[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest steff.jay
Known about. Replace ContactsProvider.apk with the one in this post http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1553423

Easiest way is to add it to the rom zip "inside system/app" then flash again

can I make a "update.zip" with only empty folders but this .apk inside? or push it via adb? (should need the command then)

I don't want to install everything again :D (besides titanium)

Guest cybelixus

Yes, worked for me.

I'm using Saunalahti ZTE Blade (+ saunalahti sim) and the phone thinks it's roaming all the time. It was suggested elsewhere that replacing ril libraries might help. Does this trick work with this rom, and if it does, what might be downsides replacing the ril files?

Guest steeperton

Thought I'd better offer my feedback...

So far this ROM is perfect!

Battery life is much longer than previously.

No screen freezes (yet)

Don't know why I'm different, but I've got caller ID working fine!

The only issue I have is the WiFi disconnect thing, which Blade Wifi Fix sorts (same as all other ROMs).

So I'm completely happy with this! Thanks Flibblesan - makes a good phone great!

No screen freezes (yet)

The only issue I have is the WiFi disconnect thing, which Blade Wifi Fix sorts (same as all other ROMs).

So I'm completely happy with this! Thanks Flibblesan - makes a good phone great!

Same to me, best ROM so far!

How is the format of your contact phone numbers? I am using "+49 231xxxxxx" (local number in Germany) and the caller ID is not working. Worked before in MCR alpha4 and 2.1. I am wondering that it is working on your site.

Thx!

Guest Geoff_UK

No screen freezes (yet)

Wonder why the caller ID is working for you ??

It's the ONLY thing wrong with this ROM for me and it's a bit of a killer :D(

Will stick with it and hope there is a fix (that an android numpty like me can apply!!)

Cheers

Geoff

Guest johnkabou

I applied the contacts fix, I added a contact and the caller ID worked. Problem is that I can't add contacts after I set up my google account. I save them but they do not appear :D I'm stuck now with my 2.1 factory default rom :P

Help Please

Guest Simon O
Wonder why the caller ID is working for you ??

It's the ONLY thing wrong with this ROM for me and it's a bit of a killer :D(

Will stick with it and hope there is a fix (that an android numpty like me can apply!!)

Cheers

Geoff

Easiest way to fix this is to grab the replacement Contacts.Provider.apk a few pages back, open the ROM ZIP file and replace system/app/ContactsProvider.apk with the new one. Save the ZIP. copy to the phone and re-flash. A wipe will be needed to fix the Caller ID issue.

Or as John stated before you can:

If you download sqlite3 and do this :

adb pull /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/database/contacts2.db .

sqlite3 contacts2.db

alter table raw_contacts add column mode_id INTEGER;

.exit

adb push contacts2.db /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/database

make sure the owner of the file is correct , chmod 660, then reboot

Then CallerID works.

Guest Blümchen Blau

fibblesan: Great Image, great work!

I have two issues with r6:

Firstly:

A wipe will be needed to fix the Caller ID issue.
What has to be wiped? Whole Userdata? (Liots of work ... :D )

As I do NOT sync my contacts with google (deactivating this option always asap) how can I start the use of the new contaktsprovider.apk?

Secondly: For the first time (I used r5 and r5a before) GPS doesn't work. Keeps searching (according to the icon), but no location data are provided (weather applet, Navigation, Maps - all tested). Do you have any ideas?

Again thanks for you work,

BB

Guest steeperton
Same to me, best ROM so far!

How is the format of your contact phone numbers? I am using "+49 231xxxxxx" (local number in Germany) and the caller ID is not working. Worked before in MCR alpha4 and 2.1. I am wondering that it is working on your site.

Thx!

Just tried both +44, and 0 prefixes... Worked fine.

However, if the leading "+" is missing from the contact number, then it doesn't recognise, and caller ID doesn't work.

Firstly: What has to be wiped? Whole Userdata? (Liots of work ... :D )

Secondly: For the first time (I used r5 and r5a before) GPS doesn't work.

1. Yes

2. In this rom you need to ensure that location is turned on, as it is off by default.

go to "Menu=>Settings=>Location and Security Settings" and ensure that "use wireless networks" and use "GPS satellites" are ticked.

Guest steff.jay
2. In this rom you need to ensure that location is turned on, as it is off by default.

go to "Menu=>Settings=>Location and Security Settings" and ensure that "use wireless networks" and use "GPS satellites" are ticked.

for me, too, both: AGPS and GPS (navigation) are working much more bad then in r2a before :D

Guest Geoff_UK
Easiest way to fix this is to grab the replacement Contacts.Provider.apk a few pages back, open the ROM ZIP file and replace system/app/ContactsProvider.apk with the new one. Save the ZIP. copy to the phone and re-flash. A wipe will be needed to fix the Caller ID issue.

Sorry to be a pain here - is this the correct procedure ??

unzip the original r6 rom - replace ContactsProvider.apk with the "fixed" one and rezip it??

When I did this, clockwork recovery does not apply the new rom - it thinks about it for a couple of seconds and reverts back to the first clockwork menu "- reboot system now, etc, etc"

Should i be using a specific application to re zip the rom - I just used the right click option in W7 ??

Cheers

Geoff

Sorry to be a pain here - is this the correct procedure ??

unzip the original r6 rom - replace ContactsProvider.apk with the "fixed" one and rezip it??

When I did this, clockwork recovery does not apply the new rom - it thinks about it for a couple of seconds and reverts back to the first clockwork menu "- reboot system now, etc, etc"

Should i be using a specific application to re zip the rom - I just used the right click option in W7 ??

Cheers

Geoff

I would use 7zip to open the zip file and drop the apk file into the system/app folder, rather than extracting the zip file. At least that's what I do when customizing roms before flashing.

Guest Geoff_UK
User 7zip and zip it on the "storage" setting (lowest compression).

7zip - compression level "store" produces a .zip file that's 131meg in size and this won't load via clockwork either ????

Guest Rotmann
I would use 7zip to open the zip file and drop the apk file into the system/app folder, rather than extracting the zip file. At least that's what I do when customizing roms before flashing.

+1, that's what I do it too. Sorry Geoff.

Edited by Rotmann

Guest jimmychan

Many Thanks for the R6 rom and the previous R5a one.

I have downloaded the R6 the total size is 92 mb when it was complete not 93,9 as stated. I have installed on my device so far running without any adverse problems.

Please can anyone confirm if 92 meg is the correct size for version R6 as I am rather concerned I have a currupted version with missing parts.

Even when I click on teh file to restart the downlaod again it still registers at 92mb.

Thanks

Jim

Edited by jimmychan

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Many Thanks for the R6 rom and the previous R5a one.

I have downloaded the R6 the total size is 92 mb when it was complete not 93,9 as stated. I have installed on my device so far running without any adverse problems.

Please can anyone confirm if 92 meg is the correct size for version R6 as I am rather concerned I have a currupted version with missing parts.

Thanks

Jim

Hovering the mouse over it, it says 94,226kbs.

And Windows give me(when i right click and select properties :

Size: 92.0 MB (96,486,841 bytes)

Size on Disc: 92.0 MB (96,489,472 bytes)

And if you try to extract it, from the zip, it will give you corrupt files.

At least that's what mine did when I downloaded it and the MD5 check failed.

Use the MD5 checker attached, comparing the MD5 checksum in post 1 to the one in the file you have.

Finally got a decent one from the depositfiles mirror, all others and the original download gave me wrong MD5 checks.

md5check.zip

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest Geoff_UK

That sorted it - thanks for the assistance - I can confirm caller ID is working perfectly now.