[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest nick_sub

Anyone else finding that Adfree Android isn't working? I know it has had a lot of updates recently so not sure if it's the app or the ROM (or something else entirely!)

Guest SimonTG01

So i found what i thought was an easier way of solving the caller display problem

it meant i didn't have to reflash, though it did reset my contacts to the google synced ones and lost call log...

adb shell rm /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db

abd push ContactProvider.apk system/app

adb reboot

once your contacts sync back to google all is well!

Simon

Guest Davie1888

Would it be possible for someone to make a zip fix for correcting the contacts display using clockwork, I can't get abd push to work and I'm not very confident using 7zip to edit the original file.

So i found what i thought was an easier way of solving the caller display problem

it meant i didn't have to reflash, though it did reset my contacts to the google synced ones and lost call log...

adb reboot

Simon

I get this: rm failed for /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db,

No such file or directory

I've never used adb,what did i do wrong?

(I've installed it.)

C:\>adb devices

List of devices attached

blade device

Guest steff.jay

adb reboot

Simon

what are the "steps" before adb shell? I recognize, there was a command to search for the phone first?

(I'm new to this, but learning by doing... :D )

thx

what are the "steps" before adb shell? I recognize, there was a command to search for the phone first?

(I'm new to this, but learning by doing... :D )

thx

Generally you run adb remount to remount the filesystem as read/write, which usually initiates the service and connects the device.

I get this: rm failed for /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db,

No such file or directory

I've never used adb,what did i do wrong?

(I've installed it.)

C:\>adb devices

List of devices attached

blade device

Try typing:

>adb shell ls /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/

and you should get a return of all your database-files in there.

I have now gone back to R5a.

Tried R6 for a day but found R5a was much better, have found most of the issues discussed here like Contacts not showing in calls etc.

I appreciate the amount of time Flibblesan spent in developing this rom where it is now.

Howe we will get a better build then R5a/R6 very soon.

Guest Hpman48

I`ve tried to fix the call id with the terminal app. Download the new ContactsProvider.apk to sdcard. Then i have cleared the application data (settings -> application -> contacts...)

In Terminal:

>su

>cd sdcard

>cp ContactsProvider.apk /system/app

>reboot

Then resync the contacts with google which brings all contacts back to the phone and it seems it works (hopefully not only for me). Maybe one of the more experience user can confirm it ?

Hpman

Edited by Hpman48

Try typing:

>adb shell ls /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/

and you should get a return of all your database-files in there.

It's done. There was a little mess up in the file names.

It seems to work fine,and it doesn't need to delete all user data. Thanks a lot!

Edited by Davey7

Guest thejeff

Excellent ROM, this r6. I wish I'd had it when I started playing Angry Birds. :D

The only thing that bugs me is that the lock screen always says "Phone is SIM Network Subset locked". I unlocked the phone on day 1 to use a Giffgaff SIM, which worked fine. I didn't get this message with the stock ROM or with the Modaco r5 Eclair ROM. Under FroYo the SIM still works for voice and internet, so I guess I don't need to worry about the message, but does anyone know what it's trying to tell me? I'm thinking of reflashing some of my friends' SFs for them and I don't want them worrying about this message.

I`ve tried to fix the call id with the terminal app. Download the new ContactProvide.apk to sdcard. Then i have cleared the application data (settings -> application -> contacts...)

In Terminal:

>su

>cd sdcard

>cp ContactProvider.apk /system/app

>reboot

Then resync the contacts with google which brings all contacts back to the phone and it seems it works (hopefully not only for me). Maybe one of the more experience user can confirm it ?

Hpman

Worked for me! Thanks a lot!

alpinestars

Flibblesan: I'm attempting to switch out the ZTE Smartdialer (SmartDialer.apk) in JJ-rls6 but I can't seem to find the stock one in your rom. What is it called?

Flibblesan: I'm attempting to switch out the ZTE Smartdialer (SmartDialer.apk) in JJ-rls6 but I can't seem to find the stock one in your rom. What is it called?

It's part of the Contacts.apk. You'll need to sift through that apk file on both roms and find the differences and attempt to port over what's changed.

Guest Davie1888
I`ve tried to fix the call id with the terminal app. Download the new ContactProvide.apk to sdcard. Then i have cleared the application data (settings -> application -> contacts...)

In Terminal:

>su

>cd sdcard

>reboot

Hpman

Tried this but I can't figure out how to work terminal :D , can't this be done with a update.zip?

In Terminal:

>su

>cd sdcard

>reboot

Hpman

Works beautifully, though I had to also clear contact storage data, but after that, works perfectly. Thanks man! You saved me SO much time reinstalling stuff from a full wipe haha.

Guest Hpman48
Tried this but I can't figure out how to work terminal :D , can't this be done with a update.zip?

terminal = Application "Terminal Emulator" Sorry i dont know how to write a update.zip script. My first problem would be to find the file which contains the data from the contact application :P.

The smart thing on that solution is you need only your phone and it is also not required to start the recovery image. Seems it works for other guys too.

Hpman

Just make sure you clear the user data for contacts and contacts storage and open Terminal Emulator, and just type whats in the post. Make sure you grant it superuser permissions though.

Guest jimmychan
Done all that guys, then called the phone but still only getting the number showing

After updating teh contacts Provider file..

I confirm I also get the number show up no ID.

Done all that guys, then called the phone but still only getting the number showing

That happened to me first time too. Try again, force close Contacts and Contact Storage, wipe the data, run those scripts, make sure you dont get any errors, and let us know if it works :D

Guest sudoeste

The solution was already posted by jonuwz a few pages ago.

On ubuntu:

sudo apt-get install sqlite3

adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases/contacts2.db .

sqlite3 contacts2.db

alter table raw_contacts add column mode_id INTEGER;

.exit

adb push contacts2.db /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/databases

(i've edited the comands as there was a typo).

Make shure you know the default user/group/permissions of the original file before adb push as you will need to restore the original user/group. If your like me and forget to check that just chmod 666 contacts2.db

This way you only have to reboot. you dont have to wipe / bla /bla

Edited by sudoeste

Guest Davie1888

YA DANCER!!! it worked guys thanks very much for all your help :P , the command says

But the apk file is ContactsProvider.

Happy as a pig in s*** now I have the perfect rom for me. :D :P B)