03/Mar Gr26 - NO SENSE: MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen (2.3.3 / GRI54)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest XtattiK

loved the ROM initially, but then started finding a few bugs...

Like Rick above, can't update my existing apps, or install anything new from the marketplace.

I tried his solution of a cache wipe, but it hasn't fixed anything.

Also can't change the default tones - trying to access the sounds menu in settings causes it to crash.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Guest Camel0000

Before i flashed this rom, i did "Wipe Data/Factory Reset, Wipe Cache Partition, and Wipe Davlik Cache) in the Recovery menü. I don´t have any of this bugs.

Does this Rom support Ext4 ?

Guest ShirazS
loved the ROM initially, but then started finding a few bugs...

Like Rick above, can't update my existing apps, or install anything new from the marketplace.

I tried his solution of a cache wipe, but it hasn't fixed anything.

Also can't change the default tones - trying to access the sounds menu in settings causes it to crash.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Did you do a full wipe of everything before installing like Camel0000 has done?

Because I had no issues with this ROM.

Guest Reaver.man

It's really sad that there are so many bugs with this ROM. I think I'm going to rather try the new final CyanogenMod released today.

Guest faelnor

I'm sorry for piling on the fix requests here (though it has been absolutely bug-free for me with a data/cache wipe), but is there a way to put the Desire's LED notifications back in? I rely on those a lot to know whether there have been calls or mails (blinking green) or SMSes (fixed blue).

If anyone knows of a manual fix I'm really interested. Thank you :)

Edited by faelnor

Guest atomictty

I suspect the dropbear installation has a bug. After not being able to connect to the sshd on 2222 i tried running the /etc/init.d/70dropbear script through a terminal emulator, but it tells me:

# /etc/init.d/70dropbear

rm failed for /system/build.prop, No such file or directory

/etc/init.d/70dropbear: cannot create /system/build.prop: not enough memory

write: broken pipe

dropbearkey: not found

dropbearkey: not found

dropbear: not found

Should i be tweaking the script? Or perhaps i should try making a symlink to /system/build.prop.nopassword. Will need to connect in recovery mode to do that i think...

EDIT: Strange, /system/build.prop is there via ADB but not visible under terminal emu.

EDIT2: Of course, if the script is running on boot then there wouldn't be one. But the system partition is ro via hardware lock, even root can't edit it. Is that's what's being interpreted by the sed command in the script? From the looks of it the script relies on temporarily mounting system rw to edit the build prop, which, unless my knowledge is outdated, is not possible to do on the HTC Desire due to a hardware lock. Thoughts?

Edited by atomictty

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've almost managed to get trackpad wake, disable all other keys (especially the power one!) working , but only managed to get menu wake with all other keys disabled.

There must be something that needs setting else where to enable the optical trackpad as it just wont seem to work.

Anyway, i copied the files from my GR26 rom to the zip file someone else created that works with the sense (R11) rom and then hacked the bravo-keypad.kl file.

I don't claim to know what i'm doing so please don't ask any complicated questions about what i did. (All i found out was that WAKE enables a key to wake up the phone and WAKE_DROPPED does the same but the 'action' associated with the key is then ignored).

I've also included the original settings (worth having on your sd card in case you have a play yourself and accidently disable all the keys... just reboot and flash it to get going again).

menu_wake_keys_disabled.zip

default_key_settings.zip

Edited by mrat

Guest subhramani

Sorry for being an idiot, but I am not sure if the discussion above is about what I wanted.

The phone wakes up to any key. I would like the phone to wake up only when I press the power button which is on top of the phone. Is that possible?

Sorry for being an idiot, but I am not sure if the discussion above is about what I wanted.

The phone wakes up to any key. I would like the phone to wake up only when I press the power button which is on top of the phone. Is that possible?

Yes.. Open the zip, find the bravo-keypad.kl file. Add WAKE to the power line and remove it from the menu one.

Guest subhramani

I'm very sorry, but I didn't understand a thing in that file. Can you link me up to any article which can tell me what that file does or something?

I am kind of clueless about what I need to add.

And guess what? People call ME geek :-s

EDIT: I UNDERSTOOD!! :mellow: :o

Edited by subhramani

Guest subhramani

Thanks for the help. I managed to edit the file and did a 'push' using ADB. The phone now wakes up to only power AND MENU. The menu button doesnt have the WAKE thing next to it, but still it wakes up when the menu button is pushed. Not sure why.

Guest ShirazS
Hi anychance of adding a signed version plz? I use amonra recovery which needs a signed rom .

Just disable signature verification?

• 2 weeks later...