The developer challenge!

Guest steviesteve

It's fair to say that anyone who has purchased one of these tablets is probably in love with the quality - especially when considering the pricepoint! This tablet IMO is the gadget bargain of 2010.

The challenge is thrown down to the developers - who can be the first to create a fast clean ROM for this baby?

Who, if it is even possible, would be able to port Flash or Flashlight to this marvel machine?

Can anyone point me in the direction of some great noob guides for cooking ROMs - I used to program and have a fiar understanding of how the OS works and would love to get my hands dirty again but would definitely need help.

I for one, would be willing to contribute cash for this cause, join in if you feel the same...

Guest steviesteve

Now that Paul has started working with this fantastic Device, I thought it would be nice to see a show of support.

I for one have signed up as an Ad-Free member, which is also a bargain and would urge anyone usnig one of these devices to do the same.

I hope the hard work put in by Paul pays off for everyone who has subscribed and will be reading the hackday posts with some serious enthusiasm.

Here's hoping the Commtiva/Viewpad/Droidpad goes from strength the strength with the developers expertise. :-)

Guest fester61

Yep me too.

A version of flash would be very useful but I understand the limitation is the N700's processor.

Got my ROM cooked just trying to figure out how to use clockworkmod. Anybody know of a beginners guide?

Guest steviesteve
Yep me too.

A version of flash would be very useful but I understand the limitation is the N700's processor.

Got my ROM cooked just trying to figure out how to use clockworkmod. Anybody know of a beginners guide?

What I did was follow the rooting guide at XDA-Developers.

Once clockword mod was installed, I pushed the cooked ROM to the SD card and used clockword mod to write the ROM to the system. Only problem was the clockwork mod recovery does not seem to register the key controls correctly and it was a bit fiddly. Does anyone know of a better way?

Not sure if this is the correct procedure but everything seems to be working perfectly (and smoother).