[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Blasphemous
1) You'll find the access point names now under GSM/UMTS options

4) No you don't need anything from the market. Apps2SD will detect an EXT2, EXT3 partition and use that if its present. It then moves the apps there automatically instead of internal memory. It does use some internal storage but this is minimal and vastly superior to using the phones storage alone.

Thank you for the reply danz0l. So is Apps2SD already on this rom?

Guest citakis
Thank you for the reply danz0l. So is Apps2SD already on this rom?

Yes, you only have to create the ext2 partition and you are ready to move apps to sd

Guest Blasphemous
Yes, you only have to create the ext2 partition and you are ready to move apps to sd

Thank you citakis. I've created an ext2 partition on the sd card using gparted on my netbook so hopefully that'll work then....? Still not sure where I'm supposed to 'see' Apps2SD so if you could advise further on that guys I'd appreciate the help.

I've reinstalled the rom this morning. The contacts synced so that's sorted. The calendar isn't great though so I may go back to using Jorte. It's on charge at the minute, should I recalibrate the battery again?

Got the internet settings sorted and it seems fine. Will have to get a pal to send me a MMS later to see if that works ok. Decided to use SwitchPro Widget so got a battery % indicator on that so will be ok for now on that score.

Seems good so far.... just have to see how the battery performs.

Will keep you posted.

Many thanks to Flibblesan and danz0l for the tireless work.

Thank you citakis. I've created an ext2 partition on the sd card using gparted on my netbook so hopefully that'll work then....? Still not sure where I'm supposed to 'see' Apps2SD so if you could advise further on that guys I'd appreciate the help.

I've reinstalled the rom this morning. The contacts synced so that's sorted. The calendar isn't great though so I may go back to using Jorte. It's on charge at the minute, should I recalibrate the battery again?

Got the internet settings sorted and it seems fine. Will have to get a pal to send me a MMS later to see if that works ok. Decided to use SwitchPro Widget so got a battery % indicator on that so will be ok for now on that score.

Seems good so far.... just have to see how the battery performs.

Will keep you posted.

Many thanks to Flibblesan and danz0l for the tireless work.

Download quick system info from the market and it will tell you your A2SD storage and if its being used. Incidentally i created an EXT3 as it has slightly better redundancy management, seems to work ok.

Guest Blasphemous
Download quick system info from the market and it will tell you your A2SD storage and if its being used. Incidentally i created an EXT3 as it has slightly better redundancy management, seems to work ok.
Thanks again mate. Will do that and report back later.

Blas.

Guest droweed

just a quick question, anyone here can help me setup openvpn through this rom, although openvpn is supported natively through cyanogen, but i think it can work too on sebs rom, provided tun.ko compiled with kernel, tried setting it up myself, but log always returns: 'could not find (route-- or ifconfig) something...

anybody?

Guest Filipe Catalao

Hi. What is for the Ext2 partition?

I bought a 8gb sdhc card, put it on my blade, and i can move apps to SD, via android settings , on apps manager.

So I need an Ext2 Partition for what? or the opperation that I'm doing is wrong?

Guest nedmundo1
Cracking Rom, many thanks, seems to work well. However..battery seems worse. Done recalibration. Made no difference. Any ideas?

Uninstall Maps & Latitude.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Cracking Rom, many thanks, seems to work well. However..battery seems worse. Done recalibration. Made no difference. Any ideas?

Forget the calibration garbage, just charge the phone to full(leaving it a bit longer, when green), when the phones on, then switch the phone off, and charge again till green(leaving it a bit longer also), then reboot the phone, and install the rom.

No need to remove anything.

Guest Bluedriver

hello, is it not possible to implement something similar to "DSP Manager" like we find in Cyanogen ROMS?

i´ve try to install in FLB from another ROM but with no success ;) , doesn't do anything, its so bad the sound in this phone...

i have another "low cost" Android Phone an Optimus Boston or an Orange Boston/Gsmart G1305 with Cyanogen7 (2.3 gingerbread) and the sound its fantastic! clean and very loud :D , its great because i can manage the sound for my taste with this tool ;)

is really a pity that does not work in the Blade and we can not do anything to improve the sound in this phone... ;)

(sorry for my english :) )

Edited by Bluedriver

Guest totalcmdext

Another issue from my side....

I have installed the Gingerbread theme for r6: flb-froyo-blade-r6-gbtheme.zip in the recovery mode (ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.8) in the Gingerbread theme for r6: flb-froyo-blade-r6-fixed ROM and after a reboot the phone freeze in the ZTE logo.

Something strange in this combination......

Please flb could you tell us if the ROM need the TPT Partition hack partiiton or not?

Guest jaymistry

Does anyone know how to change the default voicemail number.

I'm on Vodafone and it has the default of 121.

Under Settings->Phone Settings->Voicemail. It allows me to change the number, but when I apply it, it brings up an error message. Not sure whether 121 is hardcoded and cannot be changed or if its Vodafone (as far as I can see it doesn't attempt to contact Vodafone as it fails straight away).

I am able to change it on my previous (Vodafone) phone

Any ideas

Thanks, Jay

Guest dadashi

can anybody tell me how to delete all my contacts. I have three entries for every contact and there is no delete option for all contacts only one by one! I can't sit for 2 hours deleteing 700 entries...

Guest The Soup Thief
can anybody tell me how to delete all my contacts. I have three entries for every contact and there is no delete option for all contacts only one by one! I can't sit for 2 hours deleteing 700 entries...

Try Contact AnalyZer 2 from the market

I've not used it but used something similar when I had this problem with my old pocket pc years back

Guest dadashi

thanx for the tip, but I somehow doubt a software originaly written for pocketpc will help...I'll still have a look..

Eclair 2.1 has the complete delet function, strange it's missing in froyo...

Another problem is ES-Explorer can't access the microsd...Astra works but I prefer ES...tried updating ES but no change...

Guest citakis

The easiest way is to go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, touch the "All" tab and find an app called "Contact Storage". Select it and press "Clear data" and all contacts will be gone.

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Does anyone know how to change the default voicemail number.

I'm on Vodafone and it has the default of 121.

Under Settings->Phone Settings->Voicemail. It allows me to change the number, but when I apply it, it brings up an error message. Not sure whether 121 is hardcoded and cannot be changed or if its Vodafone (as far as I can see it doesn't attempt to contact Vodafone as it fails straight away).

I am able to change it on my previous (Vodafone) phone

Any ideas

Thanks, Jay

On mine it wasn't set at all.

Went to Settings - > Call Settings -> Voicemail Settings -> Voicemail number and entered it there. Worked great :lol:

There's an app called Contact Remover (!) which I used when I had this problem. Works well. :lol:

Guest Bluedriver
I' using r6 andy it's very good, Congratulations....., one question by a Noob... how can i overclock my device ?? I have SetCpu, but i cant put more then 600 mhz ...srsrsrs!!!

Sorry my bad English, but i'm from Portugal... :lol:

Nao podes fazer overclock com esta ROM, se estiveres interessado em fazer Overclock tens a JellyFish com kernel modificado que te permite fazer o Overclock acima dos 600Mzr

Guest Bluedriver
Hi. I updated from R6 to R6 (fixed version), and I have a problem. FM Radio sound is too low, even in max volume. why? MP3 music volume is normal, but radio is too low ( with phones).

And another question in general: Why my phones, if I don't use it , when I open advanced task killer, some apps are open that I never open? (yes, after power on and kill all apps that opens with startup) And how can I manager apps that open in startup?

Tks and great Work, and yes, with the new fixed version, the problem with ID caller has gone :lol:

o que estás a reportar das aplicações se iniciarem não é um problema, problema é tu usares um Taskiller numa ROM 2.2....

vais acabar por gastar bastante mais bateria com esse comportamento e ficar com o sistema mais lento se continuas a fechar á força as aplicações, devias de ler um pouco sobre como funciona o android e principalmente a partir da versao 2.2

Guest Blasphemous

Well I'm lovin this rom so far! Not sure if battery life is improved as it's not been used much for data, wifi etc since the new rom went on and it's been on charged most of the time in between but the rom it's self seems very nice. The only thing I'd mention is that there is a slight lag when trying to scroll down when first going into the main apps menu but apart from that it's been great.

I WAS using Advanced Task Killer but I read earlier that some of you don't think it's worth it and indeed danz0l said he used to have it but stopped using it due to battery issues so I've deleted it and have loaded Watchdog and will see how things go in terms of battery life and report back.

Many thanks once again to Flibblesan for his tireless work on this rom and also to danz0l for his update/applied fixes.