[ROM][OLED+TFT] FLB-Froyo G2 for ZTE Blade

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Half way through doing the themes for this rom already. You want to bundle a theme with the rom flib or are you leaving it as is?

EDIT:

Twatting twat i just noticed first post says test signed. Is the rom ACTUALLY test signed or platform signed? I've been platform signing my themes as that's the one Paul and kallte use. I'll re-sign with test key if needed though.

I used test keys. Didn't know I could resign using platform keys. You know how to do it?

Guest Frankish
I used test keys. Didn't know I could resign using platform keys. You know how to do it?

Yeah Paul actually linked to it on here. But here are the key files.

Not sure how to do a batch operation. I always just sign the full app folder and framework-res.apk but i don't think the full app folder is necessary. I do it just to be sure ;)

SignApk.zip

Guest aradalien

i managed to get a shot of the signal gone with wifi activated.

snap20110130112218.th.png

soon as the signal is gone nothing but a sleep will bring back

the signal for gsm.

Edited by aradalien

Guest Simon O
Yeah Paul actually linked to it on here. But here are the key files.

Not sure how to do a batch operation. I always just sign the full app folder and framework-res.apk but i don't think the full app folder is necessary. I do it just to be sure ;)

Done. resigned with platform keys. Should mean that MCR themes will work on this ROM too.

Guest muluman

With danzols fix, widgets installed with this rom disappear after a restart. Anyone know why?

EDIT: My bad, it wasnt the rom, it was cos move2sd enabler had moved some apps with widgets ;)

Edited by muluman

Guest Sidders

Installed r6 the other day and after applying the contacts and wifi fixes im very happy up to now, even tvcatch is working great.

Big thumbs up to Flib and others who have gave us this release.

Edited by Sidders

Guest m_w_clarke
When will be r7?

*sigh* if you read further up you will see that people like you put so much pressure on flib to fix this and fix that in his rom that he quite rightly called it quits.

Now he is back and generously using his own un paid time to do this, so can we please refrain from these kind of selfish questions?

As Frankish said, when its done. Flib has already said he's working on it so stop with the hassle.

Guest Surmoka

Hi fibblesan,

nice ROM you make there. Probably the best 2.2 for the Blade ATM. After using it for 3 weeks, I can report the following (could live with these, except the last one, that's really haunting me):

* With mobile data enabled, when wifi is turned on and thus mobile data gets overridden, all gsm and mobile connections are broken. Only should do so for mobile data but not gsm.

* Sometimes, when the phone is on charge, "keep screen on" hints are ignored and the display gets turned off after timeout regardless. Couldn't reproduce deterministically.

* enabling airplane mode kicks the phone into a locked state saying "no service/no sim card", and there is no way to re-enable it, only emergency calls are possible. Had to reboot it and storm into settings to disable airplane mode before screen lock could kick in again.

* Incoming calls are shown only as numbers, not names, despite the contact being in my contact list. When I look at the call log, names are correctly looked up there.

Looking forward to have some fixes in the next release. Keep up the good work.

Guest Blasphemous
* Incoming calls are shown only as numbers, not names, despite the contact being in my contact list. When I look at the call log, names are correctly looked up there.
I have literally lost count of the amount of times this has been asked/talked about in this thread. The fix is in the thread. Edited by Blasphemous

Guest ChundaMars

Have just installed R6, after coming from MCR11 and JJ7 before that - too early yet to give my thoughts.

My question is this - what does Facebook Sync actually do? As in, what should I be able to see in my contacts? Synced photos, statuses, and contact details? Anything else?

I ask because I have NEVER got Facebook Sync working on any ROM, including (it appears) this one - my FB account is linked fine, the widget works fine (and updates) and all my FB contact details are there on the phone somewhere (if I create a folder on homescreen for FB contacts all the phone numbers/photos etc. are there) but the NEVER link through to my contacts...

Something I'm missing?

PS Before anyone gets angry, in no way am I suggesting this is a fault with this ROM - as mentioned before, have had same problem with all previous ROMs I've tried also

Guest TheChill
*sigh* if you read further up you will see that people like you put so much pressure on flib to fix this and fix that in his rom that he quite rightly called it quits.

Now he is back and generously using his own un paid time to do this, so can we please refrain from these kind of selfish questions?

As Frankish said, when its done. Flib has already said he's working on it so stop with the hassle.

+1 on that.

I'm itching to see the results from what flib is incorporating in the next release going by his comments so far (particularly power management, and the removal of debugging code - which has the potential to see some performance/memory improvements), but I'm happy to wait.

r6 + danz0l's update is simply staggering, and a testament to flib, danz0l and the community at large; every major issue has been resolved in one way or another, it's stable, fast and resource-friendly, and bloatless - all of which the stock OSF ROM wasn't (seriously, who would go back to Eclair after FLB-Froyo?). And it's free, as in beer. Kudos guys.

Guest ChundaMars
Have just installed R6, after coming from MCR11 and JJ7 before that - too early yet to give my thoughts.

My question is this - what does Facebook Sync actually do? As in, what should I be able to see in my contacts? Synced photos, statuses, and contact details? Anything else?

I ask because I have NEVER got Facebook Sync working on any ROM, including (it appears) this one - my FB account is linked fine, the widget works fine (and updates) and all my FB contact details are there on the phone somewhere (if I create a folder on homescreen for FB contacts all the phone numbers/photos etc. are there) but the NEVER link through to my contacts...

Something I'm missing?

PS Before anyone gets angry, in no way am I suggesting this is a fault with this ROM - as mentioned before, have had same problem with all previous ROMs I've tried also

Hmmm, seems I spoke too soon - appears my FB contacts have now synced! And GPS is also working (an issue I had with MCR11).

So, with those 2 issues solved thanks to this ROM, I can now happily say I'm in the FLB camp and really happy! Cheers!

Can't wait to see what R7 brings... although I won't upgrade on day 1 though, will wait to make sure no further issues are introduced by the update. Have learnt my lesson with MCR11!

Guest Simon O

r7 is being worked on guys. I didn't expect the themes to be ready so soon but I have a couple of small issues with the rom that need to be fixed before I release it. The last thing I want is to release a broken rom again.

Guest Simon O

Quick guide to Facebook syncing in FLB-Froyo

post-697226-1296450854_thumb.jpg

When adding a Facebook account you will be given three options. Sync all, Sync with existing contacts, Don't sync.

Sync all will add all your Facebook friends to your phone contacts

Sync with existing contacts will add Facebook friends that match a name of an existing phone contact

Don't sync will not sync any information.

post-697226-1296450860_thumb.jpg

Pressing a contact photo will bring up the shortcut bar. If the contact has been synced with Facebook then an icon will show and the most recent status message will show above.

Clicking the facebook photo will take you directly to the contacts facebook page

How to join contacts

Press 'Menu' then select Display Options

post-697226-1296450867_thumb.jpg

Select the facebook account then check the box that says 'All Contacts'

press done

You will now see the contacts list populated by all your Facebook contacts.

post-697226-1296450876_thumb.jpg

Hold down your finger on a contact name you want to merge and select Edit contact

Press Menu then press join

post-697226-1296450881_thumb.jpg

The phone will give you a suggested contact to merge with. If this is correct then press this contact name. It will then say "contacts joined"

If you want to select a different contact then select 'Show all contacts'

Once joined you will then see the facebook information merged into the bottom of the phone contact.

If you store your phone contacts on Google then it will remember the joined contacts next time you reset your phone.

You can do the same thing with Twitter for syncing twitter contacts.

Using the Facebook profile picture for a contacts main picture

Hold down on a contact name then select Edit Contact

Scroll down to the bottom until you find the Facebook information then press on the facebook photo. A box will pop up called "Contact icon" and select Use this photo.

Press Done to save.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
Hi fibblesan,

nice ROM you make there. Probably the best 2.2 for the Blade ATM. After using it for 3 weeks, I can report the following (could live with these, except the last one, that's really haunting me):

* With mobile data enabled, when wifi is turned on and thus mobile data gets overridden, all gsm and mobile connections are broken. Only should do so for mobile data but not gsm.

* Sometimes, when the phone is on charge, "keep screen on" hints are ignored and the display gets turned off after timeout regardless. Couldn't reproduce deterministically.

* enabling airplane mode kicks the phone into a locked state saying "no service/no sim card", and there is no way to re-enable it, only emergency calls are possible. Had to reboot it and storm into settings to disable airplane mode before screen lock could kick in again.

Looking forward to have some fixes in the next release. Keep up the good work.

The issue with the GSM signal being lost when using wifi should be resolved. That is, I'm certainly not getting this issue myself and the wifi system has been updated so that may have helped.

Not sure about the airplane mode issue. It happens on MCR too. Does it happen on JJ?

Incoming calls showing names should be fixed.

Not had an issue with the screen staying on but I'll look into it.

Guest nebukan

hey!

I got this problem with openvpn. Basically i used the 2.2 tun-module from http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...n-on-zte-blade/

it loads fine with insmod and i get connected to my vpn but my tun0 device won't get an ip-adress. i tried the route-fix in openvpn settings and dns fix to use 8.8.8.8 but still no go.

Could it be that im missing a proper ifconfig to make the tun0-device properly?

If anyone have any experience with openvpn i be glad to hear your awesome skillz.

cheers!

Great to see you back developing this. MCR is great but Paul is a busy man, so we do have a lot of bugs in each release and he has very little time to get fixes out there for them, so I'm really excited to see this back ;)

Still stand by when it all works, this is hands down the best ROM available for the Blade.