random ringtone reset

Guest thevoid

Guest thevoid

Any clues as to why the ringtone resets to default on SF? seems to happen when the phone is restarted, I've tried using ringdroid so the tones are available in the ringtone menu but still revert to default

Guest Flumpster

I've found that if you are storing custom ringtones on your SD and then you mount the SD then they are not available to the phone to use while mounted so it reverts to a default one so you don't miss any calls. It might be something related to that on your end.

If you select one of the inbuilt ones that are not on the SD and restart does it still switch to default one ?

Guest thevoid
I've found that if you are storing custom ringtones on your SD and then you mount the SD then they are not available to the phone to use while mounted so it reverts to a default one so you don't miss any calls. It might be something related to that on your end.

If you select one of the inbuilt ones that are not on the SD and restart does it still switch to default one ?

good point on tying one of the other inbuilt ones, how can I move a ringtone to the same location as the other ones?

I have the same problem!! My ringtone keeps randomly resetting. It doesn't happen often, maybe 4 or 5 times since I got the phone (about 2 months). I use a custom ringtone, and have set it using ringdroid. It actually happened again today. I hadn't even rebooted the phone!!

Thats happend with me as well but thats happend only because it was plugged and usb mass mode on. Becasue some ringtones on sd card when you on mass mode only you can use ringtones on the phone.

Guest Chillimonster
Thats happend with me as well but thats happend only because it was plugged and usb mass mode on. Becasue some ringtones on sd card when you on mass mode only you can use ringtones on the phone.

I got round this by editing the rom before i flashed it. I opened up the zip and browsed to the ringtones and notifications and removed them all and just put the ones i wanted in there.

Problem solved :P

I dont like ringdroid I still dont understand how it is working, but it seems that it stores the ringing and notification tones to /sdcard/media subfloders. But I also had the reset probtlem with ringdroid.

My solution: lets copy the ringtone to the same place where all the other inbiud ringtones are stored: /system/media/ringtone. Phone should be rooted.

- use Root Explorer and remount the /system (you can use adb as well, or other free file managers having root rights.

- copy the ringing tone (mp3/mid/ogg) to /system/media/ringtone, message (SMS) tones to notification subforlder (or ringtone folder)

- remount the /system to redonly

reboot.

This solution is similar to Chillimonster, but ypou don't need to reflash.

Note: flashing a new rom will erase the ringtone and you should execute the above steps again.

Guest thevoid
I had this problem but thought it may be due to taskiller killing my music player. Ignored music player and dont seem to have the problem any more.

that could be a winner, I've been using ringdroid and still getting the same issue