[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Flumpster

I don't know if this will help but here was my experience.

I have installed multiple 2.1 roms and use adb daily. Everything working fine.

I upgraded to 2.2 roms and nothing worked on my pc anymore, adb wouldn't detect the device, no storage, everything had stopped.

I looked in system devices and 4 ZTE devices were there with no drivers. Went back to my 2.1 backup to check and everything worked fine again in windows.

Next up I reinstall 2.2 and tried to use the usb drivers I had used originally but they just said wrong drivers for each of the 4 devices.

Used the newer drivers from this second post down in this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...a-win7-x86-x64/ for all 4 devices and everything started working again.

God knows if it's related.

Guest XenoPhoenix
Apologies but I am little confused, can't see any mention of it?

Yeah some links seem to break and go to the front page for some reason. Here's a fixed link to the post Paul was referencing:

- When will r11 prebake be available - as soon as this is stable and I don't need to make small changes quickly

Edited by XenoPhoenix

Guest t0mm13b

So far, am enjoying this ROM 11 release....

Personally, I checked the contacts, to use the stock contacts/dialler as it's simpler and works.... the smart dialler does my head in.... :)

Wifi excellent, when put into airplane mode overnight - which I do, the battery life is seemingly much better than the previous roms...

The usb tethering - I thought that was when you plug in the cable and the handset can use the laptop's internet connection... :confused: oh well.... not worrying about it now, the main thing is the handset is the smoothest ever....

That's my verdict after playing with it and am surprised to see some people having issues with the non-stock contacts and smart dialler....

10/10... As this is my 100th posting I might as well sing praises.... ;)

:D

Guest Totyasrác
I don't know if this will help but here was my experience.

I have installed multiple 2.1 roms and use adb daily. Everything working fine.

I upgraded to 2.2 roms and nothing worked on my pc anymore, adb wouldn't detect the device, no storage, everything had stopped.

(...)

God knows if it's related.

Well, my laptop had working ADB connection with all previous "alpha" MCR Froyos, r10 included I believe. Now with r11 nothing sees my phone (not even a "New hw found" wizard as on my office PC).

So I guess it shouldn't be a driver issue...

Guest stuartmc

I had same USB mount problem and it was down to Titanium wanting USB debugging switched on which disables the mount dialogue. If you switch this off then it gives you the mount option.

Guest tyrol_gangster

can sb help pls - thought i would try this one out as my first Froyo ROM, starts up ok, but Android Market is stuck at 'starting download' no matter if connected using WiFi or data only :-/ wiped cache/data/dalvik before and after flash.

Edited by tyrol_gangster

Guest t0mm13b
can sb help pls - thought i would try this one out as my first Froyo ROM, starts up ok, but Android Market is stuck at 'starting download' no matter if connected using WiFi or data only :-/ wiped cache/data/dalvik before and after flash.

Use Task Killer, scroll down on the first tab, look for market, tap on the X beside it, then next time restart market.... then you should be ok

Before anyone tells me... I know, I know.... Froyo does a good job in maintaining memory etc....

Guest tyrol_gangster

t0mm13b: did not work for me :-( thanks for the effort though. tried clearing app's cache and data (recommended elsewhere) as well to no avail. FFS! i really wonder if this system (android) is intended to be used by ordinary ppl who simply wanna use their phone w/o having to spend hours on forums like this (no offense intended whatsoever)

Guest Frankish
t0mm13b: did not work for me :-( thanks for the effort though. tried clearing app's cache and data (recommended elsewhere) as well to no avail. FFS! i really wonder if this system (android) is intended to be used by ordinary ppl who simply wanna use their phone w/o having to spend hours on forums like this (no offense intended whatsoever)

If you want the phone to be just usable with no quirks flash back to stock Orange 2.1. This is still a leaked beta Froyo which Paul has spent hours heavily fixing.

Maybe the market is having problems at the moment? It was last night for about 20 minutes that I noticed.

Different topic

Has anyone tried making a backup and restoring from this rom?

Just got my Blade yesterday and followed the guides on here. 20 mins later I was running 2.2! So thanks. So far havent come accross major issues but then I'm new to Android. Got a couple of minor questions but will search before posting!

Guest tyrol_gangster

Frankish: that was a general remark on android/google mate, not aimed at Pauls work which I appreciate a lot and am thankful for. i have had problems with the stock ROM too, including similar problem with market, sms responses being sent to wrong person etc etc etc

Edited by tyrol_gangster

Guest Frankish
Maybe the market is having problems at the moment? It was last night for about 20 minutes that I noticed.

Different topic

Has anyone tried making a backup and restoring from this rom?

Backup and restore works fine. If you make any changes to framework-res.apk it needs to be signed with the platform key for Nandroid restore to work. I've pm'd you mate. Do it yourself or send me it to sign ;)

Guest Frankish

It actually is the smoothest rom so far. r8 was lagging like hell when scrolling in browser etc. In this it's sooooo smooth and i haven't changed any apps or anything.

Known issues
  • None!

Changelog

r11

[*]Further WiFi updates / fixes

[*]Contacts update (again!) to try and resolve Facebook sync issue

[*]Gingerbread appearance pack for WiFi Status indicator

[*]MCK 1.3 - removed HID debug info, other minor tweaks

[*]Removed 'no menu to unlock' option (temporarily) to avoid 'white on white text' from framework/services conflicts.

[*]Gingerbread additional ringtones / sounds (for all builds)

[*]Updated busybox

[*]Added correct HDPI resources to Calendar

[*]Updated version of Android Market

[*]Added distinct multitouch permissions XML files

[*]Updated sh binary for better experience via adb (up / down arrows etc).

[*]Modified gps configuration

[*]Optional stock contacts / dialler

[*]Tweaked launcher for compatability with stock dialler

Hey, Paul. So where is the download for r11? help out please.

Guest gouabafla

I've just upgraded to r11, but my phone won't boot. It just freezes on the MoDaCo screen, which flashes from time to time. Has anyone else found this? Sorry if it is mentioned elsewhere on the thread, I did search, but couldn't find the same problem.

----------

Edited to spell 'upgraded' correctly, I did a reinstall and it seems to be ok now! Thanks Paul

Edited by gouabafla

Guest Junior Bear

flashed this rom today, all good.

apart from restoring apps from titanium.

once id restored them all. i rebooted my phone and the apps were still in the 'apps list' but werent in the menu or on my homescreen where id put them.

i had to manually restore them again through titanium.

titanium itself i find very frustrating and i often have to force close and restart my chosen task (ie restore, backup...) 3 times out of 10 it works. very annoying.

going to do a nandroid backup once ive got all the apps i had before and get everythin set up properly, but wish i didnt need to to be honest

Guest t0mm13b
flashed this rom today, all good.

apart from restoring apps from titanium.

once id restored them all. i rebooted my phone and the apps were still in the 'apps list' but werent in the menu or on my homescreen where id put them.

i had to manually restore them again through titanium.

titanium itself i find very frustrating and i often have to force close and restart my chosen task (ie restore, backup...) 3 times out of 10 it works. very annoying.

going to do a nandroid backup once ive got all the apps i had before and get everythin set up properly, but wish i didnt need to to be honest

There's a thread elsewhere in respect to Titanium - donate to it and you get a license and then Titanium works far better and smoother - no crashes, no freeze-ups.... It's worth it... $5 USD that's what.... 3.50 or thereabouts... worth it and if you don't bother and moan about Titanium crashing etc, no point posting here about it.. ;)

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest fox2000
Fixed that link now, here is its again. Yes it effectively just removes .apks from the zips so the total size when extracted is smaller. As paul mentions though, if the update is too big ClockworkMod recovery simple stops extracting it.

thank you very much, tomorrow I'll give it a try with the prebake version! ;)

A quick question if I may.

Touchpal still does not seem to work properly. In particular, when the dictionary option is chosen, which enables prediction etc, the app just closes down and the keyboard disappears. Any ideas?

Sorry to bother everyone, but has anyone else got the above-mentioned issue?