it first came out) and I've just jumped ship and got the Orange San Fransisco about an hour ago. I took it out of the box, followed the instructions and it's now unlocked!! It took about 2 minutes and I now have my t-mo SIM in it.

Thanks loads for the link. I just need to figure out the APN settings now, ut I'm sure I've seem some instructions for that so I'll have look. I was sure there was some way you get the settings sent to your phone from t-mo by texting them an instruction but can't remember.

Only problem now is having an orange SIM with £20 on it sat doing nothing!

Anyway, thanks again. Top stuff!!

Guest reeve_91
Hi all.

I think this is my first post! I've been lurking on the Pulse forum for ages now (since it first came out) and I've just jumped ship and got the Orange San Fransisco about an hour ago. I took it out of the box, followed the instructions and it's now unlocked!! It took about 2 minutes and I now have my t-mo SIM in it.

Thanks loads for the link. I just need to figure out the APN settings now, ut I'm sure I've seem some instructions for that so I'll have look. I was sure there was some way you get the settings sent to your phone from t-mo by texting them an instruction but can't remember.

Only problem now is having an orange SIM with £20 on it sat doing nothing!

Anyway, thanks again. Top stuff!!

i know i will have £10 on an orange sim card i wont be using; any suggestions anyone?

i know i will have £10 on an orange sim card i wont be using; any suggestions anyone?

Some charities allow you to send a text to a shortcode and they will take £x of your airtime credit as a donation - you could give it to one of them?

Guest Damon3333

Hi,

I am having problems unlocking my Orange San Francisco and would appreciate any help.

I used the calculator linked in this forum to generate my unlock code but my phone said it was wrong. So I rechecked my IMEI number and it was correct, I then re-entered the the unlock code very carefully a second time but it still said it was wrong.

I then got the unlock code from NCK just to be sure but they gave me the same code.

I only have one try left now and don't know what to do. Any ideas????

Is it possible that the unlock codes have changed? I only received the phone a week ago.

Also what happens if I get it wrong a third time? Is there any way to reset the attempts at unlocking or any other way to unlock the phone.

Thanks in advance for your help

Damon