[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest brownian

So the txt'ing China was only for Orange customers? I thought it might have been because your 2.2 ROM source had anti-leak/ anti-theft precautions implemented, why would Orange have any reason to SMS China?

Stagefright is the newer media playback framework. OpenCore is the older one which is still available and still works. I never wrote anywhere than H.264 video does not work. This is exactly the same situation for all Froyo ROMs built for this phone.

I found the thread Stagefright on this and reverting to the 2.1 framework is no penalty for using 2.2.

As Rottman concludes

Search for "how to enable stagefright" and "how to VM size" on the main forum, this has been discussed a million times

Yes but it may help you run Gameloft games or performance in movies may be better with it enabled.

So games and apps for 2.2 might not work/be available? I'm guessing this is a cludge that causes a lot of bugs to be reported if 2.2 apps are available on the market but crash due to a bad version of stagefright which is common to all 2.2 ROMs on all devices?

No sign of 2.2.1 on this device upcoming?

Found this on developer.android.com

2.6.32 kernel upgrade

* HIGHMEM support for RAM >256MB

So all this time are 2.1 devices have been running just 256Mb?

Sorry to be like the hydra sprouting more problems when one is killed.

Edited by brownian

Guest tyrol_gangster

Just upgraded from R9B to R10B by flashing flb-froyo-blade-r10b.zip then after reboot flb-froyo-blade-r10-extras.zip then after reboot gbthemepack-flb-froyo-r9a.zip and I have lost my home screen icons, widgets etc? Any idea WHY this might've happened as surprisingly I believe (not really sure) this was not even the case when I had previously installed R9B over MoDaCo R12?

Guest tyrol_gangster

One more question, I am using JuiceDefender Pro and when I wanted to try its auto CPU settings it says ROM/Kernel not supported. Is this ok?

Guest Simon O
Just upgraded from R9B to R10B by flashing flb-froyo-blade-r10b.zip then after reboot flb-froyo-blade-r10-extras.zip then after reboot gbthemepack-flb-froyo-r9a.zip and I have lost my home screen icons, widgets etc? Any idea WHY this might've happened as surprisingly I believe (not really sure) this was not even the case when I had previously installed R9B over MoDaCo R12?

Of course that will happen since the gbthemepack replaces the launcher.

Guest Simon O
So the txt'ing China was only for Orange customers? I thought it might have been because your 2.2 ROM source had anti-leak/ anti-theft precautions implemented, why would Orange have any reason to SMS China?

I found the thread Stagefright on this and reverting to the 2.1 framework is no penalty for using 2.2.

As Rottman concludes

So games and apps for 2.2 might not work/be available? I'm guessing this is a cludge that causes a lot of bugs to be reported if 2.2 apps are available on the market but crash due to a bad version of stagefright which is common to all 2.2 ROMs on all devices?

No sign of 2.2.1 on this device upcoming?

Found this on developer.android.com

So all this time are 2.1 devices have been running just 256Mb?

Sorry to be like the hydra sprouting more problems when one is killed.

Ok it certainly sounds like you have been reading bits here and there but not actually understanding anything.

Many months ago when Froyo was first leaked it was an internal test rom which had code inserted which attempted to send a text message to a Chinese number if the phone was not recognised. Since my rom and others are based on retail Froyo releases this code is no longer present so you have absolutely no reason to worry about your phone sending your details to China.

The current issue with the phone sending texts when turned on is an issue with Orange SIM cards only. At this moment in time we have no idea why it happens with Orange. This is nothing to do with the roms installed on the phone.

Stagefright is mostly working. The only issue is regarding high quality video playback (green lines) so we set the system to use a different decoder for this type of video. It causes no problems. Applications and games designed for Android 2.2 function with no issues if they support the phone hardware. What can cause issues is disabling StageFright completely as this prevents some Android 2.2 only applications and games from displaying video.

No plans for Android 2.2.1 or higher for this device. All developers that are capable of doing this are working on Cyanogenmod 7.

Not sure what it has to do with my rom but most of the phones have 512MB ram unless they shipped with 256mb like the Hungarian phones. Android 2.1 out of the box supports 512mb ram.

One question I have... have you actually tried this ROM out?

Guest tyrol_gangster
Of course that will happen since the gbthemepack replaces the launcher.

But I had gbthemepack installed on 9B already...

Guest psidoc
But I had gbthemepack installed on 9B already...

Yep. When you flashed up to r10 the GB theme on rb9 was replaced by the standard r10. This is normal and expected as you are wiping the entire operating system including the theme and replacing it with a new one.

Psi

Edited by psidoc

Guest tyrol_gangster
Yep. When you flashed up to r10 the GB theme on rb9 was replaced by the standard r10. This is normal and expected as you are wiping the entire operating system including the theme and replacing it with a new one.

Psi

ok apologies for the stupid question, the bit i forgot when moving from R9B to R10B (and reason why my home screen had even been transferred from MoDaCo to FLB) was restoring Titanium Backup. once again thanks for your answers guys and sepcial thanks to flibblesan for this ROM, best i have used so far.

Guest wellibob

Just flashed r10. Fantastic Rom, so fast. I applied the gingerbread theme, and lost drop down power widgets, but its no biggy. be nice if the gingerbread theme had them thou. Great work ;-)

Guest pellonet
Just flashed r10. Fantastic Rom, so fast. I applied the gingerbread theme, and lost drop down power widgets, but its no biggy. be nice if the gingerbread theme had them thou. Great work ;-)

As there are now two parallel topics running about this version now & the other one was started to take over from Ver 10 onward plus this one is now absolutely Gigantic with the bulk of it's content now being obsolete, would it not make sense to lock this one now & continue to discuss matters in the new one?

BTW, thanks flibblesan for another winner from the highly esteemed flibblesan stable :huh:

Guest Saransh Agarwal
Just noticed you have XCD, How much did it cost in India?

man i was looted it cost me Rs 14,500 which is equalto 197 pounds

Guest shanewaz

Hi, I am a new member and am new to this, so I have a few (probably stupidly easy to answer, but as I'm new to this) questions.

1) I downloaded Froyo via Chris Lowthian and his Seb one, but am really interested in the Flib r10 one, (as I'm starting to get a bit more confident) but am wondering if I need to go back to 2.1 stock before I flash it as I have a different Froyo rom already attached and running?

2) The version of clockwork listed on the Chris Lowthian website has fastboot already installed.

Can I just download the rom into this fastboot folder and open it? Or do I need to download another fastboot for the latest version of Clockwork specifically? Can I just install the new version of Clockwork and it will automatically copy over the current version (2. something) or will trying to download the latest version of clockwork cause an issue to the previous one?

I hope these make sense.

Many thanks in advance.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Hi, I am a new member and am new to this, so I have a few (probably stupidly easy to answer, but as I'm new to this) questions.

1) I downloaded Froyo via Chris Lowthian and his Seb one, but am really interested in the Flib r10 one, (as I'm starting to get a bit more confident) but am wondering if I need to go back to 2.1 stock before I flash it as I have a different Froyo rom already attached and running?

2) The version of clockwork listed on the Chris Lowthian website has fastboot already installed.

Can I just download the rom into this fastboot folder and open it? Or do I need to download another fastboot for the latest version of Clockwork specifically? Can I just install the new version of Clockwork and it will automatically copy over the current version (2. something) or will trying to download the latest version of clockwork cause an issue to the previous one?

I hope these make sense.

Many thanks in advance.

1) as long as you wipe cache, data, Davlik then install there is no need go back to 2.1

2) Get the later version of Clockwork 3.0.0.5 or 6 and it will simply overwrite your older version.

It should all go smooth.

If you need to back up any apps or data then use Titanium Backup to do it.

Guest PeterDreher
CM7 works perfect without any modifications, for FroYo you need to apply the patch for the cache. The 42MB cache is too big, wbaw's 1,5MB works perfect and saves a lot of space.

Is the cache2tmpfs_blade_froyo_signed.zip the cache-patch you are talking about?

Thanks a lot Rotmann. Keep up your great work! How to donate? :huh:

Edited by PeterDreher

Guest JolyonS

Just switched to flb 10b.

Launcher Pro seems no snappier on this than any other ROMs including JJ9 and the CM7 mod but keyboard input certainly does - better on this than any ROM I've tried (which is most of them).

I'm really not sure how this has been achieved but it makes a noticable difference, particularly when the phone is busy when other ROMs slow to an illiterate crawl.

I've also tried this with the Nuance FlexT9 keyboard and that performs similarly well so it is not just the Gingerbread keyboard improvement - this ROM really has something going for it in speed terms.

Thanks for all the hard work, flibblesan.

Now to see how it is for battery life . . .

Guest pellonet
does the r10 to r10b patch require you to wipe?

For what seems to be the trillionth time NO, with every respect to you, pleeeeeese try to use the search function or a least read through the recent posts of the two support topics for the 10/10a.

:huh:

Guest Salsaholic
I've also tried this with the Nuance FlexT9 keyboard and that performs similarly well so it is not just the Gingerbread keyboard improvement - this ROM really has something going for it in speed terms.

Sorry for a totally OT question, but does speech recognition work at all for you with FlexT9? Doesn't work for me on r8a (doesn't even seem to hear anything)...

Guest The_Duck
Is there a new thread for an R10 release ?

I saw it was mentioned earlier on in this thread but can't recall seeing a link yet.

Also anyone have any thoughts on partitioning a SDHC card ?

Is there any best practices on this ? I have a 16GB SDHC card at the moment that is all FAT32 but I have heard that EXT4 support gives some Android implementations (Samsung Galaxy S) some speed benefits etc.

Is there anything that you might put into an EXT4 partition that would not work on a FAT32 ? IS it worth implementing a swap partition ? I have a 512MB OLED Blade.

Duck

BUMP... for the Partitioning questions which really are specific to this ROM as nothing else is close to being as good.

Duck

Guest zaphan58
All FLB themes updated to R10, will keep notification power widget

Link to the Gingerbread theme in your thread is dead for me? :huh:

Guest Frankish
Link to the Gingerbread theme in your thread is dead for me? :huh:

Did you go to post 2 in the unified theme thread? If you're looking at the old closed thread the links will be dead...

Guest Blasphemous

Got one for ya here guys.

I'm actually on Flb Rom 8. My question is in relation to sending MMS. This is the first time I've tried to send an MMS since I loaded the rom some time ago. I've never received one since I loaded it (I don't use it much). It's just sitting there and showing as 'Sending...' The settings I have are:

Name: O2 MMS

APN: wap.o2.co.uk

Proxy: http://wap.o2.co.uk

Port: 9201

Username: o2wap

Password: password

Server: n/a

MMSC: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

MMS Port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 10

Authentication Type: n/a

APN Type: mms

Any help appreciated guys. Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I notice that in APNs there are a few MMS settings set up in there. There is:

O2 UK Prepay MMS

O2 MMS

O2 MMS Postpay

O2 MMS Prepay

O2 UK MMS

Edited by Blasphemous