FREE SIM unlock codes for Orange San Francisco and ZTE Blade

Guest Arr Too

Guest FyodorNinian

Thanks for all the work and advice in this thread - much appreciated.

I just bought a San Fransico as a Christmas present. Went through the unlock proceedure, worked fine - got the confirmation screen that the unlock was successful. Set about linking it to a gmail address and half way through a pop up screen appeared stating 'Error validating phone number' - I can't get past it. I put a t-mobile sim in it as soon as it came out of the box. Any advice as to what I should try doing next would be gratefully received!!

Guest Arr Too

Are you in the UK? Perhaps the original operator (Orange?) is trying to validate your device first? So maybe pop that SIM back in and wait for some welcome texts?

Are you in the UK? Perhaps the original operator (Orange?) is trying to validate your device first? So maybe pop that SIM back in and wait for some welcome texts?

yeah, i'd say wait a few days...

they sent a huge amount of unneeded welcome texts ;)

Guest Martin D
Thanks for all the work and advice in this thread - much appreciated.

I just bought a San Fransico as a Christmas present. Went through the unlock proceedure, worked fine - got the confirmation screen that the unlock was successful. Set about linking it to a gmail address and half way through a pop up screen appeared stating 'Error validating phone number' - I can't get past it. I put a t-mobile sim in it as soon as it came out of the box. Any advice as to what I should try doing next would be gratefully received!!

The validating message is generated by the Orange Mail software I think - I uninstalled it and it went away

Guest FyodorNinian
The validating message is generated by the Orange Mail software I think - I uninstalled it and it went away

Thanks all for the replies.

Martin - how did you get past the validating message? I can't get past it - it won't let me go to the home page. The validating pop just offers the option to try again.

Is it a case of powering down, swapping the T-Mobile sim for an Orange SIM, power on, register a Gmail account, turn off, then swapping for the T-Mobile sim?

Edited by FyodorNinian

Guest jurrasstoil
  1. Now you should be prompted to enter the unlock code. Do it carefully!

I'm about to receive my SF and will have to unlock it.

Why do i have to do it carefully? What will happen if i enter a wrong unlock code?

Thanks in advance

Guest Arr Too
Why do i have to do it carefully? What will happen if i enter a wrong unlock code?

Because you only get a small number of attempts, so you need to make sure you put the correct IMEI in (usually OK, since not all numbers are valid) and then you need to make sure you enter the unlock code accurately.

Guest jurrasstoil

So, if i enter it wrong X times i won't be able to unlock it anymore or will it get locked or ...?

I'll be highly cautious of course, but having a little peace of mind won't hurt :)

Is it possible to restore the lock after an unlock? In case if i need to use the warranty of the phone, because i heard the mobile vendors are seeing if the phone is unlocked if they connect it to a pc.

Guest Martin D
Thanks all for the replies.

Martin - how did you get past the validating message? I can't get past it - it won't let me go to the home page. The validating pop just offers the option to try again.

Is it a case of powering down, swapping the T-Mobile sim for an Orange SIM, power on, register a Gmail account, turn off, then swapping for the T-Mobile sim?

Hi sorry didn't spot your question until now - I seem to remember I was able to get to settings, because I then used SystemApp Remover to uninstall Orange Mail to get rid of it. Can't check as I've since used r4 of the Froyo 2.2 ROM to update my handset it runs very nicely.

Guest Arr Too
Is it possible to restore the lock after an unlock?

No known method at present. It's something that may come as a by-product of stuff I'm looking at at the moment, but seeing as it's not illegal in the UK, there's no real reason to worry about it.

No known method at present. It's something that may come as a by-product of stuff I'm looking at at the moment, but seeing as it's not illegal in the UK, there's no real reason to worry about it.

The lock is meant to not to replace the network provider to another when you buy a cheaper locked phone. That's why it's cheaper, than the network independent. If you don't lose the warranty if you unlock, then what is the point of lock? It's useless then.

Guest protocold

sorry I have a stupid question.

Can i unlock the SF outside UK directly while on a non orange network? Or do I have to start the phone within the Orange UK network in order to unlock?

Guest Arr Too
Can i unlock the SF outside UK directly while on a non orange network? Or do I have to start the phone within the Orange UK network in order to unlock?

If you have no intention of ever using Orange then you should be OK. If, however, you might want to use their service at some point in the future then you are advised to start up with their SIM inserted and let the phone validate on their network (which involves waiting for a few initial texts and just reading then deleting them).