[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest strumluff
Fix for Wifi not re-connecting after sleep

Flash in recovery.

wpa_supplicant is the daemon that deals with wireless handshakes (amongst other things)

The handshake was failing. This is wpa_supplicant from another rom that works.

John

You rock I've been waiting for this fix for ages, didn't realise it worked in other roms. Initial testing shows wifi now reconnecting automatically and quickly. Will see if it stays this way :D

Guest Victor von Zeppelin
bump! :D

Delete any unneccesary apks from system/app before you flash it, and you'll be fine, I just run a minimal rom, and have all my apps in my bigger data partition.

Guest mobile579

Anyone having problems with very poor or none existent Signal Strength?

When I first got the phone I had no issue (it never showed the disconnected from network X in the notification bar - usually around 2 bars - was using Deorange r6) but since trying custom 2.2 roms I have had nothing but problems.

The phone shows the no signal icon I can then go to the connect to networks and reselect my network and the signal (albeit poor) is back - or after 10/20/30 seconds or so it will automatically reconnect. I know there is a good signal.

I have installed Signal Strength Widget (Free) from the Market and at times this shows a better signal than what the notification bar signal strength meter is showing.

When the X is being shown it does not allow any calls to be made - this has already caused me great problems by the phone not working when I really needed it.

TIA

Guest yggdrasil31
You rock I've been waiting for this fix for ages, didn't realise it worked in other roms. Initial testing shows wifi now reconnecting automatically and quickly. Will see if it stays this way :D

The wifi fix is working for me too !!! excellent !

Just one question : when i call using the standard dialer, i've noticed a vibration when the call is answered at the other side of the line. Is it a feature or a bug ? (i'm a total android noob, but i haven't noticed this behaviour with my stock 2.1 bouygues rom). Is it possible to disable this vibration ?

Is it also possible to disable the vibration when the phone is switched off ?

thanks for the great work on this rom !

Guest Len Ash

Worked for up to 45 mins of sleep then fell over just like all the previous ROMs and "fixes". On both my OLED R4 Eclair and TFT FLB Froyo...

Works well up until then though, but not a fix as such. Strangely, the reported status is now "disabled" rather than "not in range" as before. If that gives any clues....

Remember that WiFi sleeping is essential for battery life... my HTC phones work correctly in this respect.

Edited by Len Ash

Guest Frankish
sorry, me again, but the problem is still there. I've attached a pic to explain. On the phone the white text looks worse than in the pic, it is hardly readable.

Yeah i know i really can't get my head around it. I've done a diff on the styles.xml and there is nothing else i can change between mine and the 2.1 version. That's why i provided most with white menu's to help readability. The black ones are not quite right but people still wanted them.

Guest daniel2k10
Fix for Wifi not re-connecting after sleep

Flash in recovery.

wpa_supplicant is the daemon that deals with wireless handshakes (amongst other things)

The handshake was failing. This is wpa_supplicant from another rom that works.

John

Jonuwz, you are my hero :D - Really brilliant, wifi works perfectly now for me. Never had thought, that this is a software issue! Thank you very much!!

Guest Replicant2001
Anyone else have these issues with RLS6?

Touchpal doesn't work when dictionary is turned on

When I select the input method as 'touchpal' and also have the dictionary enabled to predict words and correct spelling, if I go to type anything the keyboard will close whenever a letter is pressed. If the dictionary is turned off, then touchpal works but obviously won't predict words or correct errors.

I'm experiencing this issue too. I didn't realise it could be "fixed" by turing of the dictionary, so thanks for that. Far from ideal, but at least I can text again.

Guest Junior Bear

just tried flashing r6 (i now have the latest clockwork mod installed) but it aborted bacuse it said its a bad file

im redownloading the .zip but has anybody else experienced this?

EDIT: for some reason, ive downloaded the r6 rom from the link in first post several times, and the download finishes but isnt complete

some are around 20mb other are less than 1000kb

whats going on?

really want this rom!

:D

Edited by Junior Bear

Amazing work flibblesan et al, many thanks for all your hard work!

Popped this on tonight & have been having a play & wondered if any one else has used the Speed Dial facility this ROM provides (hadn't seen the option in earlier versions)?

I've loaded mine in but the only one that works is "1" voicemail.

Is there something I'm not doing correctly?

Cheers, Paul

just tried flashing r6 (i now have the latest clockwork mod installed) but it aborted bacuse it said its a bad file

im redownloading the .zip but has anybody else experienced this?

EDIT: for some reason, ive downloaded the r6 rom from the link in first post several times, and the download finishes but isnt complete

some are around 20mb other are less than 1000kb

whats going on?

really want this rom!

:D

Try using the mirror link! But ALWAYS check the MD5.

Guest Ricksy75

i need a little help with the dialer/contacts, on my sf it only shows the names and without any of the phone numbers, i cannot see anywhere to enable to see names and numbers.

On a happier note i can connect to wifi whereas before it would drop saying disconnected, i did a fresh reflash then installed the wifi keep alive app with recommended settings, i then went into wireless settings and added a connection and it worked, previously i made the connection then added wifi keep alive and it would drop out, havnt tried the reconnect after sleep yet, great rom though.

Guest Dizador96

Excellent work but i came up with a problem. when contacts call me I only see their phone numbers not their names that exist in my contacts. Same when I call them. Pls fix that

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Excellent work but i came up with a problem. when contacts call me I only see their phone numbers not their names that exist in my contacts. Same when I call them. Pls fix that

This has been covered plenty of times already in the thread :D

I`ve tried to fix the call id with the terminal app. Download the new ContactsProvider.apk to sdcard. Then i have cleared the application data (settings -> application -> contacts...)

In Terminal:

>su

>cd sdcard

>cp ContactsProvider.apk /system/app

>reboot

Then resync the contacts with google which brings all contacts back to the phone and it seems it works (hopefully not only for me). Maybe one of the more experience user can confirm it ?

Hpman

OK so I went into clockwork and tried modaco rom but that boot looped. so I went into clockwork and wiped everything and its all good now :D awesome rom thanks flibble

before I apply the gingerbread theme let me check I have this right... do I just apply it via clockwork?

and am I ok to unlock the memory to 512 on this rom?

thanks

Anyone care to venture an answer please? dont want to nobble the phone

Guest Qwertzycoatl

Yip, the theme is flashed through clockwork :D

As for the 512mb flash I'm really not sure, have you checked you definitely don't have 512 already?

Yip, the theme is flashed through clockwork :D

As for the 512mb flash I'm really not sure, have you checked you definitely don't have 512 already?

the phones never showing more than 200 odd free in adv task killer.

and thanks on the theme :P

nevermind I was being a eeejit. I was looking in the wrong place I should have been looking at total system memory. So my phones already set to use its max memory :D now to do the GB theme :P

Guest ztebladeuser
Anyone else have these issues with RLS6?

Touchpal doesn't work when dictionary is turned on

When I select the input method as 'touchpal' and also have the dictionary enabled to predict words and correct spelling, if I go to type anything the keyboard will close whenever a letter is pressed. If the dictionary is turned off, then touchpal works but obviously won't predict words or correct errors.

hi, just confirming i've got the same problem with Touchpal and word prediction, it closes the kb whenever i press a character.

Guest gat2011
This has been covered plenty of times already in the thread :D

hi,

help appreciated for this noob,please.

i have tried installing the contactsprovider. i need to check i'm doing it correctly, please, as i'm still not getting caller name with the number.

when i'm in terminal it seems to be okay but after >cp ContactsProvider.apk/system/app i get a list which has 'options'. the list is made up of letters followed by commands. was i correct to just reboot?

i've tried several times, re synched, tried to force close the contacts app (which wouldn't delete the contacts data so i even did a fresh rom install after wiping cache, data etc!) i've tried all thar i can think of. i like this rom. it's quicker and smoother, than a couple of the others i tried. but i want to get that caller name! any idiot's guides would be most appreciated. thx.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
hi,

help appreciated for this noob,please.

i have tried installing the contactsprovider. i need to check i'm doing it correctly, please, as i'm still not getting caller name with the number.

when i'm in terminal it seems to be okay but after >cp ContactsProvider.apk/system/app i get a list which has 'options'. the list is made up of letters followed by commands. was i correct to just reboot?

i've tried several times, re synched, tried to force close the contacts app (which wouldn't delete the contacts data so i even did a fresh rom install after wiping cache, data etc!) i've tried all thar i can think of. i like this rom. it's quicker and smoother, than a couple of the others i tried. but i want to get that caller name! any idiot's guides would be most appreciated. thx.

The whole terminal as far as I am aware is case sensitive.

Make sure you have a space between ContactsProvider.apk and /system/app

I suppose it "could" be a permissions issue in which case you can enter the command:

su

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblk3 /system

cp ContactsProvider.apk /system/app

reboot

See if that works for you instead :D

Guest gat2011
The whole terminal as far as I am aware is case sensitive.

Make sure you have a space between ContactsProvider.apk and /system/app

I suppose it "could" be a permissions issue in which case you can enter the command:

su

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblk3 /system

cp ContactsProvider.apk /system/app

reboot

See if that works for you instead :D

thx v much.

however....when i put the space in, i get 'can't stat 'ContactsProvider.app' : No such file or directory' same with second suggestion

when i try it as before i get

BusyBox

Usage

Copy

Options

driving me mad....thx tho.

Guest Dizador96

Excellent rom but i faced a problem :D when my contacts call me, i see their numbers but not their names. Same thing when I call. Could you pls fix that? Thnx in advance