[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest tomatoface
That's the phones amplification hardware causing the hissing noise. Not sure if I can do anything about it but I'll take a look.

Great - Thanks very much.

Guest Rotmann
I'm still around. Working on r7 (again) with my phone this time so I can test it! Got a brand new kernel running with ondemand governor to improve battery life, cifs and tun support, EXT4 enabled and a lot of debug rubbish switched off. I'm going to spend the weekend going through this thread and work on the recent reported issues and I'll try and get a new rom released by the middle of next week.

So far I need to look at why TouchPal is crashing when the dictionary is selected, Google Voice Search crashing.. I'll look for other bugs too.

Woohooo, good news ;) . Waiting anxiously.

Guest The Soup Thief
I'm still around. Working on r7 (again) with my phone this time so I can test it! Got a brand new kernel running with ondemand governor to improve battery life, cifs and tun support, EXT4 enabled and a lot of debug rubbish switched off. I'm going to spend the weekend going through this thread and work on the recent reported issues and I'll try and get a new rom released by the middle of next week.

So far I need to look at why TouchPal is crashing when the dictionary is selected, Google Voice Search crashing.. I'll look for other bugs too.

Yay!

Great to see you back ;)

Guest the_zip_master

Great Rom - been using it for 3 weeks now without a hitch - battery life V good compared to 2.1

Noticed a small bug today:

Received a picture message and tried to reply with a picture message by attaching a new picture (menu - attach - capture picture).

Got the following error - ' the application Camera (process com.android.camera) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again' ' Force Close'

Any ideas???

Taking a picture and sharing it as a new MMS works fine, it's only when i use 'reply directly to a received message and capture a new photo that the error occurs??

Keep up the great work Flibblesan!

Zip

Guest madboffin

I'm very pleased that Flibblesan has decided to continue with developing and enhancing his ROM. I've found it to be the best ROM for my 'phone as it is stable and the longest lasting (of those I've tried) as far as battery life.

I look to a ROM to be above all be stable, the last thing I want is the 'phone to stop working just when I need it ! ( I had that with a early Windows Mobile which locked up just as I needed to make a 999 call !).

One small bug with FLB r6 is that if you put the 'phone into aircraft mode, when you "wake it" the lock screen displays a confusing message "No SIM Card. Emergency Calls Only" with an additional message under the clock "Please insert a SIM Card".

The first time I saw this it really confused me- would it be possible to change the message to something like "Airplane Mode ON" ?

Hope Frankish fixes his circular % battery indicator with black menus to work with updates of this ROM !

Please don't worry about the speed of delivering updates - retaining the stability and quality of this ROM is so much more important and discriminates this ROM from the rest !

Guest Simon O
I'm very pleased that Flibblesan has decided to continue with developing and enhancing his ROM. I've found it to be the best ROM for my 'phone as it is stable and the longest lasting (of those I've tried) as far as battery life.

I look to a ROM to be above all be stable, the last thing I want is the 'phone to stop working just when I need it ! ( I had that with a early Windows Mobile which locked up just as I needed to make a 999 call !).

One small bug with FLB r6 is that if you put the 'phone into aircraft mode, when you "wake it" the lock screen displays a confusing message "No SIM Card. Emergency Calls Only" with an additional message under the clock "Please insert a SIM Card".

The first time I saw this it really confused me- would it be possible to change the message to something like "Airplane Mode ON" ?

Hope Frankish fixes his circular % battery indicator with black menus to work with updates of this ROM !

Please don't worry about the speed of delivering updates - retaining the stability and quality of this ROM is so much more important and discriminates this ROM from the rest !

I believe Frankish should be resuming work on the themes soon.

Stability and performance are what I'm currently working on improving.

Guest aradalien

Anyone else use orange have cannot send picture sms but can on jellyfish

i love this rom im sad unless i get this to work just gets stuck on sending

forever.

Yeah, no changes planned for either of those two files. I was toying with the idea of adding a reboot option to the power button menu but I'm not totally sure how to do it and what files need editing. If it can be done without editing framework or services.jar then great.

I think the 0x90 mod adds this reboot option - maybe you could ask him / see in his files? But I haven't testet the 0x90 mod with FLB - just with JJ (and not using it at all because a current bug crashes some websites).

Btw: I love the idea of the power widget in the notification bar - do you plan to implement a feature like this in some version? ;)

Guest Geoff_UK

Very pleased to hear about the continued development of this rom - I'm using a fixed r6 at the moment and I find is very good indeed.

Keep up the good work !!

I think the 0x90 mod adds this reboot option - maybe you could ask him / see in his files? But I haven't testet the 0x90 mod with FLB - just with JJ (and not using it at all because a current bug crashes some websites).

Btw: I love the idea of the power widget in the notification bar - do you plan to implement a feature like this in some version? ;)

1. 0x90 Mod has Reboot and Reboot to Recovery options

2. 2.3 of the Mod was released today witch sould fix the website crash bug (i didn't have any problems on 2.2)

3. Why should he waste time on developing the power widget "a second time" if we just can use the mod? Maybe he could even link directly to the Mod

Guest Simon O

I'll leave the notification bar widget to 0x90 mod.

I've found a way to add the reboot option from looking at MCR. But since Paul made the app I'm not sure if I can add it to the rom. I'll have to ask him or find another way of adding reboot.

Guest m_w_clarke

Hi Flib,

I know you have only just started dev work on R7, but was just wondering if you think it will need a wipe from r6 to work?

Sorry if this question is being asked WAYYY to far in advance.

Thanks for your time.

Yo, Flib just wondered....any chance you can fix the sound on tv catchup? think the sync needs a fix too. Since the website issue I still got no sound.

Another issue I have is that my emails keep repeatedly arriving despite me having it set to check hourly, they seem to come much more frequently, sometimes the same alert again and again 4 or 5 times in a row.

Guest DrEzkimo
Yo, Flib just wondered....any chance you can fix the sound on tv catchup? think the sync needs a fix too. Since the website issue I still got no sound.

Another issue I have is that my emails keep repeatedly arriving despite me having it set to check hourly, they seem to come much more frequently, sometimes the same alert again and again 4 or 5 times in a row.

whats the catchup issue, is working with sound here?

Guest aradalien

I have an issue that sometimes if i use facebook or any other similar app

it cancels my gsm signal and it wont return until i let the phone sleep then

wake it up anone else had similar experince similar to that ?

Guest Simon O
Flib you using old update-script still for r7 or switching to an updater-script/update-binary type?

Just wondering if i should switch recovery ;)

I've been using the update binary for a while now so the rom is compatible with Clockwork 3.

Guest Simon O

Sound works if you either disable stagefright or delete two lib files mentioned earlier in the topic. r7 will come with stagefright disabled as it's faulty and doesn't provide any real performance advantages in it's current state. If it ever becomes possible to get updated and fixed stagefright libs then I'll add them to the rom and re-enable it. But until then it'll be disabled.

Currently tvcatchup works fine and the sync is almost perfect. Sometimes the actual stream will be out of sync which I've noticed on the computer too.

Guest Simon O
I have an issue that sometimes if i use facebook or any other similar app

it cancels my gsm signal and it wont return until i let the phone sleep then

wake it up anone else had similar experince similar to that ?

Does it kill the signal completely or do you just lose data?

Sound works if you either disable stagefright or delete two lib files mentioned earlier in the topic. r7 will come with stagefright disabled as it's faulty and doesn't provide any real performance advantages in it's current state. If it ever becomes possible to get updated and fixed stagefright libs then I'll add them to the rom and re-enable it. But until then it'll be disabled.

Currently tvcatchup works fine and the sync is almost perfect. Sometimes the actual stream will be out of sync which I've noticed on the computer too.

Any chance of using the 2.2.1 stagefright libs? I heard they're fixed. Would it be a big task to make them work on the blade with 2.2?

Guest aradalien

its kills the signal completely it only happens when wifi is active tho

its as if it turns the gsm signal off to use wifi only, and then only when

the phone goes into standyby and i wake it the signal returns.

Also i noticed where the gsm signal is it puts a tiny red cross in there.

Edited by aradalien

Guest Frankish

Half way through doing the themes for this rom already. You want to bundle a theme with the rom flib or are you leaving it as is?

EDIT:

Twatting twat i just noticed first post says test signed. Is the rom ACTUALLY test signed or platform signed? I've been platform signing my themes as that's the one Paul and kallte use. I'll re-sign with test key if needed though.

Edited by Frankish