12 Sep Gr5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for the HTC Desire HD with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bbawden
Hit the 'Problems' buton in Titanium and auto-upgrade busybox. This sems to resolve most Titanium issues.

Don't think so. Titanium is working fine on r1. When I flash r2 anything that uses superuser generates a FC for superuser and then doesn't work.

Guest hasan_abeer

thanks for my best stable rom at all ,i have one question please could someone try a call recorder and succeeded to record both sides of conversation, if so please let me know how and what is the bestest procedure or software?

thanks in advance

Edited by hasan_abeer

Guest spoonwzd
Don't think so. Titanium is working fine on r1. When I flash r2 anything that uses superuser generates a FC for superuser and then doesn't work.

You're right. SuperUser does crash when you run anything that uses root.

Following a crash, I ran SuperUser from the apps list and tried a root app again. It then worked.

A workaround for now, but I think Paul needs to investigate. :D And fix AdFree!

Guest bbawden

Following a crash, I ran SuperUser from the apps list and tried a root app again. It then worked.

Did it work permanently after that, or do you have to continually run SU from the apps list after every root request?

Guest spoonwzd
Did it work permanently after that, or do you have to continually run SU from the apps list after every root request?

If an app fails to get root, you run SuperUser from the apps list and then try the app again. Worked every time for me so far, but some apps crash and/or hang if they don't get root, so you have to fix that before running SuperUser.

It works for a bit in different apps, but eventuallys fails again. I'm unsure as to why.

I flashed a radio update and was able to SuperUser without crashing after rebooting the phone - thought it was fixed but SuperUser eventally crashed again.

Guest spoonwzd

Oh, and AdFree DOES work - I installed the latest version from Market yesterday and it sucessfully did the business.

hi

i like this perfect rom

but i have one problem i need to uninstall some system application like amozon mp3 and titanium backup

i know i can use titanium backup to remove the app but how can i remove the titanium backup itself

Paul, thanks for this brilliant concept, however i have a problem:

Installing with clockworkrecovery goes well, i then see the modaco icon and the bootsound is gone, i get no errors then.

But after installing, when hitting the superuser icon: i get :

"The application superuser (proces com. noshufou.android.su) has unexpectidly stopped, try again (in dutch)

(i have clockworkrecovery & rooted with visionary & eng s off, radio 26.03.02.15_M3)

Tried serveral time re-baking and installing, allways the same result though.

BTW I would expect the old wallpaper to go back to default htc, but it doesnt, could there be some things getting mixed up here ?

Hope to hear from you, thank you

Guest metatron

Anyone got the premium navigation working on this rom ? it keeps crashing out on mine. Standard works ok though.

Edited by metatron

I have used this rom before and it worked fine. I then tested out LeeDroid 1.4 and installed the recommended radio (Radio_12.28e.60.140f_26.04.02.17_M2). I just tried to go back to Modaco using exactly the same method as I did before and the same rom (still on my sd card). It keeps getting stuck at the HTC logo in a boot loop and I can't figure out why.

I've tried a wipe/reset data and cache, and even cleared delvik cache, tried a reinstall multiple times. Could it be that this rom is not compatible with Radio_12.28e.60.140f_26.04.02.17_M2?

Someone help please.

Guest mamoulian

Tried to install r2 on top of the stock build (1.32.405.6) without wipe, it bootlooped and logcat wouldn't connect.

So I tried r1 (took a guess at the prebake's URL) instead - that worked fine - I did clear cache and dalvik-cache from recovery. Then applied a kitchen-baked r2.

All OK!

Don't know if I have the 'su' problem, Titanium seems OK.

Thanks Paul!

Haven't updated the radio... not clear if I should...

Tried to install r2 on top of the stock build (1.32.405.6) without wipe, it bootlooped and logcat wouldn't connect.

So I tried r1 (took a guess at the prebake's URL) instead - that worked fine - I did clear cache and dalvik-cache from recovery. Then applied a kitchen-baked r2.

All OK!

Don't know if I have the 'su' problem, Titanium seems OK.

Thanks Paul!

Haven't updated the radio... not clear if I should...

Sounds like the issue I'm having. I'll grab the r1 stock and install that, then try the kitchen r2. Was it only the cache and dalvik cache you cleared?

Guest daffyduck2602

Hi, anybody understand why on this ROM, although the link to Picasa when viewing photos on Gallery3D works fine (in terms of sync), when I try to upload photos from the Desire HD to Picasa, I cannot as the phone does not give any of the Picasa folders I have created (the folder box is just blank).

Carry on regardless, and upload a photo - it says "failed to account information"?

Guest mamoulian
Sounds like the issue I'm having. I'll grab the r1 stock and install that, then try the kitchen r2. Was it only the cache and dalvik cache you cleared?

Yup, cleared both in clockwork recovery before flashing each zip. I think clear dalvik-cache is under the 'advanced' menu.

Then a couple of reboots (remember to turn off the HTC fastboot/hibernate option) in r1 just to make sure it's working OK before flashing r2.

After my above post I did notice a FC from .su, so I flashed the little zip linked above. No wiping of any kind for that.

Good luck! :D

Guest sucramco

Had mine a week, not permrooted yet. A little worried this time as there is no UK Tmobile RUU or rom available for me to fall back on should I root and change the rom. Just using a temp root at the moment for Titanium back up from my std desire (did have DHD rom installed, but now unrooted so the wife can use it). All apps and data did install fine, no force closes.

If anyone knows where I can get the Tmob UK 1.39.110.1 radio 12.28b.60.140eU_26.03.02.26_M rom from that would be great.

Then I can install the Modaco Rom.

Edited by sucramco

Has anyone experienced that the phone says "Your SIM has changed" after rebooting the phone? It then want's me to reselect my carrier.

Had something similiar with my hero and MoDaCo ROMs, as it then said my timezone might have changed...

Sure pauls working on a R3 as we talk most problems should be solved and maybe more problems created thats just software for you full of bugs and no software is ever bug free there is allways a tron inside waiting for a user ;)

Guest rohit_baba

************Help me please***********

can some please help me. I am getting really really fedup and about trow my HTC Desire HD away.

I bought it from Vodafone in Uk, it has loads of crap installed so i want to put Kitchen rom on it, howver i need clockwork mod.

I have installed Rom Manager, when i try to use option for clockworkmod Recovery it says " An error has occured while attemptiong run privileged commands!"

I tryied the VISIOnary way to try and temp root but after clicking intemproot now all i get it blacnk screen and phone freezes and i cant do anything. I have left it yup to 20 minutes to see if it does anything but notting.

Some body please help me as to what is the bext option around getting root access and flashing the ROM.

I have Android Version 2.2.1 Build number: 1.75.161.2 S/w Numbe: 1.75.161.2

thanks

Dev

HTC Desire HD

************Help me please***********

can some please help me. I am getting really really fedup and about trow my HTC Desire HD away.

I bought it from Vodafone in Uk, it has loads of crap installed so i want to put Kitchen rom on it, howver i need clockwork mod.

I have installed Rom Manager, when i try to use option for clockworkmod Recovery it says " An error has occured while attemptiong run privileged commands!"

I tryied the VISIOnary way to try and temp root but after clicking intemproot now all i get it blacnk screen and phone freezes and i cant do anything. I have left it yup to 20 minutes to see if it does anything but notting.

Some body please help me as to what is the bext option around getting root access and flashing the ROM.

I have Android Version 2.2.1 Build number: 1.75.161.2 S/w Numbe: 1.75.161.2

Read this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=905003

thanks

Well sorry you are out of luck you need to downgrade your firmware to the 1.32 vershions cause visonary does not work on 1.75 firmwares i think you can only downgrade if you had s-off sorry my friend.

Dev

HTC Desire HD

Edited by jutley