[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Bluedriver
Another issue from my side....

I have installed the Gingerbread theme for r6: flb-froyo-blade-r6-gbtheme.zip in the recovery mode (ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.8) in the Gingerbread theme for r6: flb-froyo-blade-r6-fixed ROM and after a reboot the phone freeze in the ZTE logo.

Something strange in this combination......

Please flb could you tell us if the ROM need the TPT Partition hack partiiton or not?

no you dont need to TPT Partition hack, it´s for install with clockwork

try to "WIPE CACHE" in recovery for the boot freeze problem

(sorry im not fdb :lol: just trying to help)

Guest jaymistry
On mine it wasn't set at all.

Went to Settings - > Call Settings -> Voicemail Settings -> Voicemail number and entered it there. Worked great :lol:

Thanks Qwertzycoatl, I take your on R6 and using the Vodafone? The one in my phone is labelled as My carrier

Guest ti_power

I've been using this great rom now since R6 has been released and I'm still very happy with it compared

to the stock rom! Fast, more energy efficient and stable!

One Quesion: Can i easly replace the contactsprovider.apk in the zip file and flash it again using

clockworkmod recovery? And is it easily possible to delete unused .apks, too? I don't use Latitude,

Cardock, voice tools etc so i'd like to delete them and reflash .

Guest Qwertzycoatl
Thanks Qwertzycoatl, I take your on R6 and using the Vodafone? The one in my phone is labelled as My carrier

Hi,

No I am on O2-UK but I can change the number to whatever I like....seems like you have enabled the default settings (perhaps via text?)

I didn't have this option at all I couldn't request my settings....will yours not change at all?

Might be possible to change it in a file instead so it is hard coded :lol:

So... which one's better? Your flb-froyo r6, or Paul's custom modaco r7 rom?

Please answer!!!! I want to try yours out, because I see a lot of bugs on the prebaked r7.

Guest dadashi
There's an app called Contact Remover (!) which I used when I had this problem. Works well. :lol:

Thanx, I deleted them all...now when I try and sync my contacts back it doesn't work!

"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

At the top it says "Too many contacts deleted"

not sure what's going on, never had this problem with 2.1

Guest The Soup Thief
thanx for the tip, but I somehow doubt a software originaly written for pocketpc will help...I'll still have a look..

Eclair 2.1 has the complete delet function, strange it's missing in froyo...

Another problem is ES-Explorer can't access the microsd...Astra works but I prefer ES...tried updating ES but no change...

I was talking about Contact analyzer 2 from the. ANDROID market

It sorts out duplicate contact, the problem you were having...

Guest MrMcIntosh77

Hi :lol:

Subject: Google Listen

I've been going back and forth between Japanese Jellyfish 7, 8 and FLB, and I always come back to FLB. I really really like it a lot :) It feels fast, it is not powerhungry and it is beatiful :)

Am I the only one that has problems with Google Listen ? The problem manifests itself like this:

- I can download podcasts, but when I try to play one, the player won't start.

- I can see the downloaded podcasts in the dir: /mnt/sdcard/com.google.android.apps.listen but when I restart the phone all these files disappear.

If I flash Japanese Jellyfish on my phone the problem goes away, it only exists in FLB R6. (I always factory reset and clear cache when I flash, and I have formatted my sdcard in my phone, but it didn't help)

At first I suspected that the problem might be caused by a permission problem, since the Google Listen directory permissions seems a bit strange (output of: ls -l):

d---rwxr-x system sdcard_rw /mnt/sdcard/com.google.android.apps.listen

On my stock Galaxy S Google Listen permissions are:

drwxrwxr-x system sdcard_rw /sdcard/com.google.android.apps.listen

However Japanese Jellyfish permissions are set up exactly like in FLB, and Google Listen works flawlessly in Jellyfish, so the cause might not be permissions after all.

Other than this minor problem FLB works marvellously well on my Blade.

For other Andoid newbies like me, if you have problems with FLB, first check out this thread, all the solutions are gathered there:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...lutions-centre/

Since I'm a noob on Android, I haven't figured out how to change the Google Listen directory permissions yet. The sdcard is FAT32 so it has no way of saving permissions, but they must be either forced by system policy or inherited from the mount point.

It seems that system wide permissions are set in the file: /etc/permissions/platform.xml But there is a warning on the file that says changing the defaults propably opens up gaping security holes, so I haven't been brave enough to fiddle with this file.

Anybody else with Google Listen problems ?

Thanks for Flibblesan for this amazing rom ;)

Edited by MrMcIntosh77

Guest TheChill

So what's the chance of returning to that sweet dialer where we drag to answer or hangup much

like we have to drag to unlock or silence from the lock screen? Can't remember which dialer it

was, but it fit the stock Froyo theme much better than the one in r6.

Thanx, I deleted them all...now when I try and sync my contacts back it doesn't work!

"Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"

The easiest way is to go to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, touch the "All" tab and find an app called "Contact Storage". Select it and press "Clear data" and all contacts will be gone.

I've got this problem too, cleared data as citakis post then tried to sync my contacts back I get the "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly" but not the other message., also I've tried importing from SD card, I see all the contacts apparently loading but they don't appear in Contacts. In addition I can't enter new contacts, type them in and am told they're saved but they don't show. Anybody got a solution.

One Quesion: Can i easly replace the contactsprovider.apk in the zip file and flash it again using

clockworkmod recovery? And is it easily possible to delete unused .apks, too? I don't use Latitude,

Cardock, voice tools etc so i'd like to delete them and reflash .

A guarded yes. As far as replacing the contactsprovider.apk in the zip file, that's what I did before the fixed version by danz0l came out. First attempt using windows to open zip resulted in a "bad file" message from Clockwork but when I used 7-Zip it worked fine.

I think Latitude may be part of GoogleMaps and CarDock part of GoogleNavigation

hey guys, loving the rom but got 2 issues. Any help appreciated.

Firstly I got no sound on tvcatchup. Secondly the gingerbread keyboard I installed seems to change size oddly. Any one experienced these issues?

Guest doubleluckstur

Can you please mirror the download link for the gingerbread theme for r6? I've just downloaded about 30 files from that website and all MD5's have been different :lol:

Guest Presci3nt

Have moved to this rom after the battery issues of jellyfish. Difference is amazing and getting way more battery life now. Looking at spare parts usage there is something seriously wrong with jellyfish as half the things causing partial wake lock don't even appear in fibs r6.

Guest Blasphemous
I love the ROM but get some issues

The auto-brightness is not working

I can not know who is calling, only shows number

For brightness I prefer to adjust myself and use Switchpro Widget to do so. As to 'Caller ID', are you using the updated version of the rom? My contacts show up fine.

Guest alanli613

NO ,I'm not using updated version

Only R6 version

I'll try new version....Thank you!

For brightness I prefer to adjust myself and use Switchpro Widget to do so. As to 'Caller ID', are you using the updated version of the rom? My contacts show up fine.

Guest mossi92
I love the ROM but get some issues

The auto-brightness is not working

I can not know who is calling, only shows number

I can confirm the caller ID problem. I use r6 with the gingerbread theme on a Finnish Blade. Apart from that little problem the rom seems to be perfect :lol:

Guest Blasphemous
I can confirm the caller ID problem. I use r6 with the gingerbread theme on a Finnish Blade. Apart from that little problem the rom seems to be perfect :lol:

This 'Caller ID' problem has been mentioned a few times through out the thread. There was an App mentioned that apparently fixes the problem. You may want to have a quick read through, unless someone can point to the app in question.

Blas.

Guest Pipe Merchant

My apologies if this has been asked before (though I have searched), but it appears that wma support is not present in this rom. Is this something that will be added eventually?

Guest Blasphemous

Has ANYONE using this rom got TVCatchup playing WITH sound? I've asked this question here, over on Hotdeals and also on TVCatchup forum. I've tried the suggestions over on the forum ie try Realplayer, but I still cannot get sound playing! The picture plays absloutely fine but there is no sound.

Could someone please look into this issue.

Thank you in advance.