O2 just sent me unlock code for my Dell Streak!

Guest twe

<quote>

We don't have the code for this one on our database & will need to

request this from the manufacturer usually the codes when requested

comeback by next day, however these days we are facing some delays form

their end.

I'll have this requested & pass it on to you as soon as we get the code

back.

<unquote>

Just got the same reply from Sagar!!! Finally!! Keeping my fingers crossed now!!!

<quote>

their end.

back.

<unquote>

Just got the same reply from Sagar!!! Finally!! Keeping my fingers crossed now!!!

Wow thiS is exactly the same email he sent me yesterday

@twe.....How long do they take to supply the code after providing the IMEI ???

It took about 3 days for them to get back to me, but that was in November. Am guessing during Christmas time and the fact that a lot more people, due to this thread, are now requesting unlock codes so it will take longer.

Hi Sindre,

their end.

back.

Kind Regards

Sagar

Just to keep you guys posted. I recommend to keep replying in a friendly manner until this guy picks up the conversation.

It took me about 6 mails before i got "lucky".

Haha, this is so stupid. :)

Guest 323spoon

I have been emailing Sarah Hatton at o2s complaint review service and she has just sent me my code and it works great! NO MORE REBEL SIM! :)

I was emailing her on [email protected], if you put her name on the top then she should get the email.... might be worth a try for everyone thats struggling with them.

I've just sent her an email thanking her for the code and her help but also told her they need to make the front line advisors aware that the Streak can be unlocked so other customers dont have to go through what we have... We'll see....

I have been emailing Sarah Hatton at o2s complaint review service and she has just sent me my code and it works great! NO MORE REBEL SIM! :)

I was emailing her on [email protected], if you put her name on the top then she should get the email.... might be worth a try for everyone thats struggling with them.

I've just sent her an email thanking her for the code and her help but also told her they need to make the front line advisors aware that the Streak can be unlocked so other customers dont have to go through what we have... We'll see....

Ive emailed her, wish me luck!!

Guest 323spoon
Great! just what we need. ;)

I hope this works out for everyone.

I know! I was really starting to believe i would never get the code. Let me know how you get on emailing Sarah. Shes gunna regret dealing with me now ive gave her name out :)

My name is Craig Mooney if you want to quote who she got the code for. I want to help as many people as possible so you dont have to go through what i did.

Let me know how you get on.

Good to know, check out my last reply if you want to move to Steve's 1.5.1 with new baseband, worked for me.

Ive never understood the issue to be honest. Surely, your contracted to pay x for x months if you use the bloody sim or not. Win win for them if your paying for bandwidth you dont use, surely?

Guest BrumBrum74

My first try ended up like this:

Hi xxxxxxx

Thanks for your email.

I'm sorry our network hasn't took any decision to unlock the Dell

Streak. Once it's decided, it'll be updated on our website.

I hope this helps. If you need anything else, just email me or visit our

online Help Centre at:

http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp

Regards

Arbinder

O2 Customer Service

Telefónica O2 UK Limited, Registered in England No 1743099. Registered

Office: 260 Bath Road, Slough, Berkshire SL1 4DX.

-------------------------------------------

Replied them. Not gonna give up.

Edited by BrumBrum74

Guest grigoris

Since I haven't got any news from Sagar yet ..........

I've e-mailed her too.

keeping my fingers crossed ...

Guest Soumya Banerjee

Do you how much is the charge for unlatching ?..I received a mail last night that my unlatching request can't be proceeded since I don't have enough credit which was GBP 4....I immediately topped up another GBP 30 and mailed them....let's hope for the best.....!!!

Whom did you receive an email from? I don't think anyone who got the unlock code from Sagar has been charged. Especially since most of them didn't have an O2 account!

Whom did you receive an email from? I don't think anyone who got the unlock code from Sagar has been charged. Especially since most of them didn't have an O2 account!

True dat.

The reply I got from sagar were on a mail i sent directly to the mycareweb mail - without any details.

Guest sukicat

This is a reply from O2 that a Mate of mine who bought a Locked Streak on Ebay

and put a Pay as you go Sim in it, he does not have a account with o2... got this Morning

"I'm glad to inform you that we've started unlocking Dell streak.

There is a charge of £15 for unlocking your phone. Please make sure that

you've a credit balance of £15 in your account, as the unlocking charge

of £15 will be deducted from your credit balance.

You'd get the unlocking code within 7 to 14 days after you request for

it.

I look forward to your reply."

Edited by sukicat

Interesting! But that still leaves us non-O2 users up s*** creek without a paddle, if you go by their official policy! Good thing there's people like Sagar around!!