[GUIDE] Debranding /Installing different/recovering bricked firmware on your Motorola Defy

Guest Higgsy

If I use the stock ROM, will I be able to receive updates from Motorola.

Like I would like to wait for the 2.2 release by Motorola. Would I be able to get their updates?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest it_ferret

Ok my phone is DEAD! Yes I have have read alot of posts and used my mate "Google" but they are all saying or pointing to your thread which I have read. I work in ICT so I know to do research first before posting but I'm not getting anywhere. I just hope i'm being a numpty and missed something.

I have an unbranded UK one original version 2.21 and I had successfully flashed with your rom and others by following the steps, but last night I flashed it with PAYS rom and it was fine but then it all went pear shaped when I tried to flash it back to the original 2.21 rom via RSD Lite but it's just a black screen and when plugged in I get a charge light. The Battery is full charge.

I can not enter Bootloader and when I enter system recovery it does not respond when pressing the bottom right hand corner.

RSD does see the phone connected and it runs through the process of flashing it but then it goes to re-boot and nothing. RSD says it's finished, it does not go through the process of re-booting the phone.

In RSD on the phone properties this is all I get:-

IMEI/ESN/MEID: N / A

Technology: N / A

Software Version: N / A

Flex Version: N / A

Bootloader Version: v0x000910

DRM Version: N / A

AP Die ID: 1e600209036f60010000d8ff0100

BP Die ID: 0000000000000000000000000000

AP Public ID: a9e56c008df05759e72a50cf0e4ce907eea6c0de

Please, please somebody help me!

Ok my phone is DEAD! Yes I have have read alot of posts and used my mate "Google" but they are all saying or pointing to your thread which I have read. I work in ICT so I know to do research first before posting but I'm not getting anywhere. I just hope i'm being a numpty and missed something.

I have an unbranded UK one original version 2.21 and I had successfully flashed with your rom and others by following the steps, but last night I flashed it with PAYS rom and it was fine but then it all went pear shaped when I tried to flash it back to the original 2.21 rom via RSD Lite but it's just a black screen and when plugged in I get a charge light. The Battery is full charge.

I can not enter Bootloader and when I enter system recovery it does not respond when pressing the bottom right hand corner.

RSD does see the phone connected and it runs through the process of flashing it but then it goes to re-boot and nothing. RSD says it's finished, it does not go through the process of re-booting the phone.

In RSD on the phone properties this is all I get:-

AP Die ID: 1e600209036f60010000d8ff0100

AP Public ID: a9e56c008df05759e72a50cf0e4ce907eea6c0de

Please, please somebody help me!

I have faced similar problem.

I think there is some thing that avoid putting any other ROM but the Pays-

Idea thats worked in my case:

Power on with volume up pressed. Even if there are nothing id the screen, flash the Pays ROM using RSD Lite. ANd continues eith the process.

Pls. let know whats going on

Luck and I expect some correction in the new Pays ROM version.

G.

I have faced similar problem.

I think there is some thing that avoid putting any other ROM but the Pays-

Idea thats worked in my case:

Power on with volume up pressed. Even if there are nothing id the screen, flash the Pays ROM using RSD Lite. ANd continues eith the process.

Pls. let know whats going on

Luck and I expect some correction in the new Pays ROM version.

G.

Correction. You must flash the Android 2.2 Froyo based on UK 3.4.2-117 using RSD lite.

G.

• 1 month later...
Guest Spiffilacious

Thanks a million to Higgsy - the procedure worked great for me. I semi-bricked my Defy while freezing bloatware apps one at a time, rebooting after freezing MotoBlur Services gave me a blank screen with no access to apps. I used the deblurred Central European .sbf, and what a relief to see the green android when the phone rebooted!

This has given me the dangerous confidence to continue poking around, safe in the knowledge that I can always get back to where I am now. What a cracking phone the Defy is, and the info available in forums is fantastic.

Edit: Just want to add that all my apps were still present, not the Voda or Blur nonsense of course, but Z4Root would not run. I removed and re-installed the app but still no-go, so I rooted with SuperOneClick.

Edited by Spiffilacious

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest toothferry

I tried this method and my phone is black RSDlite told me that the process is finished and rebooted the phone i waited all night did not get the green android unpluged the phone and nothing is happenning except the white light when connected to pc rsdlite does not see the device. what can I do Now Please help

Guest bietoff0728

Hi Higgsy!!

My Defy is in JRDNEM_U3_2.51.1 BLUR which i flash it months ago until recently i rooted it with SuperOneClick v2.1. I tried to flash it with 3.4.2_177-005_NORDIC last 3 days and i'm stuck at the ANDROID Logo until now. I've tried your method but still the same. This is what appears in RSD Lite v4.9:

Device Properties

AP Die ID: 2920020c0b8860010000d8ff2100

AP Public ID: e35ec27f433edac915b7f0e05ddff47a750b41e2

BP Public ID: 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Progress : Executed 100%

Result : In progress...

Did i make a mistake by flashing the NORDIC ROM?

Can you or anyone help me out with this?

Thank you in advance...