[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest pellonet
I have just installed the latest build 10 and I have found everything works that I have tried so far except for VM Heap Tool. When it is installed it will not run but just closes unexpectedly. At first it could not "create a shell". I removed it and rebooted and then installed it again. Now it just closes as I have noted.

I only wanted to change the heap size to 32, I assume that it is set to 24..?

Just looked at the 'build.prop' file & this shows it already set to 32.

Guest Simon O
I have just installed the latest build 10 and I have found everything works that I have tried so far except for VM Heap Tool. When it is installed it will not run but just closes unexpectedly. At first it could not "create a shell". I removed it and rebooted and then installed it again. Now it just closes as I have noted.

I only wanted to change the heap size to 32, I assume that it is set to 24..?

ROM is set to 32mb by default. Make sure superuser is working correctly as theres a small chance you may have downloaded r10 with the superuser bug which has been replaced.

Guest Baggy Pipes
Pretty sure it's stagefreight being enabled that causes it....it's been covered somewhere in the maze of threads :huh:

I thought that stagefright was disabled in this ROM anyway? I've not turned it on. Not even sure how to without searching around.

Guest Simon O
I thought that stagefright was disabled in this ROM anyway? I've not turned it on. Not even sure how to without searching around.

I re-enabled it a couple of versions back since it was preventing some games from working.

Guest dibbles
ROM is set to 32mb by default. Make sure superuser is working correctly as theres a small chance you may have downloaded r10 with the superuser bug which has been replaced.

Thanks for that and yes you was right :huh:

Even though the Superuser had granted rights to "setCPU" and Titinium backup" it had not asked the same for VM Heapsize. I did download the ROM when you reposted it after discovering the issue. I had grabbed mine from the megaupload link. However after applying your fix superuser.zip it immediately asked me if I wished to grant the application superuser rights, which I did, and then it worked.

Guest Baggy Pipes
I re-enabled it a couple of versions back since it was preventing some games from working.

I did a search for 'stagefright' on the first page and it shows up as 'stagefright still disabled' under r8 known issues. Not mensioned in later versions on that page.

Guest jasonXXx
@flibblesan

Is dt apps2sd fully gone now im just asking as i have found system/etc/init.d/40a2sd

are all the files in this dir app2sd excluding 80overclock and 99complete so can thay be removed? Also what is the /system/apps/updater.apk?

Thanks in advance.

bumb

Guest Simon O
bumb

Yep, back to the older a2sd as it worked for everyone. The 80overclock file can be removed if you dont want to overclock but leave 99complete. Updater.apk is probably from the original Froyo rom, probably to do with over the air updates, which somehow remained on the system. It's small enough not to cause any issues though.

Guest jasonXXx
Yep, back to the older a2sd as it worked for everyone. The 80overclock file can be removed if you dont want to overclock but leave 99complete. Updater.apk is probably from the original Froyo rom, probably to do with over the air updates, which somehow remained on the system. It's small enough not to cause any issues though.

Sorry but when you say older a2sd is that the default froyo a2sd? and i would like to keep overclocking so can i delete 02cachedalvikcache,40a2sd?

Guest Rooster#1

Is r10 likely to fix my WIFI problems ? (WPA2 on router... pages take an age to load fully unless you constantly refresh, as well as slow hook up after sleep)

Am currently on R8... so can I simply "overwrite" it without loosing settings etc ?

Thanks again guys :huh:

Guest Simon O
Sorry but when you say older a2sd is that the default froyo a2sd? and i would like to keep overclocking so can i delete 02cachedalvikcache,40a2sd?

Nope it's the cyanogen apps2sd that used ext partitions like darktremor, but a lot simpler. Same script MCR uses.

If you remove the scripts then these functions will be lost. If you dont have an ext partition then keeping the scripts won't cause any harm.

Guest spaceguy

right now i am charging the phone and i discovered that the phones display never turns off. but if i remove the charger the phones display turn off properly

Edited by spaceguy

Guest Simon O
found a bug, MP4 playback shows green bar at top of the screen :huh:

Yes. H.264 decoding with stagefright is a bit broken Nothing we can do about it sadly. I would fully disable stagefright but since there are several apps and many games that don't work with stagefright disabled it was the best decision to keep it enabled in it's semi broken state. Use BladeBuddy if you want to fully disable it easily.

Guest Simon O
right now i am charging the phone and i discovered that the phones display never turns off. but if i remove the charger the phones display turn off properly

Check the screen timeout setting.

Guest leetron1
Nope it's the cyanogen apps2sd that used ext partitions like darktremor, but a lot simpler. Same script MCR uses.

If you remove the scripts then these functions will be lost. If you dont have an ext partition then keeping the scripts won't cause any harm.

Hey Flib...flashed latest DT A2SD beta over the top...shouldn't be any issues?

r10 can just be flashed over r9, yes? :]

Yes, flashed mine on top of R9a without any problems.

And boy, what a super fast GPS? Fastest GPS fix I have found so far on any of the ROMs