[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest andycanada
Hm, my dialer is not working ;)

"android.process.acore closed" message.

Thought it was the contacts, so deleted them and synced them again (took some time though :)), but still no avail.

Running the 'pre R11'.

I get the same thing. I updated without wiping from r10, don't know if maybe i should do a wipe?

I just wiped and installed the r11 and the dialer still is broken

Edited by andycanada

Guest juniperz
Is anyone getting the HSDPA icon? I see "HSDPA icon differentiation" was included in the r7 changelog, but I'm only seeing "3G" in the notifications bar.

I use R10 and am on "Use only 2G networks" at the moment - I see "E" in the bar. If I turn on 3G, I see "H".

I get the same thing. I updated without wiping from r10, don't know if maybe i should do a wipe?

Don't: people who did are reporting the same, only option right now is use another dialer from the market (aDialer looks nice, but is $0.99).

Edited by RalfB

If it makes a difference Paul, I downloaded the r11 without the gingerbread stuff - wiped before install

thats when I noticed the dialler,

Maybe someone who used the gingerbread option can say if it's working for them or not

might help eliminate that as a possible cause

Guest james1uk

Hi Paul. First post, but been lurking in the background since the blade came out. Love the forum and all your hard work (and all the contributions the devs and everyone makes)

have a question about the dailer's... ( zte dailer and stock dailer)

I flashed to r8 before and i'm currently on r10. In r8 i had the stock dailer and really liked it, but when i flashed to r10 it gave me the zte dailer.

Does r11 include the stock dailer. And if not is it possible to include it, maybe as a kitchen option ? Or is there some other reason why the zte dailer is needed/prefered.

...also, in r10 both the dailers are shown in "manage applications" but only the zte dailer can be used. (ie i can't find a way of using the stock dailer)

AH

Just had a look at the app list and my default dialler is "Dialer"

"Phone" is further down the list and this works perfectly

although it is nowhere near as nice to use

Maybe someone who used the gingerbread option can say if it's working for them or not

I've had Gingerbread selected, and no working dialer. Only wiped my cache, I came from R10.

But even without a working dialer I'm loving the release, muchios gracios Paul.

Now using phone, good enough for me ;)

Edited by RalfB

Sorry for being a little thick.

I was looking to try and download the r10 release but cant seem to find a link. Is it currently only available via the kitchen?

Regards,

Nims

in r8 there were also 2 dialer (e.g. "Dialer" and "Phone") - one of them not working (force closes)

with r10 there is only one dialer (since i use German its called "Wähler", in english it would be "Dialer") and a new launching icon appeared that opens the "recently called/missed calls/etc.." list - maybe paul mixed something up?

Edited by hacki

Guest Totyasrác
Sorry for being a little thick.

I was looking to try and download the r10 release but cant seem to find a link. Is it currently only available via the kitchen?

Regards,

Nims

Yes.

Guest Phoenix Silver
If it makes a difference Paul, I downloaded the r11 without the gingerbread stuff - wiped before install

thats when I noticed the dialler,

i use the gingerbread stuff

i wiped everything before install R11

and dialer is correct

Guest tronads

I'm on release 10, going to look at release 11 when I get home tonight.

The only problem I've found not already mentioned is that "hotukdeals droid" app by gluestickapps has now stopped working. It just sits there on "loading data please wait" forever.

Guest Phoenix Silver
I'm on release 10, going to look at release 11 when I get home tonight.

The only problem I've found not already mentioned is that "hotukdeals droid" app by gluestickapps has now stopped working. It just sits there on "loading data please wait" forever.

have you tried a couple of reboots ?

did the same thing here with some apps

fixed after 1 reboot

Guest tronads
have you tried a couple of reboots ?

did the same thing here with some apps

fixed after 1 reboot

I have....cleared the data out, uninstalled and redownloaded etc, its having none of it.

Strange as I have had the same issue on a prior generation of the rom, but it was fixed for a while, and now its gone again. No big deal though.

Guest Azurren
Updated r11 'changelog so far'.

Changelog

r11 (forthcoming)

• Further WiFi updates / fixes

Tbh whenever I see "Wifi Fix" I always hope that it will solve that awful wifi sleep issue

What exactly is being fixed? Just general optimization / bug fixes?

Guest HELLienadO

An option to get stock dialer, instead of ZTE one, would be much appreciated...

I want stock dialer as in r8 ;)

in r8 when you open contacts, there are 4 tabs, phone, call log, contacts and favorites, in r10 there was no phone tab and added an useless group tab :) hows this in r11?

Tbh whenever I see "Wifi Fix" I always hope that it will solve that awful wifi sleep issue

What exactly is being fixed? Just general optimization / bug fixes?

I've not had the WiFi sleep issue since r8, assumed it was fixed? is it not?