DJ steve..wheres my bb and GPS on Froyo 1.4.6?

Guest jkim5708

Guest jkim5708

I just got on DJ Steves Froyo build 1.4.6...blazing fast so far, but wheres my bb and gps?

Under about phone...my bb is unknown, i cant get on US att network after I insert SIM. Also dont see any Gps

Anyone help...I dont really care all that much about bb mainly use wifi (seems a bit dodgy at the moment) , but i rely heavily on GPS.....

Once I get that resolved..will be donating to your hard work.

Thanks!

Guest strvmarv
I just got on DJ Steves Froyo build 1.4.6...blazing fast so far, but wheres my bb and gps?

Under about phone...my bb is unknown, i cant get on US att network after I insert SIM. Also dont see any Gps

Anyone help...I dont really care all that much about bb mainly use wifi (seems a bit dodgy at the moment) , but i rely heavily on GPS.....

Once I get that resolved..will be donating to your hard work.

Thanks!

BB is populated properly and GPS works just fine for me. Where did you start from? US 1.6, "leaked" 2.2, or a previous DJ_Steve ROM? Did you follow all of the instructions in his post and flash the baseband with the provided file via fastboot? Don't knock Steve-o and not donate just because you're experiencing hiccups...

Guest jkim5708
BB is populated properly and GPS works just fine for me. Where did you start from? US 1.6, "leaked" 2.2, or a previous DJ_Steve ROM? Did you follow all of the instructions in his post and flash the baseband with the provided file via fastboot? Don't knock Steve-o and not donate just because you're experiencing hiccups...

I went from US6601-->O2 4399(pkg)--> o2 Eclair 2.1 8105(pkg)---> DJ Steve 1.4.6 (zip)....Hmmm Im going to reflash....

Do I need to apply the amss.mbn file thats out there and the camera fix if I go directly to lates build 1.4.6 from 8105?

Guest SABWAFARE2001

Yes you need to flash the amss file which is for 1.2.1 and up. You currently have the amss file for 1.1.1 and below, which you will not have a network connection with 1.4.6. I have a network connection, but have the gps issues also.

I went from US6601-->O2 4399(pkg)--> o2 Eclair 2.1 8105(pkg)---> DJ Steve 1.4.6 (zip)....Hmmm Im going to reflash....

Do I need to apply the amss.mbn file thats out there and the camera fix if I go directly to lates build 1.4.6 from 8105?

Edited by SABWAFARE2001

Guest jkim5708

OK...flashed the amss.mbn...now bb is back and able jump on att network....but no GPS...

Guest tracking_streak
OK...flashed the amss.mbn...now bb is back and able jump on att network....but no GPS...

As far as I know GPS location is not made through broadband.

So unless Streak has an GPS RECEIVER build-in, you are not able to receive any GPS signal.

Only GPRS signal are processed through bb (broadband?)

Edited by tracking_streak

Guest cellopoly
Gps works well here too on 1.4.6

My gps wont lock either. Ive tried faster fix but still to no avail. Im located in canada

Other than that this rom 1.4.6 is great

Guest vijay15
My gps wont lock either. Ive tried faster fix but still to no avail. Im located in canada

I have the same problem. I went from 1.1.1 to 1.4.6 and I cant lock on GPS.

Any ideas what's wrong Steve or Fards? There is another user named MELTUS on the xda boards having the same issues.

EDIT: Here is what I have tried so far.

1. HARD RESET

2. RE-FLASH

3. Changing NTP server in gps.conf to ca.pool.ntp.org

4. Enabling the intermediate position in gps.conf

5. Changing SUPL_HOST to Bell

6. Changing SUPL-HOST port to 80

I tried each of these sequentially to see if one change would work. So far ... no dice ...

I am located in canada, if that helps the matter to "localize" it (pun intended)

Edited by vijay15

Guest jkim5708
As far as I know GPS location is not made through broadband.

So unless Streak has an GPS RECEIVER build-in, you are not able to receive any GPS signal.

Only GPRS signal are processed through bb (broadband?)

Wow Thanks guys for replies...all functions working on my DJ froyo build. I couldnt for the life of me find the GPS settings toggle. But when I launched my copilot, the GPS symbol auto turned on/off when entering exiting program...Nice...Im on US ATT netork 3g and data d/l similar to other builds. Where it shines is Quadrant and linpack...This streak blazing Fast....Very Nice..Now all i need is FM radio and to be able to stream my Divx movie libraries over wireless network lan..my old Winmo Dell axim with the TCMP player was the Bomb at that! Wish there was something similar on my Android

Edited by jkim5708

Guest vijay15
Wow Thanks guys for replies...all functions working on my DJ froyo build. I couldnt for the life of me find the GPS settings toggle. But when I launched my copilot, the GPS symbol auto turned on/off when entering exiting program...Nice...Im on US ATT netork 3g and data d/l similar to other builds. Where it shines is Quadrant and linpack...This streak blazing Fast....Very Nice..Now all i need is FM radio and to be able to stream my Divx movie libraries over wireless network lan..my old Winmo Dell axim with the TCMP player was the Bomb at that! Wish there was something similar on my Android

Wait ... so ur gps now works?

Guest vijay15

I am in Toronto. I have 1.4.6 and GPS locks with Copilot, gas buddy and google maps. I have heard some rogers customers with non rogers hardware having your problem. I personally havent seen it on my phone and I am with Rogers. I have no idea how being with a specific network provider can have such effect but apperantly there are discussion around this in other forums.

Guest jkim5708

I think it always worked...I was used to seeing the gps option under wireless settings in previous roms....but in short it works. Man im loving this build...wish i could get back old taskbar