[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Not that I know of. Why do you need to recalibrate the sensor though? I've never needed to do this to my phone.

Update: If you restore the ZTE dialer and contacts app then you should be able to use the ZTE codes. I've not got any update to do this but try the add-on for Japanese Jellyfish here http://www.mediafire.com/?6tb9fjeqnc397bt

Let me know if it works and I'll make and upload an FLB version of this update.

Hey all

Should the ZTE dialer look any different to the stock version flibblesan uses?

I flashed JJ's add-on to see if speed dial worked (which it didn't :huh: ) & was expecting the dialer to look different, is there anyway to confirm that I have updated correctly?

Cheers, Paul

Guest Saransh Agarwal
Which rom u used before? if not FLB u have to wipe!

hey i do performed a wipe and not only this rom but i tried 5 different roms each of them have the same problem that they get stuck on the startup please help guys these dell people are not even updating to froyo and i am using that old eclair

Guest Simon O
Hey all

Should the ZTE dialer look any different to the stock version flibblesan uses?

I flashed JJ's add-on to see if speed dial worked (which it didn't :huh: ) & was expecting the dialer to look different, is there anyway to confirm that I have updated correctly?

Cheers, Paul

The addon should have replaced the dialer with the ZTE dialer instead of the stock dialer and the ZTE contacts app that doesn't support facebook sync.

Guest Simon O
Ok, i give it another try:

@flibblesan:

How to TPT your Rom? Using the Jellyfish Image and then flashing your r10?

THANKS a lot!

Use the TPT files if you haven't resized your partition. If you have already resized then use the recovery mode to install the rom.

Guest PeterDreher
Use the TPT files if you haven't resized your partition. If you have already resized then use the recovery mode to install the rom.

Which TPT files are you refering to?

I only know the the TPT-Image from Jellyfish. There was everything included: ROM + partitioning.

But would like to know how to TPT your ROM right away!

Guest Qwertzycoatl
hey i do performed a wipe and not only this rom but i tried 5 different roms each of them have the same problem that they get stuck on the startup please help guys these dell people are not even updating to froyo and i am using that old eclair

Seeing as you have a Dell and this is for the ZTE Blade I'm not surprised it won't boot.

Chances are unless you can get abck into recovery then you might end up with a non booting phone.

If you did a backup then I suggest restoring that!

The addon should have replaced the dialer with the ZTE dialer instead of the stock dialer and the ZTE contacts app that doesn't support facebook sync.

Thanks flibblesan

Do both diallers look the same to the user?

Cheers, Paul

Guest targetbsp
Seeing as you have a Dell and this is for the ZTE Blade I'm not surprised it won't boot.

Chances are unless you can get abck into recovery then you might end up with a non booting phone.

If you did a backup then I suggest restoring that!

The Dell XCD35 is a ZTE Blade isn't it?

Guest Simon O
Thanks for the screenshot, I mustn't have flashed it correctly.

I'll try again

Cheers, Paul

You might find that you have Dialer showing in the app draw as well as Phone if it's installed right. Dialer should be the ZTE one.

You might find that you have Dialer showing in the app draw as well as Phone if it's installed right. Dialer should be the ZTE one.

Just tried again & actually read what Clockwork reported :huh:

Apparently "Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported... It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0... Please switch to Edify scripting... Installatoin aborted"

That's why it looked exactly the same :)

Hopefully that means something to you.

Like I said I was really looking for speed dial functionality, was there a battery drain issue with Dialer One?

Cheers, Paul

Guest Simon O
Just tried again & actually read what Clockwork reported :huh:

Apparently "Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported... It was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the ClockworkMod 3.0... Please switch to Edify scripting... Installatoin aborted"

That's why it looked exactly the same :)

Hopefully that means something to you.

Like I said I was really looking for speed dial functionality, was there a battery drain issue with Dialer One?

Cheers, Paul

Oh right. OK I'll package up a version myself and upload it.

Give this a shot: http://www.multiupload.com/5J8K4UC475

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Qwertzycoatl
The Dell XCD35 is a ZTE Blade isn't it?

In general terms it is yeah...(I think)

But not 100% the same...similar to the V880 installs that don't go well with Blade specific roms.

Guest Salsaholic
Which TPT files are you refering to?

I only know the the TPT-Image from Jellyfish. There was everything included: ROM + partitioning.

But would like to know how to TPT your ROM right away!

Why wait for another way and not install JJ9 using TPT, then just install FLB? While asking this here, you could have done that a few times :huh:

Alternatively, you can search for "blank" TPT files in this forum, but it would take longer, that thread seems to be rather far down by now.

BTW: I also did it "the JJ way" (but actually used JJ for some time), works fine.

Guest jasonXXx

@flibblesan

Is dt apps2sd fully gone now im just asking as i have found system/etc/init.d/40a2sd

are all the files in this dir app2sd excluding 80overclock and 99complete so can thay be removed? Also what is the /system/apps/updater.apk?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Baggy Pipes
found a bug, MP4 playback shows green bar at top of the screen :huh:

I'm still running r9b and I get the green bar at the top in videos so not a r10 specific issue.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
I'm still running r9b and I get the green bar at the top in videos so not a r10 specific issue.

Pretty sure it's stagefreight being enabled that causes it....it's been covered somewhere in the maze of threads :huh:

Guest Salsaholic

Can someone confirm R10 (+ addt'l update) fixed the WIFI issue and super user is also again / still working?

Wondering if I should update from 8a, which I am quite happy with. Any noticeable speed-up since then?

Edited by Salsaholic

Can someone confirm R10 (+ addt'l update) fixed the WIFI issue and super user is also again / still working?

Wondering if I should update from 8a, which I am quite happy with. Any noticeable speed-up since then?

Yes, yes, no noticable speed up. Plus the video player has a bug.

Guest dibbles

I have just installed the latest build 10 and I have found everything works that I have tried so far except for VM Heap Tool. When it is installed it will not run but just closes unexpectedly. At first it could not "open the shell". I removed it and rebooted and then installed it again. Now it just closes as I have noted.

I only wanted to change the heap size to 32, I assume that it is set to 24..?

Edited by dibbles