Gingerbread for Vega

Guest djdannyt

Guest djdannyt

:P

I will shortly be purchasing a Vega - I wanted to know if when Gingerbread is released if the Vega can be simply updated to use this or will be stuck on Froyo. If so will it be a straight forward upgrade process?

Also, did I hear correctly that Gingerbread is out in the development world but not for consumers yet?

Dan

Personally I am starting to think that gingerbread might be a mythical creature!

google has shown demos if gingerbread now., (not much tho)

I will shortly be purchasing a Vega - I wanted to know if when Gingerbread is released if the Vega can be simply updated to use this or will be stuck on Froyo. If so will it be a straight forward upgrade process?

Also, did I hear correctly that Gingerbread is out in the development world but not for consumers yet?

Dan

simply, we dont know, it depends on the vega team, demand of product, and ease of upgrade.

google has shown demos if gingerbread now., (not much tho)

simply, we dont know, it depends on the vega team, demand of product, and ease of upgrade.

Im sure between paul and the xda forum guys there will be a gingerbread rom regardless ... remember the vega is based on a generic model so even if dixons dont provide one someone else probably will.

Guest rferrett

All the same I did read on a tech blog a while back that 2.3 and 3.0 might be released at the same time, and both be Gingerbread but that the dev split. And that Honeycombe would be 3.5 in the summer.

But I now cannot find the link, and I have not heard anyone else say this anywhere, so almost certainly bullsh*t.

I am suprised Gingerbread has not been released yet mind. Could the Nexus S really have been *that* buggy?

Guest rferrett

So it is here then. When do we reckon we will get some hot Gingerbread action on our Vegas? Will advent release a mod or will it be down to the community to make a custom one? I must say I don't really understand what that entails so very interested to see how this pans out...