2.1 instructions + Quarx Black ROM full insrtuctions with clockwork recovery

Guest pashinator

Guest pashinator
and can anyone explain me which program should i use for overclock?

You need to update kernel to overclock

if you have then you need to use setcpu and use custom frequencies

Guest danny19901
great... i'm stuck, i did everything as you told and now i get:

<waiting for devices> in cmd, so... how can i fix it?

just put usb out of phone and back in this worked for me

Guest droidpereira
just put usb out of phone and back in this worked for me

try to enter on clockwork recovery, after you enter do a reset from factory

and "voila"

if you don't have install it trought fastboot.

Guest danny19901
try to enter on clockwork recovery, after you enter do a reset from factory

and "voila"

if you don't have install it trought fastboot.

i have fastboot im on 2.1 and i have quarx rom the only bad thing is my clockwork won't come on at all unless i usb it to computer and cmd type and i type fastboot boot recovery recovery.img and works that way no other way and my other issue is my phone works perfectly but can't use the operators internet 3g or 2g non work and when i tried baltic black rom everything worked except i couldn't download off web or android market store just gave me force close all the time and couldn't read my messages fore close error all the time so im stuck on quarx

Guest droidpereira
i have fastboot im on 2.1 and i have quarx rom the only bad thing is my clockwork won't come on at all unless i usb it to computer and cmd type and i type fastboot boot recovery recovery.img and works that way no other way and my other issue is my phone works perfectly but can't use the operators internet 3g or 2g non work and when i tried baltic black rom everything worked except i couldn't download off web or android market store just gave me force close all the time and couldn't read my messages fore close error all the time so im stuck on quarx

did you try a hard reset?

Guest danny19901
did you try a hard reset?

i turn phone on and i get blank screen with lg logo and freezes i tried to redo kdz file updater thing but it won't let me do anything with that all boxes stay blanked i tried to do fastboot but it won't go in to it there is nothing i can do i don't think but i will keep trying

Guest danny19901
i turn phone on and i get blank screen with lg logo and freezes i tried to redo kdz file updater thing but it won't let me do anything with that all boxes stay blanked i tried to do fastboot but it won't go in to it there is nothing i can do i don't think but i will keep trying

download mode works may be from here i can command prompt clockwork and reflash to before it happened

Guest razorinc

I have a problem... I already had android 2.1, but i want to upgrade to 2.1 with fastboot. when i try, it doesnt work, it makes one reboot only and proces of updating stops, it doesn t coplete... why is it so?

Guest kaiserex
plug it in a usbport .. open the batchfile

when it says "waiting for device" plug it in another usbport and install this driver:

http://hotfile.com/dl/85446048/b4be539/alt_Treiber.rar.html

then it works! (if not: put it in the same usbport once again)

In addition to that method of installing proper drivers, if your in fastboot and your system cant recognize the device giving an error of not being able to install drivers, what you should do is let Windows update finds it for you. I know, cos when I was doing fastboot+recovery my system didn't finde the drivers and I couldnt force them to install, but then I figured that Windows update could try doing it for me, and it did, from that point I could do the recovery install :-)

Edited by kaiserex

Guest DarkCaine

Clockwork Recovery v 2.5.0.5

1.repeat steps 5-11 of UPGRADE with Clockwork recovery rom.kdz file

2.once the Clockwork recovery rom.kdz file has been installed switch off your phone

3.download android sdk off android developers website and extract into your C drive

4.then right-click on My Computer, and select Properties. Under the Advanced tab, hit the Environment Variables button, and in the dialog that comes up, double-click on Path (in System Variables box). Add C:\<androidsdk>\tools\; directory to the path.

5.get your phone and if its on turn it off. hold power button and camera button until the lg logo goes and screen is black

6.plug your phone into your pc while its on the black screen and open cmd

7.download recovery.img and place in C drive

8.in cmd type: fastboot.exe flash recovery C:\recovery.img then press enter. it should say OKAY twice. reply if there is a problem

9.unplug and take out battery then place it back in

im stuck at step 8..

it says wait for device and take forever..

Guest pashinator
Clockwork Recovery v 2.5.0.5

1.repeat steps 5-11 of UPGRADE with Clockwork recovery rom.kdz file

2.once the Clockwork recovery rom.kdz file has been installed switch off your phone

3.download android sdk off android developers website and extract into your C drive

4.then right-click on My Computer, and select Properties. Under the Advanced tab, hit the Environment Variables button, and in the dialog that comes up, double-click on Path (in System Variables box). Add C:\<androidsdk>\tools\; directory to the path.

5.get your phone and if its on turn it off. hold power button and camera button until the lg logo goes and screen is black

6.plug your phone into your pc while its on the black screen and open cmd

7.download recovery.img and place in C drive

8.in cmd type: fastboot.exe flash recovery C:\recovery.img then press enter. it should say OKAY twice. reply if there is a problem

9.unplug and take out battery then place it back in

im stuck at step 8..

it says wait for device and take forever..

Just unplug and replug when it says waiting for device

Guest DarkCaine
Just unplug and replug when it says waiting for device

did it finally..but i think there is a problem with the clockwork recovery..anyway do you mind sharing some custom themes?

and with this Quarz ROM google maps is gone,neither the navigation program.

Guest pashinator
did it finally..but i think there is a problem with the clockwork recovery..anyway do you mind sharing some custom themes?

and with this Quarz ROM google maps is gone,neither the navigation program.

i am glad you done it.

i am working on making my own custom roms or making update.zip files for the quarx rom to change the look.

try the vasquez rom in the android development section of the gt540 on xda devs forum.

about google maps I didnt think anyone would need it but you can download from market and then download streetview on market.

although i have the brutmod google maps which saves the map cache to sd card if you want.

and also if there is any problem with mobile data then install apn settings in wireless settings>mobile network settings>apn

apn can be found using a google search

thanks

Guest pashinator
Hello, I flashed yesterday my optimus with this rom,and my wi-fi is not working today,some got same problems ???

Did i do somthing wrong ???

Thx

i dont know because this is a very stable rom and wifi is fully working. any problems just flash original 2.1

Guest scouseefc

just read this topic and i am absolute confused about the clockwork etc is this a must for the phone or not? what do you get if you do all this? i think i would damage the phone if i did all this

i dont know because this is a very stable rom and wifi is fully working. any problems just flash original 2.1

Stupid me I wrote wrong password for my network :) ;) :D

DOes someone know how to install psgroowe on optimus ???