Borked Optical Trackpad :/

Guest spences10

Guest spences10

Hi,

I had a search for broken optical trackpad and couldnt find anything

Anyway I have recently swapped my ZTE Blade for a HTC Desire and some cash, the phone is sound onyl thing is that the optical trackpad dosent work :) this isnt really a problem until you want to select things with it like optionsd in the clockworkmod recovery, does anyone know if there are way to swap the trackpad select with maybe the home button like on the HTC Sapphire [Magic]

I'm looking into getting it reconditioned but thought I would have a play in the meantime, I currently have a Amon_RA recovery installed which uses the power button for selection, but just tried to flash a radio and think i needed the trackpad option in that also

Any information greatly appreciated. Thanks B)

Guest spences10

I went to http://www.turnonyourmobile.com to ask if they could replace the trackpad and they said it would take a long time to get the part :{

I'm assuming that they arent an approved HTC repair company, so I'm still scratching around for some information

As an aside, the device is rooted with S-OFF and I have a bootloader, sorry HBOOT of 0.93 do i need to downgrade or is this not an issue anymore as i am rooted?

thanks.

Guest Harroguk
this isnt really a problem until you want to select things with it like optionsd in the clockworkmod recovery, does anyone know if there are way to swap the trackpad select with maybe the home button like on the HTC Sapphire [Magic]

I have exactly the same problem with the optical trackpad no longer "Clicking"

The only work around I found was to use Rom Manager (from the Market) to install roms via the non-flashed clockwork recovery install. Means that I can put updated ROMs on my handset. I havent really had any need for the trackpad button other than that so probably wont be getting it repaired.

Guest spences10
I have exactly the same problem with the optical trackpad no longer "Clicking"

The only work around I found was to use Rom Manager (from the Market) to install roms via the non-flashed clockwork recovery install. Means that I can put updated ROMs on my handset. I havent really had any need for the trackpad button other than that so probably wont be getting it repaired.

Yeah, that's what I have been doing - so you can live without being able to scroll up and down on pages with the trackpad?

I have never had it so I am just managing without :P my dell streak has no trackpad and i use that fine, spose its just the 'it doesn't work must fix it' thing

Wont the RUU remove the S-OFF? from what I understand it can be quite tricky to get the S-OFF again if the RUU puts the S-ON :D

Thanks.

Guest Frankish

Hey Spence. I have been using Amon ra recovery on the Desire before we swapped. There is a port with alt keys so you use volume to navigate and i think it was power to select.

Also clockwork has this. When it first boots up volume up, volume down, volume up and alt keys should now be enabled.

EDIT: Just read post properly and realised you are using the Amon Ra, like i said clockwork has an alt keys too. Also flashing a radio doesn't require trackpad...trust me i have flash radios on that Desire :P

Edited by Frankish

Guest spences10
Hey Spence. I have been using Amon ra recovery on the Desire before we swapped. There is a port with alt keys so you use volume to navigate and i think it was power to select.

Also clockwork has this. When it first boots up volume up, volume down, volume up and alt keys should now be enabled.

EDIT: Just read post properly and realised you are using the Amon Ra, like i said clockwork has an alt keys too. Also flashing a radio doesn't require trackpad...trust me i have flash radios on that Desire :P

Hey Frankish,

Loving the desire, don't really understand the instructions about the alternate key in clockwork mod - can you link me up?

And yes managed to flash radios the other day :D i was trying to use the vol up + vol down from the 'flash' menu where for some reason it doesn't work, but if you navigate back to the 'main' menu you can use both the vol buttons to restart

So now I have sussed that out I can manage all flashing from the RA recovery :D

Guest Frankish

Can really explain it. When the Clockwork recovery first loads you press volume up so that it goes to the item at the bottom then volume down and it goes back to the top then volume up once more. This enables different buttons for people with no trackpad etc.

Guest spences10
Can really explain it. When the Clockwork recovery first loads you press volume up so that it goes to the item at the bottom then volume down and it goes back to the top then volume up once more. This enables different buttons for people with no trackpad etc.

*alan partridge voice* Aha!

So now can use both recoveries!! awesome ta Frankish :P

Hows thinkgs with the #ZTEBlade going?

Guest Harroguk
*alan partridge voice* Aha!

So now can use both recoveries!! awesome ta Frankish :P

Hows thinkgs with the #ZTEBlade going?

Indeed, thanks very much Frankish, I have been waiting for this information for a very long time.

• 1 month later...

EDIT: Just read post properly and realised you are using the Amon Ra, like i said clockwork has an alt keys too. Also flashing a radio doesn't require trackpad...trust me i have flash radios on that Desire :lol:

Dude, I cannot tell you how long I looked for a solution to use clockwork without the ability to click the optical pad. I just happened upon your post after several failed google attempts over the past month. Thanks for the info and instruct.